• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon.com mailbag: Arceus movie to air "this year"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up that the Arceus movie is going to premiere on Friday 6th on Cartoon Network in Australia. I don't know about the rest of the world though.

The pronunciation of Ark-e-us is kind of jarring.

Just a heads up that the Arceus movie is going to premiere on Friday 6th on Cartoon Network in Australia. I don't know about the rest of the world though.

The pronunciation of Ark-e-us is kind of jarring.

Is that true? In December?

Australia first? strange... I think XD did it happen before with a movie?
Anyway, it'd be great to (hopefully) being able to watch this finally
EDIT:
Is that true? In December?

Since he just said "the 6th" without saying what month it is, we can assume he meant November
Also, November 6th is friday, while December 6th is not... and he said friday

o_O

Well, since the TRU event is on the 7th in America, you'd think it'd be the same here (even though a certain event wont have happened in the dub yet) and it just hasn't been announced yet.

It'd be really strange to have the dub premiere in Australia first. But it's still pretty strange it's airing this early anywhere.

Pokébeach is reporting the presence of a TBA slot from 5-6:30PM next Friday on CN US. Methinks we're getting the dub the same day...

Really!? Then why didn't Pokemon.com update their site to include this? There should at least be a trailer by now then.

Really!? Then why didn't Pokemon.com update their site to include this? There should at least be a trailer by now then.

Pokemon.com is a U.S. site primarily. I don't think they care what happens in Australia.

Pokemon.com is a U.S. site primarily. I don't think they care what happens in Australia.

I know that but shouldn't there be a trailer or something floating around somewhere? And it kinda is a big deal that the English dub is airing for the first time in some part of the world, even if it's not in the U.S.

I know that but shouldn't there be a trailer or something floating around somewhere? And it kinda is a big deal that the English dub is airing for the first time in some part of the world, even if it's not in the U.S.

Again, Pokemon.com usually only reports news for the U.S.

When Movie 12 gets an airdate in the U.S., it'll announce it. Pokemon.com rarely reports Japanese news, much less news from Australia or other parts of the world. It doesn't matter if its the same english dub.

I think that J-J-M is stating that were the premiere less than a week away, regardless of where it would appear first, we would have heard something.

Looking through my channel guide, there appear to be a large number of blocks of 1.5 to 2 hours, shaded as movies, in the next two weeks on Cartoon Network. I think we're looking at series of showings of the various movies, leading up to the premiere of the new movie.

Actually, looking at the Cartoon Network website, looks like they're re-showing a lot of the Halloween movies from this week.

Last edited:
OK, if this is true then I am pissed, I will not be home on either Fridays if it appears. Do you think they will be doing an encore the following day?

Didn't see that coming. The printed November guide (which was printed in early October mind you) has a Muppets movie at that time.

Unfortunately it will be cropped because CN Australia only has a single, 4:3 feed.

Wow us Australians are actually getting the movie early on TV.o_O

I don't have CN but if it's airing this early then here's hoping for an early DVD release aswell.=)

Fingers crossed for beyond entertainment/magna home entertainment to be extra nice and release early.

What's strange is we get this movie before any season 12 episodes have aired at all.

So Friday, huh?

What's really weird, to me, is the complete lack of fanfare this is getting. No big ads on the official Pokemon site, nothing on the TPCI site, NOTHING.

For the final movie in a trilogy, you'd expect at least *some* amount of hype.

Friday for Australia, not sure for U.S. yet. Some random person told me on AIM they were airing ads for it in AU with "Ar-kee-us," so maybe we will get it a week later.

If it is Ar-kee-us, there will be moida.

So Friday, huh?

What's really weird, to me, is the complete lack of fanfare this is getting. No big ads on the official Pokemon site, nothing on the TPCI site, NOTHING.

For the final movie in a trilogy, you'd expect at least *some* amount of hype.
Well, to be fair, Cartoon Network has been showing the trailers for the movie pretty frequently and I bet that the Australian kids magazines (K-Zone, Disney Adventures etc) have been advertising it too. When the american premiere comes around, I expect there will be a website made for it along with other hubbubs.

Some random person told me on AIM they were airing ads for it in AU with "Ar-kee-us," so maybe we will get it a week later.

If it is Ar-kee-us, there will be moida.

We all knew it would be. They wouldn't have written that in the mailbag if it was pronounced with an "s" sound in the movie. Even if it was pronounced differently in a game that was released over two years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom