• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémaniacs Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda glad you brought that up because I had only anticipated how complicated it would be for the artists and not the writers. I have been both in my time as a fan, although I cannot tell which one I lean more to. Somebody I know thinks that it will destroy the artistic license we used to portray differences in male/female before in favor of their own interpretation. I don't think that was their intention, though. It's just something extra we will have to consider, and being the detail Nazi that I am, I will most likely observe them. I suppose others will just remain adamant and stick to their own designs in defiance of the pokemon design team.

I figure it is going to effect everyone alot in terms of rewriting. I just saw that they are redoing Butterfree so that there is a mark on the females lower wing.

Chances are they will be doing those sort of little things to all the older pokemon types...

I don't think I've ever written a fanfic where I specified the Pokémon's gender. Then again, on my last visit to Fanfiction.net, the sheer volume of Mary Sues and self-insert fics in the One Piece section scared me off.

I'm with Sceptile on the subject of rewriting. I will, of course, edit my work as it's posted (or preferably before it's posted) but I won't go back and do a massive rewrite of an entire fic or a few chapters of a fic. Any older fics adhered to what was then canon; any new fics I write will adhere to whatever is currently canon (i.e., the genders of certain Pokémon types).

Wow, no new posts since I was last here o_O?
Um, to bring this club back to life how about this topic:
As older pokemon fans we often have the money to import games before they come to the US and other parts of the world..Do you like to get the Japanese game or just wait?
In the past I have always gotten one color of the japanese verison but everytime I do I quit not far into the game becuase I don't know japanese :p
Now I think I will just wait for the games to come out, I don't want to spoil anything...

I am also awaiting the US release. I don't care about the Japanese or anything like that. I can wait, which is something few people in these forums seem capable of. I will end up for this gen the same way I am for the last gen. Just from being here to see all the info come in, I will know most of the Japanese names of the pokemon, but I didn't bother with all of them since I didn't find it necessary. It could be clear until January or even more than that for info of the English version to come in.

Well, I've been tempted to import the games, but honestly I can't read Japanese for the life of me so I'll be patient and wait for the English release.

In the meantime, I'll have fun with Mysterious Dungeon and Pokemon Ranger.

Well, I've been tempted to import the games, but honestly I can't read Japanese for the life of me so I'll be patient and wait for the English release.

In the meantime, I'll have fun with Mysterious Dungeon and Pokemon Ranger.
That's how I feel too, I mean we have two pokemon games out and everyone seems to be like 'OMG, D/P' already . Sheesh, I like to make games last:party: ..It's not every year we get so many at once...

I want to get Mysterious Dungeon for myself <s>and possibly let my kids play it, if they ask nicely.</s> But, like Kasumi, I prefer to wait for the English-language version.

I think it's an online game playing resource.

*Rapels down from the ceiling to get a better look at Barb's avatar*

Barb! You're a One Piece fan? =o

Hey! Long time, no see! Yeah, I love One Piece. I found a box set of the first 120 episodes subbed.

Seems you'll be busy for a good time then, Barb. :p

Now that this was somewhat revived (thanks Mike), I thought of a topic.

What version of Diamond and Pearl are you guys going to get when it is released in America? Personally, I'm gonna get Diamond for me and Pearl for my brother.

Sounds like fun, Barb, (Hi, Alex) I'm not that lucky, I had to cheat and watch on Youtube ^_^;;

And now, I must fly! Gum Gum...SLINGSHOT

:197: Oi, you don't have that ability

Oh yeah, I have this one *Teleports out in a cloud of dark smoke*

:197: I still think that's an even cooler method of transportation

I want to get Diamond as well.

That will be most likely Pearl, Blacky. It happened in Japan, it's probably going to happen IN AMERICA [/Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged]. Seems like most people prefer Dialga over Palkia (I'm one of them), plus I want to get Zugaidos as well.

I can't get either, but if I could, I'd get Diamond, as that's the version that Skunpoo and Skutank come in

*Gets stares* What? Is it really that big a surprise?

IIRC we're allowed to bump threads as long as we're continuing discussions and if the thread is important or something. So I think I should be okay in reviving this.

I bought the Pearl version because I thought Glameow was cool and was told it appeared in Pearl and not Diamond. Ironically, I never caught one. XD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom