• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokédex in the Movies?

Blob

Reaction score
Which Pokémon were looked up in the Pokédex during the Movies?

I have looked on Bulbpedia and TV.com, but neather have a list on which Pokemon were looked up in the Dex there.

Edit: Can you also tell me wheich movies they were looked up in? I also want Mewtwo Returns Special.

The Pokédex is never used in the movies... Unless you count the Pokédex being the narrator of the first Pikachu short in the dub.

Wasn't it used in the first Movie to check up Mew and Mewtwo?

I'm changing the thread title because the old one sucked.

To answer the thread title...no, the Pokemon Zukan has never been used in the movies.

I can see why if they were in terrible danger (which they were at most times), but not using it with the more peaceful Pokemon (Jirachi, Celebi, ect.) is more than a little silly.

Well, the movies generally tend to shy away from a lot of the things that tie it to the video games. I mean, when was the last time anyone mentioned type differences in the movies? Or whipped out a Potion? Or mentioned any location from the games? Or dealt with an evolution (other than Gonbe...)? Or...

Though I do think the reason they don't include all that stuff is to prevent the parents who are being dragged along to these movies from being too confused.

When you think about it, it's not that odd that it isn't ever used. In the show, the Pokedex is used to give a small bite of information on the Pokemon so that if a viewer doesn't know what it is, they can glean some small information - generally enough to explain what its purpose in the episode is.

In the movies, all the Pokemon that star in it have an hour to be introduced, have a lengthy exposition discussion about them and then do their stuff. There's no need for a quick bite of exposition when the entire movie centres around it.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom