• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Endless Desert Fakedex

Board

Level 80 Lurker (Elite)
Reaction score
So I was bored this past week, and decided to make a few fakemons:

turboil.jpg

Turboil
Sea Turtle Pokemon
Fire/Water type *gasp*

I decided I wanted to make an extremely unique Pokemon when I first started drawing Turboil. I knew I wanted to make a fire/water type, but didn't know how it would look, so I drew a picture of what I might want and scrapped it. For it's design, I wanted it to look like something that combined water and heat, a hot tub, and I knew I wanted it to have a shell of some sort, so I made it a turtle.

The story behind it is that it has a gland in it's body that generates fire, like most other fire types, and it happens to be under the hole in the shell, and it uses this to boil the fish it wants to eat to kill it. Instead of finding a hot spring, most trainers just catch a Turboil and use the hole in it's shell as a hot tub to relax after a long day of battling Pokemon.

The name came from when I combined turtle and boil, and the look on his face makes him seem likes he's in constant turmoil.

turboil-evo.jpg

Turboil's evolution
Boiling Pokemon
Fire/Water type

Turboil's evolution seems a lot closer to my original design. I wanted something that looked like a Plesiosaur but also retained the turtle look, similar to Lapras. As you can obviously tell by the picture, it's a predator, and swims under it's prey to kill it then eats it. Trainers also use it like Turboil as a hot tub to relax in, luckily the pokemon will take you out if it thinks you've been in there to long.

Yet to be named, but if you have a suggestion, feel free to post it.

fightingfossil.jpg

Unnamed fossil Pokemon
Iguana Pokemon (top) and Tyrannosaurus Pokemon (bottom)
Rock type (maybe another?)

The top Pokemon is based off an Iguanadon with Iguana like traits, such as the skin that hangs off it's neck and the frill under it's chin and on top of it's nose. It walks on all fours and usually just walks around slothfully, eating leaves and grass in the prehistoric forests.

The bottom Pokemon is obviously based off a Tyrannosaurus, and even though it doesn't look like it in the picture, it's big, really big. It's a carnivore, and hunts other Pokemon in the prehistoric forests, and was one of the big predators, though it used it's hands a lot in order to grab it's prey instead of it's gigantic maw.

poisonfossil.jpg

Unnamed fossil Pokemon
Poison Shell Pokemon and Anklyosaur Pokemon
Rock/Posion Type

The bottom Pokemon is based off of an enemy from Metroid Prime that only has two legs, but instead of an ice shell, I gave it an Anklyosaur shell and poison spines. It's a carnivore and feeds on creatures smaller than itself, and would also leave poisoned scratches on trees to mark it's territory.

The top Pokemon is based off an Anklyosaur with a more dog like twist to it's body. It is also a carnivore, and injects it's prey with venom from it's tail. If a Pokemon or person walking by happens to be cut by one of it's spikes, they would be seriously poisoned and need to seek medical attention. It would also mark it's territory by rubbing against trees with it's spikes.

These are only 6, if I get bored, I might make more. Please comment, and feel free to come up with names for the ones that don't already have them.

Turboil reminds me of Great A'Tuin. That said, it's nice to see some dinosaur Pokémon. They're all very well drawn and quite original. I'd say that I like Turboil's evolution the best. Well done.

Turboil reminds me of a sea dwelling Camerupt or Torkoal almost, nice work!

Ok, so I made some more, and came up with a name, so here we go!

eaugly.jpg

Eaugly
Goose Pokemon
Water/Flying type

The story behind this little guy is that I was rollerblading to go get a slurpee when I turned to the lake to my left and saw a lot of geese, which made me think about the lack of water fowl pokemon, so I made one. The name comes from a mix of the French word for water, eau and ugly. It's pronounced Oh-gly.

This pokemon lives in a more northern climate and travels south in the winter, it primarily stays near fresh water sources, though they have been seen near puddles. This pokemon's green and blue pattern isn't considered very appealing to many trainers, but the mix of water and flying abilities, as well as being a powerful combatant, more than make up for it.

belleswan.jpg

Belleswan
Swan Pokemon
Water/Flying type

I'm sure many of you were wondering why I chose a portmanteau of eau and ugly, well this is the reason. I got the idea from the story of the ugly duckling, something that was unappealing and hated turned into something beautiful with time and nurturing.

Belleswan is one of the more sought after Pokemon in this region, and one of the main reasons people capture an Eaugly. It's white and black color scheme make women swoon and men quiver, though it may look frail, it is actually a powerful fighter and will fight for it's baby Eauglies until it's final breath.

sombreon.jpg

Sombreon
Spirit Fox Pokemon
Ghost type

I decided that there needed to be another Eevee evolution for what I thought was a special type, but later found out (thanks Misty) that it was a physical type pre-D/P, but whatever.

An Eevee evolves into a Sombreon when it faints in a Graveyard and has tremendous amounts of respect and love for it's trainer, and comes back as the Ghost type Sombreon. Sombreon's mane is mainly comprised of a ghostly fire, as many people associate fire with spirits, though the fire doesn't burn itself or the trainer. Sombreon can faze in and out of the material plane and it does in fact have a material body.

littad.jpg

Littad
Tadpole Pokemon
Fire type

Woo, the fire starter for this region.

Littad is a like a tadpole, except instead of residing in water, it makes it's life in the magma under the earth, feeding on partially formed crystals and stones and absorbing their nutrients in it's body. It is also quite a bit larger than a tadpole. Littad uses many of the nutrients to grow it's body, but some are also used to create fire in the gland in it's body.

ignitoad.jpg

Ignitoad
Fire Frog Pokemon
Fire/Poison type

Ignitoad is frog pokemon that lives wherever it feels like, but can usually be found near active volcanoes. This pokemon has two small glands for generating poison and fire in the bottom of it's massive maw, and can use both simultaneously or separately. It's a carnivore, and hunts down insects or slightly smaller rodents using a mix of poison and fire.

exploadet.jpg

Exploadet
Poison Tank Pokemon
Fire/Poison type

Exploadet is several times larger than it's pre-evolution. It houses it's venom is a giant tank on it's back, as it's venom is highly flammable. It hops around on it's massive legs grabbing the larger insects and even some large foul. It first injects them with poison from two fangs inside it's gaping maw and slowly roasts their body inside it's mouth.

I hope you all enjoyed my latest additions, I'll be back with some more.

Thanks to the six image limit, I had to make to posts, sorry...

spiron.jpg

Spiron
Shrub Pokemon
Grass type

Grass type starter.

Large herds of Spiron usually mean the coming of spring. The pokemon itself is a large dish shape that houses dirt and it catches the seeds of plants to house on it's back. The plants bring small bugs to it which it uses as a source of food, and it offers the plant protection and water. Spiron itself is quite small, so it can only hold the smallest of bushes.

sumythril.jpg

Sumythril
Great Carrier Pokemon
Grass/Steel type

When Spiron finally evolves into Sumythril, it kills the bush on it's back to allow something bigger to grow, which in turn get Sumythril larger prey. It's carapace becomes as hard as steel, in order to protect the tree's delicate root system. Sumythril feeds on birds, larger intects, and small game, like Buneary, Rattatta, and Pikachu.

autumantium.jpg

Autumantium
Rusted Shell Pokemon
Grass/Steel type

As a Sumythril gets older, it's hard metal shell begins to rust and poison the tree, slowly killing it. When it evolves, the tree turns into a charred and rotten totem to what it used to be. Many pokemon still go to reside on the back of Autumantium, though it quickly devours them. In the past, when Autumantium would pass someone by, it was a sign of a bad omen.

I love these ideas, they are new and creative, some of the images strike me as odd, but definetly a good basis to start with... love it

constructive criticism if you mind.... On Turboil's evolution... i think the head looks too small for the neck it is attached too. Maybe its just me. i think if you put some spirit fire eyebrows on Sombreon, it would spice it up a bit. With Exploadet maybe if you made the tank on top like a big lava rock cannon, it could shoot flames from the front and leak poison gas as a result would make for some good fire and poison combo attacks, or another idea if you made it shoot poison from the cannon and spit fire from its mouth it would be like spraying hair-spray into an open flame, in the effect of creating a large ball of fire. These are just ideas, maybe i got carried away

Back
Top Bottom