• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Paranatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
After several minutes of beating down trees and other sturdy structures, Ra paused to breathe, heaving slightly as she sunk to her knees. On the somewhat-bright side, she had managed to rid herself of most of her anger. On the not-so-bright side, she had become rather fatigued, even for a demon. Closing her eyes, she let out a sigh of relief and relaxed a bit. For once, her mother wasn't in her thoughts. However, something else was. She didn't want to die again. That was a long time ago, and something she never wanted to experience. Not again, at least.

"No, Mr...Mr. Letter!" Nick said, nervous about what the letter said, but not at all about the letter writing itself. "Uh...Roots...A tree? You want us to climb a tree?" As if in response, a tree fell in the distance. Then another one, and another one.
"Sid, you're good at puzzles. What do you make of this?" Nick asked. He headed for the forested area near the school. He thought perhaps there was a clue there. He didn't find a clue. But he did find Ra! But she seemed angry. But not at him! But Nick was wary of being hot by a falling tree.
"I don't think that's a good way to appreciate nature." Nick said. "Are you alright?"

"No," was her quiet response as she avoided his gaze. "She crossed my thoughts, then Lilu said something. I just remember being so angry.." She mumbled, head in her hands. She wondered if she had inherited her mother's bad temper and anger issues.

Axel moaned and started to sweat. He started to turn up his music in his ears and was surprised that he couldn't hear anything. Then he remembered his headphones were fried. He yanked them out and walked outside to get fresh air and to possibly calm himself down.

He walked outside to find that some trees were cut down by the demon girl. That's a good idea, he thought. He muttered under his breathe, *"Exorior Concero Katana's of mei sub Edgardo nomen. Exorior quod provectus pro justicia." Suddenly his backpack turned into two long katakanas and he immediately started to slash trees, watching as the trees fell to the ground.

After watching as a tree fell down, Axel muttered, *"Gratias ago vos vestri muneris , vos servo puteus sub Edgardo nomen. Reverto ut vestri preteritus civitas of meus choice insquequo accersitus iterum."*Before his twin katakana's returned to his black backpack.

He walked for a bit longer, to find the demon girl upset from Lulu's response. She said she remembered being angry. Axel could relate a lot.

He sat on the tree stump opposite her. "So you're being a dick to trees as well?" He asked her, looking at the ground.

"Oh." Nick said, shifting a bit. It took him a moment to realize Ra was referring to her mother. She must have some serious problems. But then, Nick supposed he'd be grouchy too if his mom left him to live in a cave. He never really knew his own dad, so he hadn't ever gotten attached. He supposed Ra had known her mom. He opened his mouth to say something, but then he heard someone speaking Spanish. Then more trees falling.
"Guys, if you don't stop we'll put the lumber industry out of business." Nick said.

While the group was distracted, the note began writing itself once more.

By the way, thanks for just sitting there! Now I can bring you guys to me!

A light exuded from the note, enveloping the rest of the Paranaturalists; one-by-one they each teleported away. Each of them would find themselves on a long driveway which led to a gigantic mansion. A very cliche place for a mystery, but there seemed to be no other way to go since the area behind them was nothing but total blackness.

Ra didn't have the heart to laugh at Nick's joke. "It's better than wiping out cities just for the hell of it," she muttered in a bitter, cold tone.

"Ok gang, I am going on ahead." Sid says as he walks up the driveway. A mansion floating in a void was unusual but they had been invited so it should be safe enough. Sid slowly opens the front door and peeks inside..

Jett looked around for a moment, mind wandering until Sid's remark brought him back to reality. Quickly creating his usual ice spear, he looked to the others and asked "I guess we have no choice but to play their game for now. Should we follow him?"

(OOC: Wait? So who got transported? Everyone or...?)

Riley looked around at his new surroundings, thankful for a new adventure, no matter how cliche the setting was. He was about to take a sip of his root beer, when he realised the root beer hadn't transported with him!

"Heeey no fair! Like that's totally uncool. Let's like hunt down this ghost so we can, like get reven- victorious." He said, pouting.

He summoned his bow and arrows and ventured forward, galloping as quietly as he could (which wasn't that quiet! ) to the mansion's door, opening it.

Rose looked around, raising as eyebrow as she got out her axe. "Well. This is pretty cliche, am I right?" She said, looking at the others. Her eyes fell ahead to see horse boy galloping ahead and opening the door.

"Sid, horse boy, wait for us - we need to make a plan or something or lay low, which is kinda pointless seeing that he sent us here, but that's not the point we need to...and he's made a lot of noise already and opened the door..." Rose said, half hissing and half commentating on what was happening, before face palming.

She looked at Jett with a tired expression on her face before saying, "Yes, yes we should." She said, before walking up the driveway.

Ray tugs their furs around them quietly, then begins walking up the long driveway, weaponry clinking as they move.
As they near the large building, their eyes glow faintly in the dim.
Show yourself...
They mumble quietly, drawing two long, wickedly sharp curved knives.

Victoria kept her guard up. As always, her plan was simple. Find bad guy, kill bad guy.

Nick was taken aback by suddenly being teleported to a huge mansion. At least now they didn't need to find the guy. He held his hand to his forehead, then drew his Imagine Sword from it. The steel blade cast a dim light through the blackness.
"You sure we shouldn't knock first?" Nick asked Sid.

[If there's anything I've learned about creepy mansions from watching movies is that knocking never helps," Ken pointed out as he stepped up in front of the others, taking out his sword an holding it forward. "We'll just knock and the door'll open by itself so let's just go right in," he stated with a smirk before charging and slashing at the door with his sword.

Sid is considering Nicks question when Ken starts chopping on the door! "Be careful with that thing. we don't want the spirit to get mad and turn this into a horror film!" Sid says as he steps back.

"Why not?" Rose said with a shrug, before charging towards the door and used her axe to help Ken chop down the mansion door as well as kicking it to see if it could swing open. "Heh well you are awfully nice for someone from a horror movie. Plus, I think that new guy Axel is a werewolf as was well."

"Try telling that to horse boy." Axel said with a shrug, remembering the almost one sided conversation on the train ride to the school. "Don't suppose you'll tell me what's wrong. I may not have any words of wisdom, but I know that it sometimes helps discussing the problem."

Just as Ken had planned, the door opened by itself; rather, it was slashed open and the group could advance into the mansion's lobby.

Once on the inside, a voice echoed on the inside. "Now, was that necessary? I don't remember cutting down your doors."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom