• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Crater closes after eight years: Successful fan-made Pokémon game taken offli

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Crater closes after eight years: Successful fan-made Pokémon game taken offline by owner

The popular fansite [[bp:pokémon Crater|Pokémon Crater]] was closed today after being open for eight years. As an online Pokémon game, it found a medium between reproducing the nature of the handheld series and not being shut down by Nintendo. It was also one introduction to the fandom as a whole.

Read more on Bulbanews

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Why the flying fuck would a successful site like that shut down for no good reason? Please, kill me now.

Awww, I used to play that CONSTANTLY when I was, like, seven. I'll miss it ;_;

It sounds so sad that a fan site is going to close. I never tried the site, but I've had friends that loved the site. RIP.

I was a member there once but the only fun with it was that you could battle other players (which you can do with DS now). The game was slow and they did not have the right damage calculations and no EVs. It was too simple. All attacks did exactly a special amount of damage and Pokemon had exact same HP depending on Level.
Are their forum going to close as well?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Why the flying fuck would a successful site like that shut down for no good reason? Please, kill me now.

It closed because the admin had a life. Did you even read the article?

Guess Serebii is now the #1 Pokemon site (Crater is ranked by Alexa as #425).
IIRC, People have always classed Pokemon Crater not as a fan site but as a game and as it didnt have proper content it was hardly ever counted it in rankings

Plus Alexa rankings arent really a valid way of assessing

Last edited:
I was masaru_daimon on there, and I had a team of Moltres, Suicune, Registeel, Rayquaza, Azelf, and Giratina, all Normal.

Anyone else remember when Crater WAS a fansite? Like...back in 1999? BEFORE it has that MMORPG? I never bothered the MMORPG when they brought it in, but when the rest of the site was shut down so it could be exclusively an MMORPG, I was kinda saddened.

Never really liked the MMORPG to be honest, but I guess that's just me.

I got my step brother interested on Pokemon on that site.

About damn time. Crater was an extremely poor excuse for a Pokemon MMORPG, especially when moves and damage calculations were involved, it was always slow as hell and even more so once they added that damned "show the sprite of each and every person on this particular map" feature that may or may not have been removed(I'm guessing not) since the last time I looked at Crater, and it really was too simplistic in general. Not that the other main MMORPG choice, TPPC, is much better, but at least it loads quickly and follows proper damage formulas(as far as I can tell).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom