• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I heard the hack checker was kind of a flop and letting obvious things through but dunno if they've done something with it since then.
The things it let through were indeed obvious, but largely just metadata (caught game/location, region marker, etc.); the actual stats were (as far as we know) perfectly legal.

I think that's all it checks for because legal stats, moves and abilities are all that matter in an actual battle. In the end a hacked pokemon can still be beaten by a legitimately bred and trained pokemon provided its stats, moves and abilities were legal, so it's easy to see why the ball, location and game of origin are seen as unimportant.

That is a very optimistic prediction.

If it is anything like the E-Shop, then they will likely have to release it by region. Which I think there are like four or something in the U.S. alone.
T.T

Who knows though. I like your prediction even if I am sceptical. ;)

If this isn't released before February I'm gonna be pissed. It's already been released in Asian countries and the servers are working just fine. What's the hold up?

If this isn't released before February I'm gonna be pissed. It's already been released in Asian countries and the servers are working just fine. What's the hold up?

because nintendo of america don't want to release it because they know it'll break the servers again so they're delaying it as long as possable and maybe never release it here

#conspiracy#nintendo hates us

jk :p

lollygagging is the hold up. they say they are monitoring asias progress but it seems like its going fine to me. so once again the delay is a mystery

All the Asian territories have got it. Any more than one more week is too long.

Nintendo wanting to see if the servers can handle one part of the population, I presume. Better to test it on select regions and see how it holds up before unleashing it on the whole world.

Nintendo wanting to see if the servers can handle one part of the population, I presume. Better to test it on select regions and see how it holds up before unleashing it on the whole world.

It has been out for 3 days. The first day would have seen the most usage so idk what they expect to change lol

I saw its not bad for them to take a little bit more time to be sure. The US and other regions are going to bring many many more users of Bank.

Yeah, I agree it is better to release something functional than to release something early. But honestly idk what they are expecting to happen. The bank has been highly anticipated so im sure everyone flocked to it on day 1. If it can withstand all of asia flocking to it at once than im sure it can handle the modest traffic NA and europe will bring and the even more modest traffic in the days following release

I can't connect to the eshop. This is extremely encouraging(no sarcasm intended.).

Edit: I have been tryitng to no avail to get on the eshop for the past 20 minutes.

Last edited:
In case people are wondering:

The Pokemon Bank in Korea is back up fully and updated. Nothing is new, but there's been a minor change. Previously, my event shiny Genesect couldn't get through Poke Transporter because the Bank recognized it as something not eligible for transport. After the update, I had been able to transfer over the Genesect. Since there has been a change in recognizing event pokemon, I assume there's been some changes recognizing hacks as well.

Also, the free trial isn't renewed. For me, I started using my free trial since December 25th, and it ended a few days ago. Meaning, I have to start paying the fee to use it. I don't know if they're going to change it, but even after the International release, it's likely we won't be getting renewals.

I lost a few weeks of Bank and Transporter out of the free trial because of the server shutting down, and no renewal ._.

Also, the free trial isn't renewed. For me, I started using my free trial since December 25th, and it ended a few days ago. Meaning, I have to start paying the fee to use it. I don't know if they're going to change it, but even after the International release, it's likely we won't be getting renewals.

Ah, the Nintendo touch.

Is anyone else having problems with getting on the eShop?
I haven't been able to access it since 10:00 PM Pacific time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom