• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Best Wishes! Episode N Mafia 1/04/2015 - ENDGAME - TEAM PLASMA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokemon Best Wishes! Episode N Mafia 12/03/2015 - Day 1 The Greatest Battle

I shall be V/LA for the weekend, sorry all

For reasons that have been stated by others, Life isn't looking very good right now.

Unvote
Vote: Life

This is rather exciting. My first time having a D1 wagon on me. :~0

By jokewagon, I meant a wagon built off a joke vote. Personally, I fing it troubling that anyone would be willing to lynch a player on nothing at all.
I find that kind of D1 wagon an easy mafia move.

Why? Everyone has a chance of being scum, and I was going for broke because at the time I voted there was nothing else to go off of. My vote wasn't permanent, though it seems most people took it that way.

Them speaking or not won't change their alignment,

But lynching The_Pikachu without even hearing about their defense or opinion about the bandwagon will deprive players of possible valuable information.

Yes, I totally agree, but the phase is 72 hours which is a lot of time to post a message. I wasn't expecting her not to post, nor was I trying to say that I would dismiss anything she had to say.

@Midorikawa;
How would a lynch help town if the lynchee did not speak? Did you assume that I would probably speak before being lynched?

My vote wasn't a joke. I had all intentions to lynch TP with it.

Someone should go today, and I saw that she already had two votes and used it to my advantage.
How would my death lead to your advantage? Did you assume that I would probably speak before I died?

You're misreading my words. By "used it to my advantage", I meant that since I wanted to lynch someone today, you already having two votes worked to my advantage towards getting that achievement.

VOTE: Life.

The way you said you'd use the already placed votes on The_Pikachu to "your advantage" was kind of. Pretty suspicious. I can understand wanting a lynch since I'm actually the same way with that, but... your way of going about it just isn't sitting well with me. I also agree with Kyriaki on questioning your "Them speaking or not won't change their alignment," statement. Getting The_Pikachu to speak up could change a lot, honestly.

About the advantage thing, I will just point to the above post so as not to repeat myself. On the second statement, what I meant is that her alignment won't change no matter what, just like the rest of us. My read (not that I actually have one) on her could certainly change with her saying something.

Agreed- you could only be sure the The_Pikachu's death would work to your advantage if you yourself were mafia. And sometimes you can only learn who is a good lynch from what they say, so the fact that you're prepared to disregard anything a random player would say and lynch them seems really weird to me.

Unvote: Celestia

Again, will point to what I said above about the advantage thing. Also, I am not "prepared to disregard anything a random player would say", I'm not sure where you got that from. All I said was that no matter what they said, their alignment will not chance. Depending on what she were to say I may have taken my vote off. Not too sure why everybody is acting like I wouldn't be able to do so.

Again, will point to what I said above about the advantage thing. Also, I am not "prepared to disregard anything a random player would say", I'm not sure where you got that from. All I said was that no matter what they said, their alignment will not chance. Depending on what she were to say I may have taken my vote off. Not too sure why everybody is acting like I wouldn't be able to do so.

Generally someone is lynched on D1 regardless, so I still find it a little strange that you seemed to make it your specific goal when it probably would have happened anyways. When I said this part:

you're prepared to disregard anything a random player would say and lynch them

I was referring to the fact that you chose The_Pikachu seemingly at random to focus on, even though she'd already been voted- wouldn't it make more sense to focus on someone else, therefore generating more reactions and reads? And then you mentioned that:

Which sort of sounded to me like you were sure of what their alignment was (and there's really no way for town to do that D1) and didn't care what they had to say.

My vote wasn't permanent, though it seems most people took it that way.

It was still a serious vote and seemed oddly placed.

And finally, now that The_Pikachu has spoken up, what do you think?

@The_Pikachu; I have a personal rule of going after inactives without good reason. You're not an inactive.

@Momoka; Hi.

@Peaceful Giraffe;
latest

I did not get the impression of Life saying she knew her alignment. I got the simple impression that she was saying-our alignments don't change.

Honestly she looks most town right now because 1) Why the heck would mafia be so obvious? 2) Why would mafia make such obvious comments? 3) She has led us to the beautiful place that is *drumroll*

tumblr_nf7bve3C4g1u3bvteo1_500.gif

DISCUSSION!!!!

Fair enough. Discussion is a very nice place. :)

Unvote: Life

But now I don't know who to vote :(

Some people still haven't spoken- at least not that I saw. @Rabbit; @returnofMCH; what's your take on the situation?

@Rabbit; what's your take on the situation?

Neutral. Life's actions make sense, but if there is to be a lynch today, as he wanted, no reason why it can't be his, either. I won't vote until something else/more comes up, however.

Life's actions make sense, but if there is to be a lynch today, as he wanted, no reason why it can't be his, either. .

Can you explain the bold part? Do you mean that if Life wants a lynch he should be fine with lynching himself? (Or am I misunderstanding?)

Life's actions make sense, but if there is to be a lynch today, as he wanted, no reason why it can't be his, either. .

Can you explain the bold part? Do you mean that if Life wants a lynch he should be fine with lynching himself? (Or am I misunderstanding?)

Pretty much. His main reason for voting Pikachu was that he wanted a lynch, and she was the most viable candidate at the time, so the same logic can be applied to the wagon on him. I don't see any specific reason to vote him otherwise, however, so I won't. As it's early D1, nobody else stands out to me, either.

I'm reading through the thread right now, but for now I'll jump on the Life bandwagon I guess.
vote:Life

I am back now, feel free to throw a party in my honor.

i think I'll keep my vote on life for now, the they're playing just doesn't make sense, with the wanting a lynch in a random player regardless of what they say, and if they want a lynch on D1 that much, why not theirs?

I am back now, feel free to throw a party in my honor.

i think I'll keep my vote on life for now, the they're playing just doesn't make sense, with the wanting a lynch in a random player regardless of what they say, and if they want a lynch on D1 that much, why not theirs?

It kinda sounds like you're repeating what me and Rabbit said.

Neutral. Life's actions make sense, but if there is to be a lynch today, as he wanted, no reason why it can't be his, either. I won't vote until something else/more comes up, however.

Although I guess you might have missed those posts while you were gone. Also, welcome back!

UNVOTE: The_Pikachu
VOTE: returnofMCH

Why I don't like the Life wagon:
1) She's explained herself
2) At the time she voted the few that had votes on them had no more than one, save for TP because I had given her a second vote. D1 Rules state: One or two votes are easy to deal with. Three or more create pressure. Life didn't have much choice in who to vote if she wanted to get something done.
3) Life actually tried to get something done.
4) If she was looking to get rid of a dangerous player then it wouldn't have been TP, that reason is not valid before anyone tries to say it is.

Why I'm voting return:

Jumping on a wagon before reading the whole thread is scummy as flip because it means they are just jumping on the bandwagon and looking to lynch the person, without knowing all the facts, such as those that point to Life being town.

tumblr_nd58usF5LM1rpt1jgo1_500.gif

UNVOTE: Life.
VOTE: returnofMCH.

My reasoning for this is pretty much the same as Midori's (also hi midori ;-)). Life has given reasoning that makes sense in my opinion. I probably did misunderstand their wording back in their initial post and I can agree with them wanting a lynch. At this point, I'd feel much better keeping them around than getting rid of them on Day 1.

As for returnofMCH, coming in late and just 'jumping on the bandwagon' without giving any type of input is a huge scumtell. It doesn't help anyone, and in fact, it can be a very harmful tactic later in the game.

While it is scummy to jump on a bandwagon late, maybe return doesn't know that? To me, the fact that he outright said he was jumping on makes him much less suspicious, because it seems to me like a newbie mistake more than anything.

Generally someone is lynched on D1 regardless, so I still find it a little strange that you seemed to make it your specific goal when it probably would have happened anyways.

I'm trying to be active instead of just sitting back and watch things unfold. Lots of other people are casting votes, so is there a reason why you seem to think that I'm the only one who has a "specific goal"?

When I said this part:

I was referring to the fact that you chose The_Pikachu seemingly at random to focus on, even though she'd already been voted- wouldn't it make more sense to focus on someone else, therefore generating more reactions and reads? And then you mentioned that:

Which sort of sounded to me like you were sure of what their alignment was (and there's really no way for town to do that D1) and didn't care what they had to say.

Like I said, TP wasn't random, it was because she already had the most votes. The reason why I did not focus on someone else is because there was no-one else to focus on at that point, and any vote I did place would have been taken as a joke vote.

My vote wasn't permanent, though it seems most people took it that way.

It was still a serious vote and seemed oddly placed.

Why did it seem oddly placed? Like I said, I wanted to lynch someone and went with TP as she already had the most votes. If anything, I think it was placed in the best wagon possible for the goal that I was trying to achieve, that being to get someone lynched.

And finally, now that The_Pikachu has spoken up, what do you think?

I think she needs to read my posts more carefully.

Pretty much. His main reason for voting Pikachu was that he wanted a lynch, and she was the most viable candidate at the time, so the same logic can be applied to the wagon on him. I don't see any specific reason to vote him otherwise, however, so I won't. As it's early D1, nobody else stands out to me, either.

I am both okay and not okay with myself being lynched this phase. I'm okay with it because I know that my death will lead to good information to scum-hunt with, but not okay with it because I know I'm town and would rather lynch somebody who I don't know is town or not.

I'm reading through the thread right now, but for now I'll jump on the Life bandwagon I guess.
vote:Life

Can I get some clarity on why you're voting me? Is it because you feel that my actions are scummy, or because you've seen that lots of other people are voting me and feel it's the right thing to do?

@Peaceful Giraffe; lots of people say they are jumping on bandwagons. That part is nothing, the scum tell in his post is that he is dojng it without actually reading the thread and seeing all the posts, this further sealing Life's fate without formulating his own opinion-aka an easy lunch for him.

Just 50 minutes are left from this post till the phase ends, for anyone who isn't sure of when the phase will end.

Well, I'd like to not be killed today if I can prevent it.

Unvote: The_Pikachu
Vote: returnofMCH

At least until I receive an answer.

@HumanDawn; What happens when there's a tie between two people on votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom