• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PC01: I'm Haru, the New Concierge!

Cast -

Haru - Karen Fukuhara
Watanabe - Lori Alan
Tyler - Josh Keaton
Alisa - Imani Hakim

Additional Voices -

Cherami Leigh
Max Mittelman

Staff -

Dubbed by Iyuno
Voice Director - Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
Script Adaption - Hilary Thomas
Casting Director - Rachel Slotky
Dubbing Assistant - Ryan McCabe
Recordist - Josh Caulder
Editor - Philip Nauman
Mixer - Kevin Reaves
Studio Manager - Nicholas Tucker
Project Manager - James Kim
Production Supervisor - George Valko

What is the music the theme song is based on? I am 100% sure I know that jingle from the start of the song but I can't remember what is the original music. I recall hearing it on the anime.

Wife and I threw the first episode on and ended up watching the whole thing. Which, given that it’s only four episodes and some of them run under 20 minutes, that isn’t too surprising, but we’re already craving more.

This show rules, it was much more therapeutic than I was expecting it to be and I found it very relatable as an aging millennial. The hustle culture is real and it’s a blessing to be able to find a job or career or anything that encourages you to just take it easy. They definitely captured the voice of a generation with Haru, who I found super adorable on top of everything else. Loved seeing her bond with Psyduck grow over the series as well - the main anime kind of made Psyduck a joke, so it was nice to see a different dynamic play out with that particular pocket monster.

Of course, the shining star for this series easily has to be its visual design. My gosh, what a gorgeous production. The puppets, the people, the scenery was all up there with the best of the best, and from my understanding this was mostly (or all?) traditionally claymated, which I only point out as CGI has gotten quite good at imitating stop motion.

I really hope we see more of this, either a straight-up season 2 or just other new, experimental Pokémon projects. My wife has been talking this up to just about everyone we know, and while she likes Pokemon, her interest in it is usually pretty limited (and I don’t think would have gone much further than Gen 1 nostalgia if we hadn’t met, since I’m more or less a lifer for this franchise).

Wife and I threw the first episode on and ended up watching the whole thing. Which, given that it’s only four episodes and some of them run under 20 minutes, that isn’t too surprising, but we’re already craving more.

This show rules, it was much more therapeutic than I was expecting it to be and I found it very relatable as an aging millennial. The hustle culture is real and it’s a blessing to be able to find a job or career or anything that encourages you to just take it easy. They definitely captured the voice of a generation with Haru, who I found super adorable on top of everything else. Loved seeing her bond with Psyduck grow over the series as well - the main anime kind of made Psyduck a joke, so it was nice to see a different dynamic play out with that particular pocket monster.

Of course, the shining star for this series easily has to be its visual design. My gosh, what a gorgeous production. The puppets, the people, the scenery was all up there with the best of the best, and from my understanding this was mostly (or all?) traditionally claymated, which I only point out as CGI has gotten quite good at imitating stop motion.

I really hope we see more of this, either a straight-up season 2 or just other new, experimental Pokémon projects. My wife has been talking this up to just about everyone we know, and while she likes Pokemon, her interest in it is usually pretty limited (and I don’t think would have gone much further than Gen 1 nostalgia if we hadn’t met, since I’m more or less a lifer for this franchise).
If you don't mind me asking, what parts of the Pokemon anime have you gotten the chance to show her?

Back
Top Bottom