• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Direct (June 6th)

Have some Ultra screenshots guys:

USUM1.png
USUM2.png
USUM3.png
USUM4.png
USUM5.png
USUM6.png
USUM7.png

As someone who will be waiting a while to get a Switch, I'm very pleased that they didn't split up gen VII by putting Ultra Sun/Moon on there. I enjoyed Sun a lot, so I'm looking forward to seeing some new content in Alola, especially since it was such a cohesive, unique region. please add better clothing options beyond just tank-tops

That said, I'm kinda sad now though since this means that X/Y were the only main series games to not get a 3rd version or sequel. Which sucks since I absolutely loved Y version - it ended up being one of my faves after HeartGold and/or Crystal and Platinum - and would've really liked to get another Kalos adventure. Oh well, I guess.

I might be most excited for the G/S VC releases though lol. Gold and Silver (and Crystal) are the games that are most special to my heart despite having started with Yellow, and the Johto region and its Pokemon are easily my favorite, so I can't wait to play through them again. I've been hoping they'd rerelease these ever since R/B/Y got put on the VC.

Also, forgot to add: a big F*** YOU to Eurogamer for scaring the shit out of me that the next game would be on Switch...

Eurogamer thought me a lesson though. Never fully believe leaks Most are always not true. Glad I never fully believed the fake leak.

I think Lycanroc is getting a new form, seeing that Midday Lycanroc jumps, and guess what lands? The Ultra Solgaleo! So, I think Lycanroc is in for a new form.

Interesting that Generation 2's VC releases are just Gold and Silver. I won't be surprised if it's due to Crystal's superior features (animated Pokemon, for one) over both games that made Crystal miss out on it. If the transferred Pokemon retains their Hidden Ability, this means that we don't need to use the Dream Radar to get Regenerator Ho-oh and Multiscale Lugia, which is a huge plus!

The Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is an interesting case, because we don't know for sure how the story is going to be altered, but I have a feeling that it's going to be part-sequel, part-remake. If Stars were to be true, I guess we won't be getting it this year.

Pokken Tournament seems like it's an OK game to get the "Deluxe" treatment, given that it's an online game, with the features catching up with the arcade. As for me, I will wait for a second-hand copy if available (like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe) since I have the original.

Thanks for reading.

I'm mildly interested, if only because the description of USUM being an "alternate story" suggests to me that it may be quite different from your usual third version.

That said, Ultragaleo and Ultranala look viciously ugly. EDIT: Slightly better in the official artwork, but still not very good. Then again, nothing associated with Necrozma would...

And I imagine that Crystal wasn't bundled with the other two because it's so painfully the superior game. They didn't want GS to look bad by comparison. :p That's what I'm choosing to believe, anyway. But also, may justice be done at a later date.

I'm probably missing out on it since personal expenses. I'd rather be able to play Gen 8 than spending my time playing (nice but) outdated games lol

But I'll try to take this gracefully and hope the new forms are available in the Switch games or something.

EDIT: Am I the only one who likes the Ultra Forms?

I wonder if USM will basically just be dual third versions or something more than that. I'd be nice if they featured a completely different story with more focus on the Ultra Space and Ultra Beasts.

I wonder if they literally meant new Pokémon that haven't appeared in Sun and Moon before. If Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will have completely new Pokémon, then this may well be Generation 7.5.
Don't get your hopes up since they called black kyurem, white kyurem and unbound hoopa new pokemon before

I'm going to hold off buying GS and wait for Crystal instead.

If it really is down to the superior features that sucks why not just charge $1 more for Crystal or something.

Yellow was vastly superior to Red and Blue yet still came out along with the others

Back
Top Bottom