• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups PMD: The Reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestarjar

lost in the sauce
Reaction score
Sign-ups are still open to those of you looking to join.
@Lavy; @Miss Mew; @JustAnotherLeafeon; @GlaceonLover94;

JustAnotherLeafeon and GlaceonLover94 are my co-GMs in this role-play.
The Discussion Thread is here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f429/pmd-reverse-discussion-thread-153648/

And, let's begin!

The Scorpion Queen sat up and stretched. Her eyes weren't fully adjusted to the light, so she squinted and could only see the unmistakable light blue of Jenny and the darker, floating shape of Corey. She knew she was in an alleyway, but this wasn't where she had fallen asleep. Besides, she never left Jenny to sleep outside, especially on a cold night like this. Corey would have been awake anyway, though… “I had the weirdest dream last night,” she muttered, blinking. “You two were in it, and I was… a pokémon,” she frowned. What a weird dream.
She noticed a moment later that both of her pokémon were staring at her in shock. “Huh? What’s wrong?” She had a sudden moment of panic that she might still be a pokémon, but it was instantly crushed. The Scorpion Queen had never been a pokémon in the first place. That had just been a dream. Jenny and Corey were telling her something, though, so she listened and tried to understand like always. She found it easier than usual, which was odd. “You had the same dream as me?” She watched in horror as they listed imitations of almost every pokémon that had been their in her… ‘dream’?
Before she could say anything else, muffled voices shouted through her headset, unheard by anyone else.
The Scorpion Queen clicked on the microphone. “What’s wrong with you guys? I’m always offline overnight...
“Is this Jim? Uh, I fell asleep last night and woke up this morning,” she said, her voice hardly getting past the catch that had appeared in her throat.
“I was… in a parallel universe,” she said at last after a few minutes. “Talk to you later, okay? I’m busy right now.” The Scorpion Queen shut off the headset before she could hear anything else from the thing. She trembled as she looked out along the alleyway. It had several people in it, all of whom were sleeping. These people... She didn't know their faces, yet she knew who they were. They were the pokemon from her dream, but now they were in her world, in the situation she had been in, but this was the Reverse.
She crossed her legs, took a deep breath, and waited for them to wake up...

Last edited:
Autumn woke up as she tried firing a shadow ball towards the sky. "Take that you little, umm." Autumn stopped in her tracks to observe her surroundings. The first thing she noticed was that her shadow ball didn't fire. "What the." Autumn says to herself. She tires firing again only to feel something strange on her lips. She tired touching her mouth as she saw two strange hands coming towards her. "Aww." Autumn screamed in terror. She tired backing away put the hands kept following her. She soon realized that the hands were her own. She looked down at herself to see that she was something completely different. "What in Arceus is this?" Autumn says loudly to herself. She starts to panic as she sees other things like herself sleeping along each other. Autumn soon felt that all her skills were no longer with her. Her shadow ball, her tackle attacks, her attract attacks, nothing worked anymore.

She turned her head to see another girl already standing up. "Aww." Autumn screamed. "Who, what are you?" Autumn asked in terror. "Where I'm I. What's happen to me?" Autumn says excepting an answer.

The Scorpion Queen watched the girl freak out. She had undoubtedly been a pokemon from the way she acted towards her own hands, and she knew she recognized the voice, even if the last time she'd heard it, it had been in a different language, in a different place. She smiled slightly, amused at her actions despite the situation.
"Autumn?" she said finally after being yelled at for answers. "Is that you, the Eevee from the guild? I'm the Scorpion Queen, and we're both human now. It seems we're in my world now."

Autumn's eyes widen as the girl knew her name. She said she was the Scorpion Queen. She knew she heard that name before but could not make out where from. Finally she remembered. "The Scorpion Queen. Weren't you part of a group of mine where I was suppose to lead you in acquiring the plates of Arceus? Forget that right now, did you say we are humans? No. That can't be possible. They don't exist. Are you telling me that everything you and some of your friends said to me are true?" Autumn asks still shaken up from the sudden change.

"No, a bunch of complete strangers all told the same lie, and now you're hallucinating," she replied sarcastically. "Of course it's true. And we exist. Just look at yourself, and at me. We're human, not pokemon anymore." She gestured to Corey and Jenny. "These are pokemon. They look smaller to you now because you've grown, right?"

Autumn didn't appreciate the Scorpion's Queen's rather sarcastic act. She was scared and confused behold relief. Autumn tries to walk on her now two legged feet and finds herself walking very easily, as if she had years of practice. She makes her way towards the Scorpion's Queen and circles her, observing her.

"Well, interesting development your kind is. Very unusual shape for my taste." Autumn says.

She looks at the two pokemon the Scorpion Queen gestured to. She knew what those pokemon were very well and they were indeed very small compared to her.

"Fine, I have no choice but to believe your word. There is no evidence that points out that humans are rumored creatures anymore." Autumn says giving in.

Autumn looks more carefully at herself as well as the Scorpion Queen. She touches the Scorpion Queen's shirt.

"What is this? Is this part of our skin? Is feels so unattached but yet it is attached." Autumn says in wonder.

"No, no," the Scorpion Queen replied. "Um, how do I say this, it's clothes, that's a shirt. It's like scarves and accessories to you, but different kinds. Humans don't have fur or feathers or scales except the hair on our heads-most of the time- and so we have to wear them like fur to keep warm on cold days and help prevent sunburn on hot days. And other than that we wear it anyway because it's considered indecent if certain areas of the body aren't covered. It's mostly just a human thing; pokemon, like I said, have fur or whatever to do all that for them." She then took off her coat and held it out away from her body. "See? It's completely unattached, like I said, same way scarves and ribbons work for you, just all over the body."

Autumn looks at the coat curiously. She takes the coat from the Scorpion Queen.

"It's offensive to not wear what you call clothes? Why is that? Is it some cultural thing about your race? Autumn asks has she tries to take off her shirt to see what the big deal is.

Sasha awoke and yawned. She stretched her paws out in front of her and - wait! Those weren't paws, they were hands! And she had legs! She was a human again, and that was all just. . .a dream? Sasha sat up and looked around, trying to figure out where she was and what she should do. There were a couple other people laying in this alley over there, and on her other side was a girl taking off her shirt.

"Whoa! Where am I? Who are you?!"

The Scorpion Queen took the coat and put it back on before realizing what Autumn was doing, and she grabbed the edge of the shirt to hold it down. "Don't do that, you're a girl, girls don't take of their shirt usually unless there's at least something under it," she explained. "Only boys do that. Just... think of it as interchangeable fur, you've got it on at all times unless you're changing to a new one, okay?"
Glancing over to the side, she saw another girl wake up confused. "Are you that Skitty we saw going down the mountain? I'm the Scorpion Queen and this is Autumn."

Rose opened her eyes slowly, and for a moment she was trying to get her bearings until- a horrible agony struck her. It wasn’t physical; it was like when she had a destructive adrenaline outburst from her curse, but it was much worse, so bad that she couldn’t even move because her mind was so occupied with the horrid feelings. Her heart actually stopped for a few seconds and her breathing came shallowly, hardly entering her lungs at all.
A moment later, it had passed. She had survived, but her head still hurt. Something was wrong. She was feeling pain, and she was terrified, but she had control over her actions. This almost scared her more than not, because at least she didn’t have to make the choices- but now, she did have choices, and she was scared, because she hadn’t dealt with her own negativity for at least the last half of her life. Rose trembled. She began to realize that her body was bigger and a different shape and that she didn’t know where she was. With no anger reserve to lose control, Rose began to cry.

Willow drew in a deep breath. She could immediately tell that her nostrils were bigger than usual from the amount of air she took in and just the feeling. How strange. She opened her eyes. Wait… wasn’t this an alleyway? Last she checked, they had been in Starlit Valley, and… “Oh,” she whispered, her voice barely audible.
Willow remembered the huge wormhole, then darkness, then… this. What was going on? She felt strange. Different, but how? She looked down at her hands and nearly yelled with surprise, but held it in and made do with a quiet gasp. They weren’t green, and they had fingers, and… She touched her face. It was flat, except for this thing that pointed out and that was where she felt air coming through- must be a nose. Okay. Everything would be okay as soon as she figured out what she was. A Sawk? No. She was wearing clothes, but they weren’t like a Sawk’s… they were a reassuringly familiar green color, though. So, not a Sawk. What was she, then? An image, a memory, flashed in her mind. The Scorpion Queen using Zorua’s Illusion ability to show what a human really looked like. Human? What? She looked down at her body for a moment. This was sort of what she had looked like, but the Scorpion Queen had paler skin and a different color of… clothes. Humans must be one of those sorts of pokémon who had many different colors, like a Spinda had different patterns, or like shiny pokémon had different color than the rest.
Willow looked around. She realized she was surrounded by other humans, and some of them were awake… One of them, she recognized from the same image that she had remembered a moment before. “Scorpion Queen?” She said quietly. “And is that Autumn?”

Autumn stopped what she was doing and processed what the Scorpion Queen was telling her. Her face became very red.

"Ooo dear. Wow. I had no idea. I understand why your race has clothes now. That would have been bad." Autumn says as she starts to laugh.
"Sorry about that." Autumn says again.

Autumn looks towards another person who called out her name. She had no idea who she was but she must of known her from her world.

"Ya I'm Autumn. Who are you? Autumn asks.

"Oh! I think I was that Skitty. That was real? It wasn't a dream?" She really didn't expect any of this to be real. But here she was, and here they were, and - those other girls were waking up! One of them seemed maybe hurt and really upset.
Sasha stumbled over to the other girl and nervously patted the top of her head. "Hey, are you okay? Are you hurt?" She looked up at Autumn and the other girl who seemed to know what was going on. "Do you know her? Help?"

Autumn got distracted by another girl who was crying. She quickly figured out that that must have been Rose. She remembered how Rose had, well, complications.

"Rose, is that you? Are you alright." Autumn says in concern.

Autumn walks over to her to cure her but forgot that she is no longer a pokemon.

"Ooo shoot. Umm. Scorpion Queen, does your race have any special ability's that can help Rose? Autumn asks hoping that the girl who was crying was indeed Rose.

"I'm Willow," replied Willow, and she directed her attention to Rose as well. "That must be Rose, yes..."

"Uh, no, except for having pokemon with us. Inside of tiny little balls that they shrink into. And I haven't got any pokemon with me that can cure anything. Besides, what could cure... her situation?" The Scorpion Queen replied to Autumn. "Also, how's she crying? Usually she's stuck in happy mode..."
"Be glad it's not the angry one," Willow sighed.

Rose looked up at them. She had full control of herself. There was nothing forcing her to be happy, or sad, or angry. So she was sad, not because she was forced, but because she really was upset. This was real, not a reserve of all negativity. This was now. "Huh? Y-you all... We're all... these things... I don't know what's going on... but I... I can... This stress is now, for real, it's not some backed-up reserve, it's not... not fake... It's all now. It... It's gone, all of it... It's all gone, the curse is gone, this is me!" she breathed shakily. "Pitiful, isn't it? But this is me, speaking freely. Darkrai has no influence over me, in this body, in this world. I am... free... and it's not as great as I thought it would be, to be honest," she seemed to be calming down, the tears slowing. "You... you're all... human, aren't you, isn't that what this was all about, humans becoming pokemon, but now we're human, too... You guys... You're the Eevee... Autumn? And the Scorpion Queen, too? Willow? And... I don't know you," she added, turning to Sasha.

Autumn was relived that it was Rose who she was speaking too. She was more relived that she was ok.

"I'm glad your starting to feel better Rose." Autumn says with a smile.

Autumn thought about what Rose said about Darkrai. She entirely forgot about her mission.

"Darkrai that's right. We are suppose to stop him. How can we now? He is not from this world, unless if he came here as well. What's my purpose if I can't even attempt my mission?" Autumn says to everyone but mostly speaking to herself.

"I can tell the everyone here is somewhat affected my the wormholes. Scorpion Queen, Willow, Rose, we need to wake everyone up. We need to stop Darkrai. I can't linger here wondering about myself. Sorry for the sudden rush but Scorpion Queen, please tell me everything about your world. I need to adapt to this world as quick as possible so that I can continue on my mission as soon as possible. I almost already screwed up when I first woke up. I need to learn. Teach me please." Autumn says in great concern focusing her attention on the Scorpion Queen.

Dylan woke up with a muffled scream and quickly sat up Wh... what happened? The last thing I remember was being sucked into some sort of weird portal... He sighed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes... wait. These aren't his eyes. Or his face. Or his hands. He looked around. There were a bunch of others like him. Weird, pale skin, strange hair, standing up straight like a Hitmonchan.Wait. He'd seen these before. The Scorpion Queen turned into one of them around when he first met her.
The truth hit him like a ton of bricks. Are these... humans? Then...
He looked at his hands again. "I'm... I'm a human..."
In a state of shock, he didn't know what else to do with himself other than to curl up into a ball and stare into space.

Zoie's eyes snapped open, and almost immediately she hopped up and prepared to attack. "Hey, back o--"
Something was off. Way off.
Firstly, she was in an alley. She didn't remember being in an alley. And the mountian they were at was quite far from any alley.
Secondly, there were these things that she had never seen before. And they looked quite odd. Somehow familiar, but odd.
Thirdly, she wasn't herself. No, she was different. She was taller, had hands like the other things, wore some sort of cloth like a Sawk... Was she one of them?
She decided to ask the locals."Hey, anyone mind telling be what in the name of Arceus is going on here?"

"Um..." the Scorpion Queen thought about Autumn's question. "Well... like I said, keep your clothes on, don't take them off in front of other people. A lot of the stuff here works the same way it does in your world, except most humans cannot understand pokemon, and we don't often fight for ourselves. Instead, we have things called 'pokemon battles', and in those, we have pokemon fight for us. And though a lot of people are kind to their pokemon, there are also mean and abusive people- I'm sure you've seen similar in some cases in your world. There are also these," she held up her two pokeballs, "So don't get freaked out if someone does this- return." she returned both Jenny and Corey to their pokeballs. "It only works on pokemon, which you aren't anymore, but people use them to keep their pokemon with them even when there's no space for them." She was about to continue when she heard yet another voice asking what was going on.
The Scorpion Queen twisted around. "Hey," she said. "Well, let's see, first off, I'll bet you're that Ampharos. Zoie. To answer your question, you just got sucked through a wormhole and are now in my world- a world of humans. You're human, I'm human, and these are all humans. Also, I'm the Scorpion Queen."

"Are you okay?" Rose asked, looking at Dylan. He didn't seem okay. She felt a sudden rush of pride. This was concern. She wasn't feeling happy. She was concerned. Take that, you creepy alternate ego forcing me to be happy, she thought. There was nothing in her head to receive it. Ha! And she pointed her attention back at Dylan.

Expo and Lily lie on the floor side by side. "Ugh...Huh?" Expolooked around and groaned. There were humans all around him... Was this all a dream? Suddenly, he looked around and realized who's voice was who's. This wasn't a dream, it actually happened. And he had landed with everyone else... He sighed in relief. But his college courses.... He was going to flunk again. Suddenly, Expo realized he had not yet heard Lily's voice. He suddenly looked to his side to see a girl with brown hair seemingly knocked out. "Wake up. Comeon, wake up. Please. Lily? Comeon, wake up." Lily shook her head once or twice to wake seeing a young man looking down at her. He had quite explosive hair, and he wore a blue jacket. She heard his voice, and looked at herself. She wasn't a Pokémon... It was a relief, but it was unbelievable that it could be a dream... Suddenly, she looked around, hearing the voices of everyone... Autumn, The Scorpion Queen, Zoie, Dylan... And even Rose, who seemed... Different. She realized that the man standing above her was Expo, and she took his hand as he pulled her up.

"So, we're...back. I have about a million questions, but my first one is... What do we do NOW?"

"If you're up for it, I think we're continuing the quest to find Arceus' plates. Maybe some of them got into this world. There are pokemon here, after all," Willow replied hopefully.

Max watched from a dark corner, not moving. He wanted to wait until everyone was calm to appear, because he knew he was at fault for this.

Autumn took the fact that the Scorpion Queen pulled pokemon into a ball pretty well. She was not freaked out by this action. She only was curious. She then ignored her for a second and turned to the pokemon who spoke sense about Autumn does for a living.

"Did you say that some of the plates may be in this world. Well duhh I'm up for that." She says to Willow.

She looked back at the Scorpion Queen.

"Thanks for the heads up. I just needed to know the basics." Autumn says with a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom