• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Black and White Ratings and Reviews

From 1 to 10, how much did you like Black/White?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
What did you think of Pokemon Black and White from 1 to 10? Feel free to post your reviews.

Overall Current Rating: 8.9

Last edited:
I picked 9.

Because the game didn't seem to last as long as the other ones, it seemed to be over so quickly. :|

Also because Ghetsis's Hydreigon is a bitch.

Good game, but it feels like a lot of content was cut for grey, moreso than in previous generations, to the point of it seeming really really blatant.

My Review:

It was awesome! I would normally have said 10 automatically, but here's the prob:

Battle Subway: Where the heck is the Triples and Rotationals? Way better than Doubles and Singles!

Random Matchups: No level 30s can survive because everyone is 50.

Game Is Over: That happened so fast, although it's never truly over until you catch 600 something Pokes and defeat the Subway

Last edited:
Honestly? 9 Because no more walking Pokes. Oh, I know why that was only for HG/SS, but everyone came to love it again and really it's silly that we can't. I'd probably have most of my team walking with me, had I been born into some strange Pokemon world alternate universe.

.../cough

I gave an 8. It's a very enjoyable game, especially since I'm playing without knowing all the pokemon or exactly where I'm going. I still haven't completed the game. I tried the rotational battles and I don't really like them. Maybe trying it again might change my opinion. I also wish that the pokemon could walk with you like in HG/SS. I wish autorun was still an option too.

I gave it a ten. An awesome new start, I love the new 'mons, and everything just feels natural. My only running gripe is the friend code system, but that's hardly Game Freak's fault. Go Gen V!

I gave a nine. Reasons:

Cons:
  • As someone else has stated, where the hell are Triples in the Subway?
  • No walking Pokémon. Not so much a con, because having walkers would kind of ruin N's point.
  • All Level 100 wi-fi battles have been removed. Couldn't be more obvious they're saving it for Grey.

Pros:

• The new EXP. system makes it much easier to train weaker Pokémon.
  • Much deeper story.
  • No old Pokémon until post-game. Nice not to have a Zubat being the first thing I see upon entering a cave.
  • The two have much more differences between each other than past games.
So, that's my review. :p

I'm not finished the game yet, but so far I rate it a 10. Everything about this game, so far, is awesome!

7. Its lack of old Pokémon I find disturbing.

you do know that its only for the storyline, right?
you can ditch the new ones if you want after that.

i don't know yet, because i haven't got the game yet, but its VERY promising.

apparently Black/white were under development at the same time as HG/SS, by different teams, so a lot of HG/SS's innovations weren't able to be included.

7. Its lack of old Pokémon I find disturbing.

I actually like the idea of opening up the old pokemon only in the post-game... except of course I wish I could have my MagiKarpi earlier on

I voted 9. Very enjoyable games all the way through. To be honest, when the first bits of information started being released, these games were not at the top of my gaming priority list. However, when I discovered how different the plot was going to be from the other mainstream Pokemon games, I couldn't sit back any longer. There are very, and I mean VERY few things in these games that I'll actually complain about.

I'd give it an 8 or 9. Really good game, but lack of gym leader rematches hurts.

^^ i really don't think they are to blame for that, they always saved it for the third version...

Back
Top Bottom