• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon emerald gym leader rematches

MistyBrockAsh

Reaction score
in pokemon emerald you can go back and challenge the gym leaders. when can yyou do this?
what part of the game do you have to get past?
how many times can you challenge them?
once you rematch them once when can you do it again

Why don't you just use the Simple Questions thread for something this trivial?

when can yyou do this?

Like all trainer rematches, when there is a little sqare Pokeball symbol beside their name in the Pokenav.

what part of the game do you have to get past?

You have to beat the Elite 4.

how many times can you challenge them?

Their team changes up to five times I believe. I'm not sure if you can rematch them after the last upgrade since I have never played long enough for that to happen, or I have not payed attention.

once you rematch them once when can you do it again

The same way you can have another rematch with any other trainer registered in the Pokenav. When the little square Pokeball symbol appears.

Uhhh... Check your pokenav. If they have the battle signs next to them you can battle them again. i think the teams change ther more you battle.

i hate to bring this up again but i made it to the battle frontier and the gym leaders still do not want a rematch. what do i have to do to make them want to rematch me

Run around in circles. Face other people. Do stuff BESIDES waiting on them. The game clock sucks and there's no Vs. Seeker. What do you wanna rematch for so badly, anyway?

After you defeat the Pokemon League Champion. Which would be Wallace. He's tough. Trust me. Took me five times to beat him AND the Elite Four. The gym leaders will be ready to be challenged again on their own accord. But you will know by looking in your pokenav and looking at Trainer's eyes. Just keep looking. They'll be ready when they want to be.

Oh yeah! And they will be tougher than before. Like they will have pokemon that they didn't have the first time you challenged them. I had Raquaza when I had a rematch with them, so it was kind of a breeze.

I've been just battling the trainers around Mauville City the place with the north, south, east, and west intersection and then one leader would have the poke ball symbol next to them but in my opinion I think the Hoenn gym leader battle music was WAY better than the Sinnoh battle music the gyms and elite 4 battles are just a similar tune except the Elite 4 music is lower than the gym battle

Be warned. They're substantially stronger. Especially during the later matches.

Walking seems to be the most important factor. The internal clock is a little temperamental. Battle everyone else first.

If you didn't know much about this tidbit, then you should know that certain trainers have steal-able items held by their Pokémon.

You can re-match said trainers.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom