• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Eyyy know what would really honor Bidoof? News about the games he first starred in. Come on now guys, you know you wanna. It would be the perfect way to celebrate Bidoof.

Look I'm not getting my hopes up or anything because I know better, I'm just saying it's what Bidoof would want. Don't upset Bidoof guys.

(please don't take this seriously)

Have they said anything about the Pokedex from Platinum being the base Pokedex for BDSP?
No, however in the first trailer the voiceover said something to the tune of “you can use all the Pokémon in the original Diamond and Pearl,” and Porygon-Z was shown.

No, however in the first trailer the voiceover said something to the tune of “you can use all the Pokémon in the original Diamond and Pearl,” and Porygon-Z was shown.
However nearly all of the 493 Pokemon existing at the time could be used in DP, so it is possible that the games will feature all 493 Pokemon existing at the time of DP's release, but only the original DP dex's 151 can be used until the post game.

However nearly all of the 493 Pokemon existing at the time could be used in DP, so it is possible that the games will feature all 493 Pokemon existing at the time of DP's release, but only the original DP dex's 151 can be used until the post game.
I referenced that quote because it has multiple interpretations, like the one in your post, and not necessarily because I think it confirms that only Pokémon in the originals’ regional dex will be in BDSP. Sorry for not making that clear.

I fully expect that one day while on the way to work at ILCA, Junichi Masuda will slip on the sidewalk and scrape his knee, and at that point he'll have his Tomato-In-The-Mirror moment where he discovers that all along he has been a robot, programmed by The Pokémon Company's R&D shadow division to operate in accordance with their own variation on Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics:

First Law
A robot may not produce a remake of Diamond & Pearl that diverges in any way from the original software or, through inaction, allow such remakes to come into being.​
Second Law
A robot may approve any changes proposed to it by ILCA, Inc. except where such changes would conflict with the First Law.​
Third Law
A robot must advertise the remakes as a novel and revitalised experience as long as such promotion does not conflict with the First or Second Law.​

Last edited:
I don't know how they could do that without including Max Raid battles, and by extension, Dynamax.
Who said they were the only way to have trade evolutions? Make a special area with special Pokémon. Done!
No danger of that for me. Bidoof is extremely hard to take seriously.
You dare question the supreme overlord Bidoof? The blasphemy!

I don't expect them to add a Wild Area-type place to the game.
A special area doesn't have to be a Wild Area-type location. They could do something similar to how the Hidden Grottos in B2W2 were setup; simply put a hole in some rocks or a gap between two trees leading to a small area with the fully-evolved Pokémon. Alternatively they could just make it so that the fully evolved Pokémon appear as normal wild encounters.

Bidoof Day would be a perfect day to drop some news on the game that gave us Bidoof. Normally we'd have some news about their upcoming games by now., so its weird that they haven't dropped any trailers, especially during E3. Some of us really wanna know stuff like will BDSP be a 1 for 1 remake of DP or if it will have some new content, as well as Platinum content. And we need to know more about Legends. This has to be the longest news drought in modern Pokemon history.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom