• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

What if the reason Genesect is revealed so early is because of the Original Dragon?

That sounds plausible. Although why are they suddenly rushing through all the event Pokemon? Surely they could've planned this out better.

In any case, I'm skeptical about this "perfect" Pokedex guide they're releasing.

What's to say this wasn't the plan? Genesect ties in well with the Team Plasma plot. Now we've gotten the sequels. The sooner its plot is resolved, the better.

The question is which event Pokémon will be distributed in Movie 16. I can see Genesect getting the Victini treatment and playing second fiddle to the titular Pokémon, but which other Pokémon will be distributed? There have always been two movie promotions since 2007. In 2010, we had the legendary beasts and Celebi, which later unlocked Zoroark and Zorua in Black and White. For next year's movie, I don't see any Generation V legendary being featured aside from Genesect, as even the Sacred Beast Formes are being featured in the anime (on top of the Kami trio's previous appearance).

I think that at this point, the original dragon may have a major event in B2W2, but it won't actually be obtainable. Rather, the Puzzle Cube should be transferred to the Generation VI games. Let's face it: There is not much point in making the original dragon useable in B2W2 just a few months before the release of a new generation, which is probably why they're releasing Genesect so early. But as far as the story is concerned, the Unova legend may very well be wrapped up in B2W2, but perhaps the original dragon can't return to Unova due to there being two different versions of it.

There would still be a whole entire year for them to focus on the Original Dragon though, as a late 2013 release should give them plenty of time to focus on at least one other Pokemon. I dunno if Genesect will get a movie anymore, the quick release makes me think that they might do something else for it, like Meloetta and its special recital.

I think that M16 will just have the next Lucario/Zoroark playing fiddle to the Original Dragon. That would promote Gen 6 and still give a good chance for an even in BW2. The only thing that would make me think otherwise is how the handle its inevitable new forme, but it honestly shouldn't be that far away from an official Genesect reveal itself.

I'm assuming that the Dragon may be officially revealed in February, like Arceus or other movie Pokemon.

Last edited:
@Silktree: Huh. Well, that'd be cool. Anyway, I liked your opinion about the Puzzle Cube. I believe others (I remember @smalllady talking about it) have wondered at its significance to the plot. The Cube could also be a Menger Sponge, which has infinite surface area but zero volume, which sounds like it could be appropriate to the Tao Trio, and maybe even be the Griseous Orb-equivalent for OD. Of course, Some people just think it's a red herring - or a simple Void Cube (they were made in Japan, after all).
I think it'd be appropriate for N to have had the key to waking OD the whole time. For the sake of the story, I think it has a certain poetic nature to it. He was Team Plasma's King, but maybe he's a descendant of the Ancient King, as well, which could mean that the OD would re-fuse itself to serve him. (It'd suck, from a certain POV, because we couldn't catch it, but I think the Isshu/Unova story would have a nice ending that way.

@El_: Maybe we'll actually see N in M16 if OD is part of the plot. I'd personally love to see more of an animated N after the BW2 trailer.

There would still be a whole entire year for them to focus on the Original Dragon though, as a late 2013 release should give them plenty of time to focus on at least one other Pokemon.
But if both Genesect and the original dragon were made available before the movie, there wouldn't be anything new to distribute. But it is true that something like that was already the case last year and yet now we have two worthwhile movie promotions in the same year, so maybe they'll keep alternating between the two extremities. This does beg the question why they would choose to release the Perfect National Pokédex (two such books, in fact) in August if they planned on introducing the original dragon around the end of the year.

I think that M16 will just have the next Lucario/Zoroark playing fiddle to the Original Dragon. That would promote Gen 6 and still give a good chance for an even in BW2.
It would promote Generation VI, but arguably not well if they introduced another Lucario-like Pokémon, which would seem relatively plain compared to the original dragon. The new Pokémon shouldn't play second fiddle to the original dragon.

I'm honestly indifferent as to whether or not the original dragon will be obtainable in B2W2 as long as it tied to the story. If we see it in 2013, chances are that it will have a big event in B2W2, which won't have to culminate in an immediate capture to be interesting. Perhaps the conclusion of the event is that the original dragon has to be reborn in another region.

Last edited:
Why cant we have hints or information on the Original Dragon in BW2 that could be transfered on to Gen 6 so you could get it then? Movie 17 can focus on the Original Dragon, like Movie 9 focused on Manaphy, who was available in DP which came out months after the movie... So I think Movie 17 featuring the dragon is the perfect way to keep promotion for Gen V & VI.

Why cant we have hints or information on the Original Dragon in BW2 that could be transfered on to Gen 6 so you could get it then? Movie 17 can focus on the Original Dragon, like Movie 9 focused on Manaphy, who was available in DP which came out months after the movie... So I think Movie 17 featuring the dragon is the perfect way to keep promotion for Gen V & VI.
That's what I said, except I think that the original dragon may even be seen in B2W2 via the Puzzle Cube channeling it in some way. Also, you mean Movie 16.

As I see it, the event wouldn't be negatively affected by not being able to obtain the original dragon right away. I, for one, think that catching legendary Pokémon takes away from their allure.

Last edited:
well the original dragon somehow resembles arceus of gen 4

but i doubt it will become event because I think it should become a major part of the story

so my theory is that they will form all the Unova story into a trilogy, and this third game/set of 2 games will end the story with the OD once and forever.

for me the kyurem form is much more viable....

so my theory is that they will form all the Unova story into a trilogy, and this third game/set of 2 games will end the story with the OD once and forever.
I don't see this happening. The original dragon doesn't need its own game any more than Arceus did.

@dino97: If they decide to end Gen V with some kind of 'third version' , I personally hope they do it on a 3DS cartridge for the sake of fitting more data onto one, because I think they should somehow do a 'continual' story that traverses both BW 1&2. I think Gen V is the first Pokemon game to have a truly complicated character in N, and I think Ghetsis' true agenda shouldn't have been so blatant from early on, so if they do a 'complete' version of the story, I hope that they re-write parts of the plot and add new twists to them - Pokemon games are RPGs, after all, so they should have good stories. However, this version may come 10 years later, with an inevitable re-release like HG/SS (which bridged the original Gold/Silver with Crystal), and if I have to wait 10 years to catch the thing, I'd at least like to see a picture of it.
As @Silktree said, Arceus (nor Mew, CC Mewtwo's story) never got a game of its own, because it was (IMO) unnecessary; I don't think I would've gone through Sinnoh a fourth time just for Arceus.

I don't see this happening. The original dragon doesn't need its own game any more than Arceus did.

To an extent I agree, but just because it doesn't need one doesn't mean that it wouldn't still be cool. Regardless, if the next game that's released after B2/W2 is 'Grey', I'll be really annoyed. Like I said before, I think that it'd be really cool if they eventually made a 'Grey' version that wasn't the main game of that Generation, in Generation Seven or Eight maybe. It'd be set in Unova again, maybe even quite a while after B2/W2, and some evil team or other would have made a machine that harnessed energy from N's Cube (if that really is the epicenter for the split universe theory) to merge the two universes at a single point only, Kyurem, and it would regenerate into the Original Dragon.

Of course, it may end up not even being as complicated as that; Pokemon's main target is more a younger audience, so it could very well end up that Zekrom and Reshiram simply exist identically and there is no two seperate universes, and bringing the three together under the right circumstances with some kind of added power would bring back the OD.

Either way, I think it'd be cool, but again, I don't think it should happen soon.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but apparently the flier advertising the "Perfect Pokedex" has been revised, and does not mention Genesect. Actually, it mentioned "the illusory Pokemon Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect," and now it only mentions "the illusory Pokemon." One thing this article doesn't point out is that "No.001~649" has also been removed from the flier.

So, in my opinion, there's still a chance for the original dragon to appear in these games.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but apparently the flier advertising the "Perfect Pokedex" has been revised, and does not mention Genesect. Actually, it mentioned "the illusory Pokemon Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect," and now it only mentions "the illusory Pokemon." One thing this article doesn't point out is that "No.001~649" has also been removed from the flier.

So, in my opinion, there's still a chance for the original dragon to appear in these games.
As far as I'm concerned, this is only indicative of the fact that the original flyer spilled the beans. I'd say that all this says is that Genesect is in these guidebooks, but that they weren't supposed to reveal this yet.

Yeah, they've been having a few slip ups lately in regards to leaks like that. Most likely, they want Genesect to be a "surprise" which is why they revised it.

We'll know in a few days time whether the Original Dragon is in BW2 or not anyways, and at most we'll know for sure at the end of this very week.

I don't see what the point of revising it would be if they were just worried about revealing too much. Either way, a lot of people already know about Genesect, so it's not that big of a surprise. And why bother removing the numbers when those were fairly obvious, as well?

I don't see what the point of revising it would be if they were just worried about revealing too much. Either way, a lot of people already know about Genesect, so it's not that big of a surprise. And why bother removing the numbers when those were fairly obvious, as well?

You have to remember, that we aren't really suppose to know about these event Pokemon, which is why they hide them for "big reveals." Maybe GF wasn't counting on people knowing about that kind of stuff through the internet. The people who don't know about Genesect won't know that there are 649 Pokemon, which is probably why they removed it.

This is the main thing that makes me worried that the OD won't be in BW2. There is still a chance regardless though, but if the Pokedex really is "Perfect" then it makes me suspect it may either be another Kyurem forme (complete like this thread suggest) or a Gen 6 Pokemon.

However, if the Original Dragon is saved for Gen 6, as opposed to being resolved in Unova like it should IMO, I have to wonder if the region of Generation 6 is also tied to Unova in some way.

The same reason Shokotan had to take down her blog post about Zekrom being an electric type. It was going to be revealed soon, but they didn't want it revealed yet. Also, you're talking from the perspective of a Pokemon fan that regularly posts on Pokemon forums and keeps up with current events. I know many people who play Pokemon, have an internet access, but wouldn't know about this because they don't go looking for it.

These are the kind of people that game guides are still targeted towards in the first place.

I disagree. The flier accidentally revealed embargoed information, and they're scrambling to cover their tracks. They didn't accidentally leave out a place in the Dex, they revealed more than they should.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom