• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Direct (4th September)

Re: New Pokemon Direct coming tomorrow

So North America is getting that blue 3DS XL that Japan is getting, alongside a red one?

Now I'm in a delimma, keep the Pikachu one, replace it with the blue one, or sell a kidney and buy the blue one and keep the pikachu one too XD

"Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes."

Lovely. Now if I transfer I pokemon that is hacked (but I don't know it) I lose all my pokemon.

Of course, they won't give me my money back....

The official site has also confirmed that the Kanto starters gets new abilities in their mega forms:

Mega Venusaur: Thick Fat

Mega Charizard: Drought

Mega Blastoise: Mega Launcher (Boosts the power of pulse-related moves like water pulse and dark pulse)

Starter evos might be in CoroCoro or they may choose to wait to reveal those.
I have a hard time deciding which of the Kanto starters' mega formes I like best. They seemed to go for simple designs that didn't alter the Kanto starters too much, and I pretty much like all of them, with Venusaur and Charizard being my favorites. I need to get used to Blastoise's new design.

Mega Blastoise has a new ability: Mega Launcher.

Edit: Mega Launcher makes moves such as Water Pulse and Dark Pulse stronger.

Mega Venusaur has increased defensive stats while Mega Charizard has a significantly increased Special Attack.

If it finally gets Dragon as its secondary type, I don't think anyone'll mind that the only difference is it's more raggedy and it grew back the horn it had as a Charmeleon.
And the moment I post this the site updates. Really missed opportunity here, and not making Blastoise Water/Steel. Sure, "muh Emoleon," but thematically it would have made quite a bit of sense, especially with the extra arm cannons. I guess they figured changing types would be stepping on too many toes, as opposed to creating reinvented forms.

Mega Blastoise has a new ability: Mega Launcher. Wonder what that does.

It boosts the power of pulse-related moves like water pulse.

Also, Charizard still being Fire/Flying is a good thing, if anything. It is a shame Mega Blastoise isn't Water/Steel or Water/Rock, though.

So Stealth Rock is still going to make Charizard his b*tch even in Mega form...ok.

"Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes."

Lovely. Now if I transfer I pokemon that is hacked (but I don't know it) I lose all my pokemon.

How so? The way I understood that is that you simply won't be able to transfer illegal Pokémon into the Bank, not that they won't let you use the Bank at all if you happen to try doing that.

No, you won't be able to transfer hacked Pokemon into the bank. There's nothing there about losing all your other Pokemon.

Thick Fat on Venusaur is a really useful ability. There go two of its weaknesses.

No, you won't be able to transfer hacked Pokemon into the bank. There's nothing there about losing all your other Pokemon.
As in if I transfer a hacked pokemon, they'll ban me from it and not let me use it at all.

Thick Fat Venusaur

Drought Charizard

Mega Launcher Blastoise

Hell yeah

Well, Blastoise's probably sucks

The Pokemon Bank sounds awesome. Can't wait to use it. And I'm not concerned about the annual fee.

As for the Megas, I like 'em, especially after seeing their official artwork.

As in if I transfer a hacked pokemon, they'll ban me from it and not let me use it at all.
You won't be able to deposit any hacked Pokémon, it's as simple as that.

The site says that there will be a free trial period for Pokemon Bank right after X and Y launch, so if all you want it for is to transfer your gen V pokemon, you can do that for free, sounds like.

Well , I guess it obvious that Kalo starter will also have megevolutionary form !
And If Ruby & Sapphire gets a remake that Sceptile & Swarmpert will also get their own Megevolutionary form .

Back
Top Bottom