• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon AR Searcher / "Pokémon Dream Radar"

Sorry for the bump, but now that the game is out, I thought there could be some new discussions. I've gotten a Prankster Riolu, and the Telepathy Munna, but the Munna was a given. What has everyone else gotten?

so far i have Munna (2), Riolu (2), Sigilyph, Drifloon, Tornadus. I've also upgraded the cloud capacity twice and my beam strength once. I really like this game.

Is it just me, or is this game *not* in 3D, despite being exclusive to the 3DS?

I've found these fellows through it: Igglybuff, Shuckle, Riolu, Munna, Swablu, Drifloon, Bronzor, Sigilyph, Tornadus, Thundurus.
It seems that the wisest way to spend points is to dump them all in the Scope upgrades before maxing the Bam and Energy Pack.

Also, not sure if this has come up in the topic yet, but apparently, you can get Gen II and IV legendaries if you put one of the old DS cartridges in after you've caught Therian Forme Landorus.

Edit: Just caught Therian Landorus with one second to spare! Phew!

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is this game *not* in 3D, despite being exclusive to the 3DS?

There's no 3D enabled for this title as you're moving around a lot...I feel like that they're going to do the same for all 3DS AR stuff that involves lots of movement.

Edit: May I ask people if they have ever been successful at capturing the smallest glowing orbs in the Interdream Zone? So far, I've caught all three that I've encountered since catching Landorus, and I've got myself three things out of it: A Rotom, a Porygon and Sacred Ash.

Last edited:
Pokémon Dream radar

So I was looking around for a thread regarding this but didn't find a lot. A bit uncertain if this even is the right section.

Been taking some notes about it. Like costs for upgrades and the points needed to unlock stuff.
You get Tornadus around 800 total aquired dp, 1600 for Thundurus, 3100 for Landorus. After Landorus you can insert a Gen 4 game to catch the version mascot from that one.
Thanks to this I have a whole arsenal of lvl 5 legendaries.

Anyway. This is what I've managed to get after 72 searches and 7833 dream orbs (using the basic extension), how about you?

Pokémon:
  • Sigilyph: 8
  • Munna: 5
  • Swablu: 11
  • Riolu: 16
  • Drifloon: 4
  • Shuckle: 8
  • Staryu: 1
  • Igglybuff: 8
  • Togepi: 11
  • Bronzor: 3
  • Porygon: 8
  • Rotom: 2
  • Spiritomb: 2

Items:
  • Red shard 5
  • Yellow shard 4
  • Blue shard 4
  • Green shard 2
  • Leppa berry 12
  • Revive 11
  • Max revive 3
  • Pp up 3
  • Rare candy 2
  • Sun stone 10
  • Moon stone 6
  • Fire stone 5
  • Leaf stone 3
  • Water stone 6
  • Thunder stone 2

I haven't really had much luck with it...I've caught a Munna, two Sigilyphs, a Rilou and a Drifloon. Mostly I've been getting shards and revives. I'm a bit confused with how you "level up" in it, too...do you just have to get a shit ton of orbs or?

I haven't really had much luck with it...I've caught a Munna, two Sigilyphs, a Rilou and a Drifloon. Mostly I've been getting shards and revives. I'm a bit confused with how you "level up" in it, too...do you just have to get a shit ton of orbs or?

Essentially.

If you want the Kamis, it's best to upgrade the number of Dream Clouds and then stop so that you can rack up orbs.

I haven't really had the time to mess around with it--I was able to get a few orbs and a Munna. What little I've done was pretty fun though.

I kinda dread going after the Kamis, though. I have all ideas that they're going to be a pain. :uhoh:

I haven't really had the time to mess around with it--I was able to get a few orbs and a Munna. What little I've done was pretty fun though.

I kinda dread going after the Kamis, though. I have all ideas that they're going to be a pain. :uhoh:

I recommend a sort-of routine that you take a break from the main game every so often, then when you go back you play Dream Radar, rack up research data there and then send it into Unova Link.
Also, if you're worried about the Therians, don't worry - they're not too much of a hassle, actually. What's REALLY a hassle is trying to get them a good nature if you, for some reason, wanted to use Hidden Ability Incarnate Formes. All you need to go against them is at least a Level 3 beam by the time you get to Thundurus...however, put Visoscope upgrades in priority! They will greatly help for you to acquire more loot!

Do you guys know if anyone has compiled all of Burnet's dialog? I have a little crush on her.

I find that upgrading your clouds too high past the beam power is counterproductive until you perfect your aim and stop hitting clouds when you're aiming for orbs. I got my clouds up to 20, then maxed out the beam, then went back after clouds. I'm going to max out the timer just to give myself a buffer for "life happens" moments before I start item farming in the simulators. I've never taken the full time to catch a Pokemon. I've never even come close.

I bought this the other day and have played it off and on. I havent had much luck, I've only found a Munna. Id like to keep finding Pokemon and possibly find the Therian forms and want to eventually be able to get a Multiscale Lugia out of it, as I'd like one. I have a bit of trouble with it, it's fun but frustrating to get the Pokemon before the time runs out and I find it hard to find Dream Clouds and difficult to collect the orbs. I definately need more practice but it's a nice difference from the main games so Id like to try getting some more Pokemon before I start White 2.

I just got it since I had a little more than enough money left in my balance. ^^

And I really like it! Shooting the clouds is actually pretty fun and the camera shows your real life surroundings, so it's like the clouds are appearing in real life! So cool!

I think I have an excellent tip for you all, now that the Special Extensions codes were found for English Dream Radar users:
If you plan to rack up a lot of Dream Orbs, using these is the way to go! You'll only find one Pokémon (I haven't tested them all yet, but at the very least, Beldum in Special Extension A is as easy to catch as earlygame catches on the Radar), and all the other Dream Clouds will always spit at least four Dream Orbs as they're all grey, allowing you to chain a huge amount. It's a similar case to the Eureka Extensions as well as the Simulators, and of course the Generation IV Extensions. The problem with using those is that the Eureka and Generation IV extensions disappear after one use you've caught the Pokémon associated with it, and the Simulators cost a lot of Dream Orbs to be used.

The codes in question were reported by Serebii last Thursday (I'm assuming it was on their forums or reported to him directly without a source, as there isn't one), and they go like this:
  • Special Extension A: Up, Right, Down, Left, X, R, L
  • Special Extension B: Up, Down, Right, Left, Y, R, L
  • Special Extension C: R, L, Y, X, Left, Right, Y, X

Of course, if you're not so good with Dream Orb chains, this is a good way to start practicing!

Edit: Gah, I wrote "Extention" which, as far as I know, is a word that exists but is not what we want to say in this context!
Edit 3: Anyone got their Capture Beam up to Lv.MAX yet? The sound and colour is awesome!
However, I warn you: It's at a rather high volume (higher than the other beam's sounds) so it could pierce your ears. It sounds like someone made the sound out of glass, so it could be an annoying sound instead.

Last edited:
Ooh, sounds really handy, Wishmaker Jirachi! :eek:

Anyway, I've only played a little since I just got the Dream Radar yesterday, but so far I got a Munna and a Leppa Berry.

I think I have an excellent tip for you all, now that the Special Extensions codes were found for English Dream Radar users:
If you plan to rack up a lot of Dream Orbs, using these is the way to go! You'll only find one Pokémon (I haven't tested them all yet, but at the very least, Beldum in Special Extension A is as easy to catch as earlygame catches on the Radar), and all the other Dream Clouds will always spit at least four Dream Orbs as they're all grey, allowing you to chain a huge amount. It's a similar case to the Eureka Extensions as well as the Simulators, and of course the Generation IV Extensions. The problem with using those is that the Eureka and Generation IV extensions disappear after one use you've caught the Pokémon associated with it, and the Simulators cost a lot of Dream Orbs to be used.

The codes in question were reported by Serebii last Thursday (I'm assuming it was on their forums or reported to him directly without a source, as there isn't one), and they go like this:
  • Special Extension A: Up, Right, Down, Left, X, R, L
  • Special Extension B: Up, Down, Right, Left, Y, R, L
  • Special Extension C: R, L, Y, X, Left, Right, Y, X

Of course, if you're not so good with Dream Orb chains, this is a good way to start practicing!

Edit: Gah, I wrote "Extention" which, as far as I know, is a word that exists but is not what we want to say in this context!
Edit 3: Anyone got their Capture Beam up to Lv.MAX yet? The sound and colour is awesome!
However, I warn you: It's at a rather high volume (higher than the other beam's sounds) so it could pierce your ears. It sounds like someone made the sound out of glass, so it could be an annoying sound instead.

I've tried activating those extra simulators, but I haven't gotten anywhere with it. Am I doing something wrong? Am I misreading the information? I put in the button code, go in, but still only have the same extensions. Can someone clarify this for me?

On another note, I'm lovin' the Dream Radar. Gives me something else to do, and the Augmented reality bit is really nice (I chuckled when I saw my pet cockatiel poke his head from "behind" a dream cloud, unknown to him). I've captured all three of the Kami Trio, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Giratina. I'd do Dialga and Palkia, but I had to replace my D/P game cards, so I don't have those yet. I've also caught a slew of Pokemon, mostly Munnas, Porygons, and Igglybuffs, though there are two I'm still trying to net: Ralts and Spiritomb. I've caught two Spiritombs, but they were by chance, not even trying to (especially since I tend to meddle with the Dowsing Extension the most, so I get a little surprised, and annoyed, at times when I get a Mon vs an item). I've also harvested a lot of items, including a truckload of Evolutionary Stones. I must have at least 25 of each stone that I can get from the DR, with the exception of the Fire and Sun Stone, which I must have 40 each by now. Heck, even Sacred Ashes and Max Revives are easy catches for me, having about 20 right now. Yeah, I'm a treasure hunter, can't be helped.

Anyway, if anyone could answer my problem about the secret extensions I'd be very grateful. And to say the least, this DR stuff is fun, especially when someone can get as easily bored as me. The kicker (to me) is how long it takes for the dream clouds to reform (I've maxed out everything, since I spend a ton of time treasure hunting, so I got good at harvesting Dream Orbs), and I don't know how to use the Play Coins thing, so I have to wait the old fashioned way.

On the same subject, since we are limited to one of each Therian forme, is there a way to at least reset their natures? I got lucky with my Tornadus [modest] but it's aggravating to play the RNG game when you're limited to one capture per.

Last edited:
If you insert a fresh SD card, you can re-download Dream Radar free. That means you can get another crack at the therian formed Kami Trio. You could try deleting the game from a computer, but I wouldn’t recommend it. It’s very dangerous.

Tip for easily changing the color of your orb icon. When you only have one cloud go for it. Then try for only the color orb you want to switch to. If you don’t wind up in the color mode you want, no worries, just try again. It doesn’t cost anything, although Prof. Burnet will think you’re nuts. 8-D

I have noticed a few pokémon seem to not show up once you have caught the next Kami. The first two that disappear is sigilyph and drifloon even when you have the correct color mode. Igglybuff and shuckle become very common. Then porygon is rare, because you only find them in orange mode. Ralts are not rare, but they seem to be uncommon. I haven’t caught landorus yet, so I don’t know who will be disappearing after it is caught.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom