• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pokemon 5th generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I remember, back in Generation I, Posion was super effective against Bug, wasn't it? They should bring it back, but make stronger Bug Pokémon, I mean with good stats and good movesets.

I found it a shame that they didn't add Bug Bite to Scizor's Gen. IV repertoire. Otherwise...

Scizor: Bug Bite (60 Atk) x Technician (1.5) x STAB (1.5) = 135 Net Base Atk :ksmile:
OR
Scizor: Bug Bite's (60 Atk) effect (2) x STAB (1.5) = 180 Net Base Atk :sweatlol:

Oh, also, since every odd generation, there have been a brand-new joke fish Pokemon and a butterfly-based Pokemon introduced.

Hints:

Odd Generation -- Joke fish -- butterfly-based

I -- Magikarp -- Butterfree
III -- Feebas -- Beautifly

I hope these respective patterns would continue in Gen. V.

As for the possibility of there even being a fifth generation, which I think there will be, there are two current events which could confirm it. If either the torkoal evolution rumor turns out to be real (seems fake at this point in time) or the Movie 12 pokémon to be revealed (reported here) unexpectedly turns out not to be Arceus

Yeah, I think there will be a fifth Gen, although the "new" pokemon in movie 12, might very well be arceus, since technically it is "new" as it has not been officially revealed yet, in anime or at an event.

@Tim: your sizor with bug bit thing would be awsome if it had it.

What we need is maybe a better normal type move thats not a hyper beam equivilent. Maybe something involving talons, or a variation on headbutt or slam, ram attack? Rams the foe with horns hard.

A good plot after E4 would be great. In Gen I and FR/LG, we had sevii and tanoby ruins etc... but there was no real story behind as they where only there to catch Johto pokemon. If that area had have had a great story on them, besides the Ruby/Sapphire, it would have made the game more interesting.

So enslaving the Lake trio to create the Red Chain to pull Pokemon deities out of their respective dimensions all in an attempt to destroy the universe and reform it in your own image isn't evil enough?

Technically though...the last part of that was only Cyrus. The rest of the Galactics didn't seem to be aware of his true plot.

So enslaving the Lake trio to create the Red Chain to pull Pokemon deities out of their respective dimensions all in an attempt to destroy the universe and reform it in your own image isn't evil enough?

When you read it it is.

But, it just didn't come out quite well in the game.

Technically though...the last part of that was only Cyrus. The rest of the Galactics didn't seem to be aware of his true plot.

In the anime, it certainly looks like Saturn knows about the Dialga Palkia plot as to his cluelessness in the games?
Does this mean Dialga and Palkia will have anime appearances aswell?, Dialga's possible 4th even.

Anyways: 5th gen....More eeveelutions :D, Lapras pre evo, Torkoal evo and a leader for Azelf, mesprit and Uxie...since the regi's have regigigas now...
Thats all i can think of wanting xD
Dark pokemon from pokemon crater etc to be like shinies aswell but that'll never happen..

Anyways: 5th gen....(1)More eeveelutions :D, (2)Lapras pre evo, (3)Torkoal evo and (4)a leader for Azelf, mesprit and Uxie...since the regi's have regigigas now...

1. While we're at it, let's do the final evos, with base total stats of 590, shall we?

140/120/90/80/80/80

Also, I hope that it would have these following combos for the currently existing Eeveelutions:

Psychic/Dark: Espeon/Umbreon
Water/Ground: Vaporeon
Dark/Poison: Umbreon
Dark/Ghost: Umbreon

2. Lapras is like a co-ed version of Kangaskhan, for a lack of a better term; so, nah.

3. I'd prefer to see it, being Fire/Ground, with an ability that neutralizes Ground weakness.

4. Even though I'm inclined to ask for a cap for Psychic legendaries, this gets away from that.

Another thing: I'd like to see ALL Pokemon get access to moves that neutralizes their weaknesses, while being stat-appropriate.

Examples:

Ideal move lists:

Flareon: Flare Blitz, Seed Bomb, Wish
Leafeon: Leaf Blade, Earthquake, Rock Slide/Stone Edge, Wish
Glaceon: Earth Power, Psychic/Air Slash, Blizzard, Wish

One more neat thing, in wild battles or NPC battles outside of Battle Towers, if your pokemon levels up to the point of evolving, during a battle, make it so it can evolve while in the middle of a battle. Same if you lose a pokemon to a foe NPCs, it might level up or evolve to, and thats the one you battle next time you battle them.

I would like to see this happen in the next generation too! Its pretty pathetic that you have to wait for the pokemon to evolve until after the battle, especially when your versing the E4.

Ability: Scratch Resistant
If the Pokemon would take damage from any one source that is less than 1/16 of its total health, it does not take that damage.

Some changes I'd like to see for current abilities:
-----Forecast: (In addition to current effects) Changes pokemon to Rock-type in sandstorm. Changes pokemon to Flying-type in fog.
-----Normalize: All damaging attacks used by this pokemon gain STAB. All non-damaging attacks used by this pokemon become Normal-type.
-----Run Away: The pokemon with this ability is immune to the effects of abilities/moves (Arena Trap, Bind, Ingrain, Mean Look) that attempt to trap said pokemon, or that have an effect on said pokemon when it attempts to switch out(Pursuit). The trainer can escape all wild pokemon battles if (s)he has a pokemon with this ability in battle.
-----Stall: The pokemon with this ability always goes last. Unless the pokemon with this ability uses a damaging attack, all attacks made against this pokemon will miss.

I'd like to see more weather effects/moves:

At night, a move called "Moonshine" could be used, that acts the same as "Sunny Day" but this increases the light of the moon, which would make certian moves more powerful and up the attack and sp attacks one stage of all pokemon that use a moonstone to evolve, and after moonshine fades, the stats go back one stage.

Sunny day can only be used in day (for obvious resons) and when used, it causes fog in battle to disappear.

Synthises should be able to be used outside of battle, but outdoors in sunny conditions only, and this will still use 1PP per use (or we could always use synthises between battles without ever needing a healing potion for pokemon using the move)

Other weather effects you get in areas, (these effects change in areas, randomly, like rain in some route will change from rain to no weather)

Thunderstorm: This is like rain but causes the sp attack of some electric pokemon to raise one stage (it may happen in a battle or it may not, only works once per battle)

Rain: In battle rain will always buffett fire types. Never understood why it did not and the speed of ground types will lower one stage while rain is in affect. Using sunny day while rain is falling, negates the effects of the rain. Fire types stop being buffetted and speed of ground types increases one stage again.

Strong winds: In a pokemon battle that has a strong wind blowing, causes all pokemon (minus flying types and very heavy pokemon, rhyperior, goudron etc...) to have levitate as the wind makes the pokemon blow about. Attacks have a higher chance of missing and accuracy of all pokemon decreases one stage. Using Gravity, negates all the affects and makes all pokemon back to normal, using gravity again will give its normal affect and for all those pokemon already negating the effects of the wind, they get hit by gravity as it normally would.

i have an idea for the starters of the 5th Generation games

#494- Treanten
Treant Pokemon
Types: Grass

#497- Skorchi
Dragonling Pokemon
Types: Fire

#501- Eelectri (couldn't think of a good one)
Electric Eel Pokemon
Types: Water/Electric

*these are the numbers for the NATIONAL DEX not the 5th generation region Dex*

Already mentioned this elsewhere and it's been mentioned by plenty of other people: DragonEeveelution!

Yeah, I can see why people might be getting tired of the Eeveelutions, but I want to see at LEAST a Dragon-, Ground-, Rock-, Steel-, and Ghost-type Eeveelution before they stop coming up with them.

Yeah, I can see why people might be getting tired of the Eeveelutions, but I want to see at LEAST a Dragon-, Ground-, Rock-, Steel-, and Ghost-type Eeveelution before they stop coming up with them.

So you want to practically run out of new Eeveelutions before stopping their creation? :p

I'd like to see a pure Dragon, though...

So you want to practically run out of new Eeveelutions before stopping their creation? :p

Basically :) though it's not like any of those (barring perhaps Dragon) would be particularly hard to do. Also, Fighting, Flying, Poison, and Bug wouldn't be in the mix, though some of those would be pretty sweet.

I'd like to see a pure Dragon, though...

A FULLY EVOLVED pure Dragon, no less. :-D

if an Ice/Dragon appeared, that would stop the x4 weakness to Ice. It could be an ice cave pokemon... be like the gible line, but be ice not ground and start small and end up with a frozen flygon sized dragn.

Perhaps it can be part of a Dragon-typed trio? Dragon/Ice, Dragon/Fire, and Dragon/Ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom