• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Poetry!

Trouble

Writer
Reaction score
If anyone is interested...

I thought, perhaps we could have a sub-forum for poetry, if there are enough people interested...
If not, I'd still like to offer this:
I think I'm a capable poet with an interesting perspective, and some good material on Pokemon (that's right, Poketry! :-D ) <--- obnoxious smiley is obnoxious...

Anyway, If enough people are interested in seeing it, let me know and I'll start a thread which I will regularly update with "Poketry" or Poke-poems, or what have you. My hope is that others will start threads of their own with their own Pokemon poems, and perhaps there will be enough poetry to get a whole sub-forum for it. Anyone?

I have actually seen a fair amount of poetry on here, most of it good. Not enough to justify a sub-forum, though. And if you think about it, if poetry gets a sub-forum then authors of other genres will want their own sub-forums too.

You should post your "Pokétry" anyway; if it's good you should pick up a couple readers pretty quickly.

Huh, perhaps so. I will post it anyway, most likely sometime late tonight, I just wanted to see if there were also people willing to post their own in their own thread. Like, not just one thread with one poem, but a thread titled "X's Poetry Thread" with all of that user's poetry that they care to put in it (one poem at a time, of course).

And if you think about it, if poetry gets a sub-forum then authors of other genres will want their own sub-forums too.

Not so. Or at least, if they did it would be unfounded. Poetry's not so much a genre so much as a separate form of literature. If there was a Poetry forum made and it came down to splitting hairs, the only faction who could successfully argue for their own subforum would be those who write short stories/oneshots - and that would be kind of pointless because they blend in pretty well with the regular fics. Poetry has a harder time sticking out, and I think that's the root of the OP's point. Poetry could quite easily have its own subforum, and it wouldn't be encouraging splits between different genres at all, because you can't compare shipping/adventure/darkfic to poetry/longform etc.

I frequent another forum with a special subforum for poetry, and I have to say it's quite effective. It's not hugely active - but the fanfic section in general there hasn't really been that active for some time - but it does perform the important task of keeping the two separate. That way, poetry doesn't a) interfere with the posting of 'normal' fanfiction, or b) get lost in the mire of 'normal' fanfiction without being read.

Considering we already have four subforums already, I'd be reluctant to create new ones where possible and I don't think is necessary.

However, we do have some poetry in the Workshop, a few users do have poetry threads of their own. I think it'd be great if you posted a poetry thread =D

Well, it's absolutely fine then if there's no subforum for it. That wasn't the main point of my original post. I really did want to see people's interest in poetry on these here boards.

I'll be a bit late getting a thread out, but it will come.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom