• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes" - coming this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i am posting too much lately...

But anyways, does anybody know what dento means?

Anyone have a link to confirm Ash will be there?

Well, here's the actual leaked artwork. You can see Ash in Black's outfit.

black-white-character-sheet.jpg

Edit: You know, we did see Koromori in the trailer today. It could end up with Iris, not Jessie like I initially suspected.

Well, here's the actual leaked artwork. You can see Ash in Black's outfit.

black-white-character-sheet.jpg

Edit: You know, we did see Koromori in the trailer today. It could end up with Iris, not Jessie like I initially suspected.

^ I was also guessing that Koromori could belong to Dento. Maybe Koromori's heart techniques or whatever helps Dento with his diagnosis of a trainers' compatibility?

EDIT: Could the old guy be Ash's Paul like rival? I mean...Dento's not Ash's rival and the old guy wasn't in the previews so could he...? Um...nah, I hope not lol. He's got to be Iris' father...right? XP

The trailer on Pokemon Sunday had got me stoked because we get to see the new Pokemon getting to attack, and once again, Mijumaru is a happy sport (he needs more of those). One thing I find amazing is Kibago jumping inside Iris' hair and her being a "Jungle girl" (swinging on vines). Of course, Professor Araragi is beautiful.

Is anyone else thinking they don't get Pokabu? A rival gets it? Or possibly, Dento gets it.

EDIT: Could the old guy be Ash's Paul like rival? I mean...Dento's not Ash's rival and the old guy wasn't in the previews so could he...? Um...nah, I hope not lol. He's got to be Iris' father...right? XP

um look againg dose he even related to Iris? (this isn't racesit comment and if it offend i am sorry)

um look againg dose he even related to Iris? (this isn't racesit comment and if it offend i am sorry)

Well Ash's mom doesn't exactly look like him either. And besides, there was already speculation of him being Iris' father so it's not like I came up with an idea like that out of nowhere.

if anything I think he be either......

Iris father (long shot)
Prof aid
some random person (he does have a CotD look)

but that imo

I'm a bit late but, they look better than I expected, we can already say Iris will be awesome I loved how Kibago jumped into her hair and Dento seems to be a badass guy. Secondly, I liked the how they were suprised because Ash is absent and rest, seriously Pokemon Sunday crew is not good acting.

Yes! So all the rumurs that Piplup brought - are fake.
The guy's name is Dento. and not what was in the rumors!

I like how Iris uses her hair for Kibago's Pokemon. I think she also owns the Koromori, Ofcourse we initially thought it was Jessie's, It looks like a Koffing/Zubat Mix.

To do something imposingly or in a refined manner.

It does? That just makes Dento even cooler!
So, yeah, I'm also getting that urban guy/nature girl vibe. Should be interesting, and it has the potential to make a great group dynamic.

Watching the preview again well I mean the Pokemon Sunday crew, they mentioned Satoshi and Pikachu (likely because they were missing) from the poster, Shokotan bless her heart looked so upset. Seriously her expression was like "No Ash, No Pikachu" she just looked so sad. Poor Shokotan. Although it may have been toward Pikachu more since its an electric type, and apparently that's her favourite typing (or was it really Proof that liked electric types, first it was Shokotan herself that said she wanted to capture a Zekrom because it was an electric type, but Bulbapedia has it as Proof who loved electric types).

Last edited:
Yes! So all the rumurs that Piplup brought - are fake.
The guy's name is Dento. and not what was in the rumors!

Well, before we found out he's called Dento, someone here said PS said his name is Reimu, so I thought the rumours are right...
Sorry for that... but all the recent romours were REALLY confused, it was really impossible to decide what to believe and what not...
I'm happy we finally got Iris and Dento officially revealed, so all the fakes can finally stop...

Although I might be wrong, I think Iris is voiced by "Noriko Shitaya" since it almost sounds like a higher pitched "Suzuna" as in Candice the gym leader. It just occurred to me how familiar it sounded, and I just recently watched the original episode of Satoshi vs Suzuna, and one thing that made it sound so familiar was when Suzuna called out "Yukikaburi" if it was higher pitched it would sound exactly like Iris of what we can hear.

But of course the clips were small, and there was a voice over, so I might actually be wrong, but it did sound like "Suzuna" to me at least. Dento I have no idea, perhaps a new VA or one that's rarely on but his voice doesn't sound familiar.

Edit: If this is too much opinion and not facts of VA, I apologize.

I hope it's "da zo." That'd make her the most aggressive main character in the anime as far as speech patterns go.

..I don't know much Japanese but what would that translate to?

Anyway, so I suppose gyms are in BW. I expected something similar but not under the name.

When did they reveal the rivals for RS? I know with DP they revealed Paul from the get-go..Or did they?

I remember hearing of a Dawn only poster before the Dawn-Paul-Ash one.

..I don't know much Japanese but what would that translate to?

"Da" is a casual form of "desu", which just means "is". "Zo" is a sentence-ending particle usually restricted to male speech, which indicates a degree of forcefulness. So "da zo" is typical of rough male speech, making any girl that used it sound like (for want of a better word) a tomboy. As an example, Zorua in the new movie uses "da zo" an awful lot.

Edit: See here for an explanation of the female-using-male-speech thing. Apparently the Pokemon series has had at least one such character: Anabel.

Ash had no rivals during AG, just for the league. (Or at least the one rival he would meet before the league ended up just being at the league) As far as I know, we did not know of Drew until May got involved in Contests. That was well into AG, so there's no way we were shown that early. Paul was revealed in the second poster for DP. Perhaps they want to keep the new rival a secret for now. I'm still uncertain what the old man in the leak is for, but I wager we will not get any more answers until DP is about to end.

Still not liking Iris' design. Her outfit is weird. Her hair is just... my god... I guess the artists ran out of ideas to come up with a new backpack. She reminds me of the wolf girl from Princess Mononoke.

Except for that lime green hair, Dento actually looks alright.

Wonder how the roles will turn out.. Is it confirmed that Dento will be traveling with the gang? If he is and he takes on the Brock role, who's going to do the side quest? (musicals or contests or whatever..) Iris doesn't look she's someone that's going to do them as she looks like she's going to do her own special thing. Dento looks like he's more suited for musicals or what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom