• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pokemon 5th generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its just a rumor but, a 5th generation of pokemon,I'm half hearted about this I want one, but at the same time I don't and there are reasons. OK if gen 4 is the last, I'd be a little sad to see pokemon ending,but it wouldn't matter cause I basically have all gens of pokemon games so far and i could just play them and we'll have memories, and seriously it won't be the end of the world. If the anime ends there's always DVD's.Anyway if it continued, how many more pokemon do they need? They can't just keep making new pokemon if they pretty soon its gonna be hard to remember like 1000+ Pokemon , its ridiculous they'll start running outta ideas, and Nintendo has plenty of other games to sell. And I've been on serebii forums looking at what people wrote. And it seems to me that people are forgetting Pokemon isn't Game Freaks only game. I could write more reasons but I just can't think of any right now. Oh and Arceus is the god of all pokemon.

I know its just a rumor but, a 5th generation of pokemon,I'm half hearted about this I want one, but at the same time I don't and there are reasons. OK if gen 4 is the last, I'd be a little sad to see pokemon ending,but it wouldn't matter cause I basically have all gens of pokemon games so far and i could just play them and we'll have memories, and seriously it won't be the end of the world. If the anime ends there's always DVD's.Anyway if it continued, how many more pokemon do they need? They can't just keep making new pokemon if they pretty soon its gonna be hard to remember like 1000+ Pokemon , its ridiculous they'll start running outta ideas, and Nintendo has plenty of other games to sell. And I've been on serebii forums looking at what people wrote. And it seems to me that people are forgetting Pokemon isn't Game Freaks only game. I could write more reasons but I just can't think of any right now. Oh and Arceus is the god of all pokemon.

Has Metal Gear ended? Has Metroid ended? Has Street Fighter ended? Has Mega Man ended? Has Final Fantasy ended? Has Sonic ended? All of these videogame franchises survive to these days (some better than others, I must say -offtopic but IMO Mega Man and Sonic are now all screwed, and they are my favorite franchises from my childhood-), not to mention that they are all older than Pokémon.

Because yes, Pokémon is, before everything else, a videogame franchise. So Nintendo will keep squeezing Pokémon till the end of time. Thus, there WILL be a fifth generation, the only question is when we'll get it. Personally I wouldn't mind if it takes five years off and then makes a big comeback full of surprises and innovations.

Not the only Game Freak's game? Save for Drill Dozer (which wasn't even big news), I don't know of any non-Pokémon games by GF.

Has Metal Gear ended? Has Metroid ended? Has Street Fighter ended? Has Mega Man ended? Has Final Fantasy ended? Has Sonic ended? All of these videogame franchises survive to these days (some better than others, I must say -offtopic but IMO Mega Man and Sonic are now all screwed, and they are my favorite franchises from my childhood-), not to mention that they are all older than Pokémon.

Because yes, Pokémon is, before everything else, a videogame franchise. So Nintendo will keep squeezing Pokémon till the end of time. Thus, there WILL be a fifth generation, the only question is when we'll get it. Personally I wouldn't mind if it takes five years off and then makes a big comeback full of surprises and innovations.

Not the only Game Freak's game? Save for Drill Dozer (which wasn't even big news), I don't know of any non-Pokémon games by GF.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshi_(video_game)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulseman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_&_Wario

To name some. So yes right now like a lot of developers Gamefreak is a Nintendo money bank.

Yoshi and Mario&Wario are Nintendo's trademarks. I was talking about original games (since GF doesn't own Mario and Yoshi, they cant' do Mario games whenever they like). Similarly, I think Quinty is not property of Game Freak too. Granted for Pulseman, but it seems that GF is not interested in resurrecting it (though they should), so it leaves us to only Pokémon and Drill Dozer as current active franchises by Game Freak, which was my original point (although I admit I didn't express it well, to which I apologize).

Anyways, thanks for your reply

I want a new evolution for Gyarados. The evolution would be triggered by location... or whatevre new gimicky new evo trigger BigN comes up with. His new form would remain Water/Flying and would resemble the dragon of the sea, Seiryyu, or a full fleged chinese dragon wtih claws and small wings. I would love to see him get access to Flying attaks other then Bounce. Also a new Ability may be in order. In short...

NAME (Evo for Gyarados)
Water/Flying
Dragon Spirit - Dragon attacks recieve a 50% boost in power.

Even if it only got Fly, and only had Waterfall and Dragon Claw (now able because he has claws) that would be 3xSTABs on an evo of Gyarados (ATT 125+).

I was thinking of something similar. A possible name could be Hydrados. He has three heads and is now Dragon/Water.

That could be cool, but Gyarados is so powerful already, I don't think it needs it. If they're going to evolve more old Pokémon, I'd hope they'd at least do it to the ones that are too weak to use.

I just don't want any more complicated evolution methods. It started getting bad in Gen III, but now a pretty big chunk of evolutions are done with trading with a specific item, which is annoying IMO. I want some normal evolutions for a change.

It'd be nice if we finally had some dolphin pokemon.

That could be cool, but Gyarados is so powerful already, I don't think it needs it. If they're going to evolve more old Pokémon, I'd hope they'd at least do it to the ones that are too weak to use.

Well, when Scyther evovles into Scizor, its stats don't increase at all, just reaccomodate, giving it more power but sacrificing some speed. They can do somehing similar: evolve it into a water-dragon or whatever and let it have the same total stats, but reordering them. I mean, Gyarados' physical attack sucks, and until Gen IV we got the Pyshical/Special split, and even then, the most powerful Physical water attack is Waterfall, which is decent, but nothing in comparison to Hydro Pump, to say something. We need (or at least I want) a Gyarados evolution with better Special Attack, but sacrificing some other stat (maybe Speed or Attack). That way we could have a Gyarados evo without making it uber or broken.

Oh yeah!! A dolphin Pokémon!! It could be Water/Psychic, since dolphins are known to be very intelligent. It would be great to be the starter, along with a Fire/Dark and a Grass/Fighting. Although these three combos have already been done, we've only got one family for each one (Slowbro/king, Houndoom and Breelom).

I think Quinty is not property of Game Freak too.
Anyways, thanks for your reply

News flash Quinty was Game Freak's first game they ever made. You ..
even in the Pokemon interview with Tajiri he said he'd made the Quinty game concept up by himself.Did he not? Of course with his workers they made the game,with Sugimori and Masuda and the rest of them in '89.
Just because it may be published by Hudson Soft for the American version(Mendel Palace), it still doesn't mean it's not Game Freak's. Infact you might wanna look at this , it has all GF's games.

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/

there should be a green square on the top of the page click on it ,and it has all the games they've developed, and yes they own Quinty.

This is a shame actually.. seeing that I made your day with those manga pictures...

I think it would be great if they finally put a Psychic typing under Psyduck and Golduck. It shoulda been done ages ago!

News flash Quinty was Game Freak's first game they ever made. You ..
even in the Pokemon interview with Tajiri he said he'd made the Quinty game concept up by himself.Did he not? Of course with his workers they made the game,with Sugimori and Masuda and the rest of them in '89.
Just because it may be published by Hudson Soft for the American version(Mendel Palace), it still doesn't mean it's not Game Freak's. Infact you might wanna look at this , it has all GF's games.

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/

there should be a green square on the top of the page click on it ,and it has all the games they've developed, and yes they own Quinty.

This is a shame actually.. seeing that I made your day with those manga pictures...

Excuse me, of course I knew Quint was developed by them (hadn't I known, I wouldn't even mentioned it for the first place, don't you think?), but I didn't remember that interview (so thanks for refreshing my memory) and since it was published by other companies (even in Japan, it was released there by Namco), I had my doubts about if they had the rights to it. Just like Halo being originally developed by Bungie but Microsoft retained the rights even after Bungie split up from MS. So don't kill me please. And I'm still thankful.

Even if GF retain the rights, the franchise's dead (even more than Pulseman, at least, PM was referenced in the Volt Tackle), and my original point was about active franchises, so I'm still right, since GF's only currently active franchises are Pokémon and Drill Dozer.

Anyways, we got off-topic and I think this sub-topic has nothing more to give, so move on.

-------------

Yeah, they should make Psyducj a Psychic! But given that it hasn't been done in four generations, I deeply doubt they'll do it.

Yeah, they should make Psyducj a Psychic! But given that it hasn't been done in four generations, I deeply doubt they'll do it.

It seems like it will be fit for a psychic pokemon, it learns psychic attacks so why not?
I mean if they can change magnemite and magneton into steel/electric pokemon..

It seems like it will be fit for a psychic pokemon, it learns psychic attacks so why not?
I mean if they can change magnemite and magneton into steel/electric pokemon..

They only changed them because Steel was a new type at the time.

I want to make something clear about the possible coming of the Light-type in the 5th generation.
It is true that throughout the Pokemon saga, the Psychic-type has been rumored the "light-type", opposing the Dark-type.
But to me, it is hard to comprehend such a thing.
Why would Psychic be considered Light ?
One has nothing to do with the other.
Psychic is simply psi abilities, able to move objects with your mind.
Basically control everything with your mind.
I was actually hopping to see the Light-type in Generation IV, with Darkrai as the Dark Lord and having Cresselia oppose it.
I would've rathered Cresselia being a Light-type than the Psychic-type.
It makes much more sense having Light oppose Dark than having Psychic oppose Dark.
It's only my opinion, I just want to point out that I find it merely ridiculous that they never came out with the Light-type at the same time as the Dark-type.
Then again, they could actually introduce the Light-type to the Pokemon saga, and have it hold a whole complete other meaning.
Light-type could be reffered to angels, paradise, heavens, nirvana, etc. all those things, without actually coming in a religious form.
If anyone has anything to say, I would love to hear it.

And another point to prove what I am saying.
If Psychic was truly the "Light-type", then how come it is super effective against Fighting-types ?
This comes to prove that Psychic is using the power of the mind and that Fighting is using the power of the body.
Meaning Psychihc is NOT the Light-type, leaving Nintendo a huge opportunity to start it, without necessarily changing anything they have already done in the past.

And another point to prove what I am saying.
If Psychic was truly the "Light-type", then how come it is super effective against Fighting-types ?
This comes to prove that Psychic is using the power of the mind and that Fighting is using the power of the body.
Meaning Psychihc is NOT the Light-type, leaving Nintendo a huge opportunity to start it, without necessarily changing anything they have already done in the past.

well psychic doesn't work against dark, just like the good side can't harm the dark side in real life (at least not on a large scale). Thus psychic's pretty much light, just like electric pokémons can be considered light as well.

well psychic doesn't work against dark, just like the good side can't harm the dark side in real life (at least not on a large scale). Thus psychic's pretty much light, just like electric pokémons can be considered light as well.

But that's exactly my point.
If even Electric-type can be considered the "light-type", then how about just making a Light-type and making it official.
And to stop with all the nonsense of Psychic meaning Light, and Electric meaning Light, and what not.
Just make a Light-type, call it Light, make it Light, and let it play its roll as the OFFICIAL Light-type.
Thats my opinion.

If we're going to add types, let's make Feraligatr Water/Dark type.

I wouldn't make Feraligatr a Water/Dark type for the same reason Gyarados isn't one.
They are not "dark" enough themselves to be part Dark.
I remember watching on TV, when Pokemon Crystal came out, they did a small interview with I don't remember who from Nintendo, and they were asking questions all kinds about Pokemon to him. And one person asked this same exact question, why isn't Feraligatr part Dark.
And his answer was as simple as mine, he isn't dark enough. He isn't "badass" enough to be a dark type.
If you compare Feraligatr and Tyranitar, you can easily see the difference as to why Tyranitar is part Dark and Feraligatr isn't.

just like the good side can't harm the dark side in real life
...Wait, what?

That doesn't really make sense. I think the only evidence we need is that Psychic types have been around since before Dark types existed, and very few Psychic types seem to be at all related to light. If they wanted a Light type, they'd make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom