• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Actually, if I remember correctly, Ash-Greninja was made because Greninja as a species was so popular, not the other way around.

It came about because the XY director wanted to do something special with Greninja. So they went to GF, who designed Ash-Greninja.

Its time for a bold prediction: Ash's Lucario will be the only Lucario which will evolve ones more into a brand new Pokemon. No Gigantamax or Mega Evolution, but a very rare evolution which Ash and Lucario unlock. This could be a very interesting story, similar yet different to the Greninja Arc
I don't know if they would create an entire Pokemon just for the anime.

I’m sorry but this is kind of stupid. Greninja is pokemon of the year BECAUSE of Ash greninja. It wouldn’t be pokemon of the year without the anime portrayal of it. While there is no way to prove this, it is just pretty self explanatory. I never said that people have to like ash-greninja, I just stated it was popular due to being half the form of the pokemon of the year. I feel like the fandom sometimes just go out of their way to bash on every ace for taking too much screentime or being bland or what not.

Why are people still spreading this exaggeration? Sure you can argue to some extent that Ash's Greninja helped the species get more popular but claiming that Greninja won the poll only because of Ash-Greninja's existence is so wrong. Greninja was already incredibly popular back in Generation 6 even before Ash had his own Greninja which is why the regular Greninja was added as a character in SSB4 in 2014 like a year before Ash-Greninja even existed.

Also there's no mass conspiracy against the frog - some of us just aren't fans of it and we're a little tired of people trying to shove him back into the picture by using merch scans as evidence even though not every Greninja toy that gets released is meant to signify his return.

If they want to create a new Pokemon or a new form, they need Game Freak.
Yeah. I do believe that Ash-Greninja was created due to the fact that Diancie was the only Kalos Pokemon that got a Mega Evolution. Additionally, I think that Ash will use other G-Max forms besides G-Max Pikachu, and that Sirfetch'd won't be his only Galar Pokemon.

They should of just given Kalos Pokémon like the starters Mega Evolutions from the beginning. I know it was to make older Pokémon more relevant, but I’m glad they didn’t make the same mistake with Galar. If Greninja had a Mega Evolution from the beginning, it would’ve been much more believable.

Though, Regional Variants help with making older Pokémon more relevant now so they can make room for the newer Pokémon to have the new gimmick.

Why are people still spreading this exaggeration? Sure you can argue to some extent that Ash's Greninja helped the species get more popular but claiming that Greninja won the poll only because of Ash-Greninja's existence is so wrong. Greninja was already incredibly popular back in Generation 6 even before Ash had his own Greninja which is why the regular Greninja was added as a character in SSB4 in 2014 like a year before Ash-Greninja even existed.

Also there's no mass conspiracy against the frog - some of us just aren't fans of it and we're a little tired of people trying to shove him back into the picture by using merch scans as evidence even though not every Greninja toy that gets released is meant to signify his return.
It’s not an exaggeration if it’s true. Without Ash greninja, greninja popularity would be the same as cinderace or maybe a bit more popular. Cinderace didn’t even make top 10. Let’s be honest to ourselves, do you think that greninja would of been made pokemon of the year if there was no such thing as ash-greninja? No, absolutely not it probably would have been charizard, lucario, or some other popular pokemon that had special treatment. Most likely without Ash’s form it would be lucky to make top 10. The form definitely made it win the poll even though it was an already popular pokemon. It really pushed it over the top to become pokemon of the year. Also the fandom hates whatever ace ash has so i stick my statement

It’s not an exaggeration if it’s true. Without Ash greninja, greninja popularity would be the same as cinderace or maybe a bit more popular. Cinderace didn’t even make top 10.
Have you considered the fact that, maybe, just maybe Cinderace didn’t make it to the top 10 because the vast majority of people who use Google didn’t even know Cinderace existed? It was literally a few months old at most.

Also the fandom hates whatever ace ash has so i stick my statement
90% of the fandom positively gushes about Ash's Charizard, Infernape and Sceptile. What are you on about?

Have you considered the fact that, maybe, just maybe Cinderace didn’t make it to the top 10 because the vast majority of people who use Google didn’t even know Cinderace existed? It was literally a few months old at most.
Yes and no, a better comparison would of been infernape actually. Infernape didn’t get a special form and looked like it didn’t end up as pokemon of the year.

90% of the fandom positively gushes about Ash's Charizard, Infernape and Sceptile. What are you on about?
My bad when i say fandom, these forums and serebii constantly bash onto ash aces for taking too much screentime and what not. Not the whole fandom but these these two forums. Plus don’t even get me started on charizard, it gets so much hate for being a fan-favorite/overrated

My bad when i say fandom, these forums and serebii constantly bash onto ash aces for taking too much screentime and what not. Not the whole fandom but these these two forums
It’s not bashing when there are legitimate reasons for criticism. Taking away from screentime is a legitimate criticism. And you can do an ace without those issues.

I also don't know why they would do that as they could just give him Mega Lucario. Ash-Greninja was only created because the only Kalos Pokemon that could Mega Evolve was a Mythical.
I also don’t think they will do that. Just pointing out that it wouldn’t be the first time if they did.

Since Grookey has been saved for last out of the Galarian Starters which trainer will catch it? Ash, Go, Koharu, TR, etc. Who will it be?

I'm just gonna insert what I posted in the Evolution/Capture/Release thread a while back:
Since Grookey suddenly became a bit of a topic, I decided to do a little something with an old meme (hidden because of large image)
To answer the question seriously... to be honest I have no idea what to think on this, since I can easily see Grookey be caught by any of the main characters: Ash still has one open slot in his team, and Grookey feels like the most apt Galar Pokemon to fill the spot, since it'd be strange if Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd was the only Gen 8 Pokemon he caught; Goh already has the other two Galar starters, so it'd make sense for him to catch Grookey and complete the trio; and if Chloe is finally going to become a travelling companion, I could see her battling and catching Grookey as a step forward for her character.

Goh will get Grookey. At this point, its just to late for Ash to get it. We are already 55 episodes in (Without the hiatus we would be around 70 episodes in) at the end of 2020. The latest Ash has gotten a starter, was in D/P in episode 52. However, there are different circumstances. Chimchar was owned and trained by Paul previously (And as such already had some battle experience) and it was a Badge Quest and Ash only had 2 gym badges before Chimchar joined his team (Chimchar was also his third mon - fourth if you count Aipom).

However, this time, there is no badgequest and its likely they will accelerate Ash being in Super Rank for no so long anymore, because they already are doing the Darkest Day arc. Grookey will need to compete with a shillmon (Lucario) and three fully evolved mons (Maybe four if Galarfetch'd evolves before Grookey becomes a thing in general) in terms of battling screentime and as such its expected that it performs instantly, since we are most likely in Hyper Rank already by that time.

At this point, its just unlikely Ash will get Grookey.

Agreed. Grookey isn't going to stand out more than Cinderace or Lucario, so giving it to Ash would be rather pointless. I expect Ash's next capture to be either fully evolved or Meltan-like.

I need to see what's going on with Chloe before deciding if Grookey is better off with her than Go.

Back
Top Bottom