• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pocket Monsters: The Origin anime special to air Oct. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to it. It looks much better than Ash's story.

I have pretty much no interest in the anime since I stopped watching it years ago during the Johto season but the screenshots and the trailer of this has got me interested. Looks pretty promising. I won't mind if they don't dub it. I've never had a problem with watching stuff in Japanese with subs.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they made it convenient to find legally online. Pokemon is almost impossible to watch nowadays it seems. So unless it's added to Hulu or another site like that, I would like a dubbed version.

The English version is incredibly easy to watch legally online - in fact, probably the easiest that I know of. They have (almost) all of the episodes on Pokemon.com, and just rotate which ones are available.

I have pretty much no interest in the anime since I stopped watching it years ago during the Johto season but the screenshots and the trailer of this has got me interested. Looks pretty promising. I won't mind if they don't dub it. I've never had a problem with watching stuff in Japanese with subs.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they made it convenient to find legally online. Pokemon is almost impossible to watch nowadays it seems. So unless it's added to Hulu or another site like that, I would like a dubbed version.

The English version is incredibly easy to watch legally online - in fact, probably the easiest that I know of. They have (almost) all of the episodes on Pokemon.com, and just rotate which ones are available.
He's talking about the Japanese version though. Which is also easy to find online in the right places, but I'm not going to get into that.

I hear the Japanese Orignal Series is available legally on Japanese Hulu though. Not that that's a feasible option for him, anyway.

I for one am excited about this. The first generation is of course the best. I hope they don't ruin it with this X and Y crud.

It may only be a special but who knows? If it gets popular enough, they may consider make a side series independent from the regular anime.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the Pokémon shown so far resembles their original artwork instead of their modern look?

I have noticed that the artwork resembles that of Ken Sugimori from FireRed and LeafGreen.

All right! I'm glad they are giving Ash a rest this time, and showing Red's Journey.
Can't wait to see this special :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom