• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry to hear you have had problems with the bank but I can honestly say you are the only person I know of with that issue. Most people who got it said that every so often you would have to try a few times before connecting to the server but after that it was fine. And in my boo waiting 10 minutes to connect to a server is much better than waiting a month

If it really were me being the only one getting all the inconvenience, then I suppose there's nothing much I can say. Though I'm pretty curious what the International version of Bank would be like since most, if not all, of its flaws would have been fixed.

The unfortunate truth is we may not know the answer to that for quite some time yet if at all

Hm...I'm sure getting anxious over here...After reading the Unsolved Mysteries In X and Y thread, I'm itching to transfer some Pokemon to try out some theories. :O I'm trying to be very patient, but it's getting harder to do so...

I'll say it again; this delay was completely unacceptable and they should have known better beforehand, but then it's Nintendo and Game Freak so they seem to get a free pass compared to anyone else.

Still, maybe we'll see it before February.

I'll say it again; this delay was completely unacceptable and they should have known better beforehand, but then it's Nintendo and Game Freak so they seem to get a free pass compared to anyone else.

It's not illegal to delay a title, it's the first time Nintendo has had such a bad issue with server overload, and if you want to punish them by not getting Pokemon Bank, nock yourself out. It would be nice if they gave out an extra event as compensation, but they're already distributing Celebi through Pokemon Bank.

Im having trouble with rated battles cause of this. I see constant use by asian players of pokemon like heatran and thundurus. It gives them an unfair advantage. It was already bad after the 25th, but now its nearly constant. And it has made my favorite part of the game a lot less fun. Especially since the only kalos legendaries we can use in rated matches are the legendary birds, and all of them are a joke to Thundurus. -_-

I never said it was illegal. Didn't even imply it. I just said it's unaceptable, especially 4-5 weeks in.

I never said it was illegal. Didn't even imply it. I just said it's unaceptable, especially 4-5 weeks in.

You said
it's Nintendo and Game Freak so they seem to get a free pass compared to anyone else.

which pretty strongly implies that their should be some sort of punishment. I was using "It's not illegal" as hyperbole to point out the fallacy in your claim that they should not get a free pass. Who is this "anyone else" you are talking about anyway?

They really haven't gotten a free pass. This is some bad publicity and it's not just about Pokemon Bank. It's about all the people trying to buy stuff off the e-shop on their shiny new 3DS on Christmas thinking the eshop is a complete mess because of that first impression.

I hope some day some of the people in this thread get into data base management or become code monkies (or both), then they'll realize how insanely unrealistic their expectations are for things like this. :S

I do wonder what the implications are going to be for the competitive side of things (the special rule set not the other ladders). There are some egg moves that one can only get from pokemon not directly available in XY. Will that give an edge to those who have access to pokebank, or know someone who does (or are lucky enough to nab something off the gts or wonder trade). I feel like somewhat it won't and somewhat it will, depending on how pro-active the competitive people are about finding things for breeding.

I hope some day some of the people in this thread get into data base management or become code monkies (or both), then they'll realize how insanely unrealistic their expectations are for things like this. :S

As someone with partial experience in both roles, with friends who have full time positions doing just these things, I'll tell you this: they're piss easy positions.

For the love of god, they are a business, and the only thing they did wrong was the connection ( how many there were ) and the date of release.

I want to transfer my 400 something pokemon from BW/BW2 as much as the next guy, but I don't see a problem of waiting.

the problem I see is that honestly this functionality SHOULD HAVE BEEN PART OF THE GAME AT LAUNCH, not something they still have not delivered more than what october november december and now January and only a few contries have it while everyone else has to wait?

Right.

moveing on.

For the love of god, they are a business, and the only thing they did wrong was the connection ( how many there were ) and the date of release.

I want to transfer my 400 something pokemon from BW/BW2 as much as the next guy, but I don't see a problem of waiting.

I sure am lovin' Swapnote 3D. How about you? It's a real waiting game, allowing me to see the full picture.

If you really didn't have a problem with waiting, why do you occasionally pop into the thread despite no official announcement of availability?

The problem is the bank and the servers are functional and they just arent releasing it.

People seem to believe that Japan is holding out on us on purpose. As far as I know, everything is working fine, they just won't give it to us. We've had worse delays, far worse, but they wanted this to be worldwide. They failed to deliver. Not even the difference that would've existed if it did come out when it was supposed to. So yeah, they flipping messed up. I don't even know what the appropriate time to wait for is anymore because the truth is we should've had it already. I don't even know what to do if junk doesn't happen since I know of no one that has the power to fix this.

The problem is the bank and the servers are functional and they just arent releasing it.

Just because its working in asia doesn't mean it will work here off the bat as there were 15 million 3ds family systems sold to date in japan and Life-to-date sales of the 3DS and 2DS have topped 11.5 million in the U.S of the roughly 38 million systems the rest were sold in other regions

People seem to believe that Japan is holding out on us on purpose. As far as I know, everything is working fine, they just won't give it to us. We've had worse delays, far worse, but they wanted this to be worldwide. They failed to deliver. Not even the difference that would've existed if it did come out when it was supposed to. So yeah, they flipping messed up. I don't even know what the appropriate time to wait for is anymore because the truth is we should've had it already. I don't even know what to do if junk doesn't happen since I know of no one that has the power to fix this.

Nintendo has the power but not the will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom