• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

As for PokéRinger, I don't mind if it appears again as long as the outcome isn't the same as the last two. It's quite fun seeing the aerial fights and it gives the birds some screentime. Honestly, don't care if Hatoboh evolves and if it doesn't win, meh, as long as it doesn't lose horribly and gets some attention I'm content.

Aaaaw I like Pokéringer too, but I agree it doesn't have to have an evo attached to it. It's gonna be really hard to top the last one too, since it also played in the Ash/Paul rivalry. Though, I hope the writers give some battles to Hatoboh and make it evolve another way besides Pokéringer. Sadly, I think it'll probably not happen. Hatoboh will probably evolve right before the 6th gym and get what'll sadly be its only gym battle there... :disgust:

Pokeringer sounds too good to not happen...I mean, they specifically make note in the Dex how Ash's female Unfezant will be a better flyer than Trip's male one, so I can imagine Ash's Tranquil evolving against Trip's then-Unfenzat in a Pokeringer competition and snagging the win due to its increased speed.

There could be a Pokeringer in Isshu but modified differently. This will probably bring a rivalry between Ash and Shooti's Hatooboh, battle of the sexes maybe. Sounds interesting to me.

While I would prefer Ash's bird Pokemon evolve differently than the last two times, if there has to be a Pokeringer competition here's what I'm hoping to see:

1, Ash should beat Trip

2. If Ash has to lose, let it be from a legendary Pokeringer competitor. Hell I'd be fine if it was Skyla who beat Ash. Although him winning would prove that he really is a prodigy at it.

3. Evolve the Pokemon differently. I want Ash to have the disadvantage at first against Trip (probably who already has an Unfezant), so I would like it if Tranquil got a nice clean cut in and did a similar thing as it did when Pidove evolved. Being happy or in this case "showing off her muscles" in a threatening way. If Tranquill has to evolve to overcome something like Taillow and Staravia did I'll be disappointed.

Ash's next evo will probably be the bug again, no reason to hold it off.

Agreed, it will be hard to make screen time for Swadloon, like May and Jessie'd Silcoon and Cascoon that did nothing and still took 10 eps to evolve, however it can't be as quick as Metapod, BW30 mabye?

speaking of the bird i really hope we don't have ANOHTER pokeringer contest, seriously two is enough.

Disagree, If they do somthing different Skyla particapates, Tranquill not evolving, heck, don't even focus this on Ash. Make it a Cilan vs Carbenet ep

Ash could do well but be defeated by Carabenet's .... Mandibuzz ? then in the finals Cilan defeats her

He need's a flying tye first, Swanna ?

Agreed, it will be hard to make screen time for Swadloon, like May and Jessie'd Silcoon and Cascoon that did nothing and still took 10 eps to evolve, however it can't be as quick as Metapod, BW30 mabye?

Disagree, If they do somthing different Skyla particapates, Tranquill not evolving, heck, don't even focus this on Ash. Make it a Cilan vs Carbenet ep

Ash could do well but be defeated by Carabenet's .... Mandibuzz ? then in the finals Cilan defeats her

He need's a flying tye first, Swanna ?
nah, if cabernet were to use mandibuzz, then cilan should pack a wargle

nah, if cabernet were to use mandibuzz, then cilan should pack a wargle

No, Braviary is too macho. I would, too, go with Swanna. It's either her, or Sigilyph. Also, If a trainer has a version exclusive, that doesn't mean a rival has the other, as with the case of Ash and Donphan.
Also, I think Snivy might evolve around BW035, because she's not really getting enough screentime, as was the case with Pidove before BW022. Also Tepig at BW047, Clay time, evolving to face Excadrill?

No, Braviary is too macho. I would, too, go with Swanna. It's either her, or Sigilyph. Also, If a trainer has a version exclusive, that doesn't mean a rival has the other, as with the case of Ash and Donphan.
Also, I think Snivy might evolve around BW035, because she's not really getting enough screentime, as was the case with Pidove before BW022. Also Tepig at BW047, Clay time, evolving to face Excadrill?

The promotional poster for the first Unova movie has been released, and it shows all three starters still in their first forms. Therefore, I think it's unlikely Snivy will be evolving anytime soon. Also, I personally wouldn't want it to evolve due to a lack of screen time; to fix that, it should get more screen time. Evolution should be built up through training, battles, and development.

I can't see Tepig facing another gym leader quite so soon after having already been in the first three in a row. I hope it lets Ash's other Pokémon have a chance to shine before participating in another.

Yeah, the starters definitely aren't evolving for a while. I wonder which one will evolve first? Probably Snivy. On the topic of evolving, I don't think Iris Axew is going to evolve for a LONG time, despite its dream of becoming an Haxorus. It will be like Piplup, and stay in its first form (unwillingly). :look:

I wonder which one will evolve first? Probably Snivy. On the topic of evolving, I don't think Iris Axew is going to evolve for a LONG time, despite its dream of becoming an Haxorus. It will be like Piplup, and stay in its first form (unwillingly). :look:
The lunchbox or whatever that is says otherwise. Probably won't be happening til after July since Axew's in promotions for the movie. It will be weird though to see how they handle that. They definitely got into a rhythm with Piplup of the secondary mascot always out and being carried around, but it's not that easy for Iris to carry around a Fraxure in her hair, and having it just walk alongside the group would seem weird. It'll be a big change, that's for sure.

Given BW's fast pacing, I'd say the starters should start evolving after the movie and/or the 4th Gym.

Ash will catch Emolga and it'll replace Pikachu xD

LOL

LOL, that would be something. I swear, Pichu, Plusle and Minun, Pachirusu, and Emolga are all the same frickn thing! If Ash replaced Pikachu with emolga I doubt anyone in the anime would notice lol :spin:

^ Your signature is awesome dude lol.

It's quite obvious that Bianca is gonna catch Emolga, her team is pretty decent so far. I hope she appears often, and is a rival to Ash, they can battle at a few points, and maybe even the league, if we're lucky.

Once again the writers pull a Buizel on us and have a character we didn't expect to catch the pokemon ending up getting it.

Oh well, people can finally stop complaining that Iris can't battle or doesn't have any pokemon to use.

With that said, I guess that the Emolga that was featured on the merchandise for the movie belonged to a main character after all. It's good to see we finally have confirmation on that matter.

I kind of didn't really want Iris to catch a Pikaclone like Dawn did, but I hope that it has a unique personality and suits her.

Pachirisu wasn't used that much as a Pika-clone, probably because we always had Piplup shoved down our throats.

Pachi really didn't get as much showcasing as you would have thought.

What's most likely to happen:

Pikachu
Pidove->Tranquill->Unfezant
Oshawott->Dewott->Samurott
Tepic->Pignite->Emboar
Snivy->Servine->Serperior
Sewaddle->Swadloon->Leavanny
Scraggy->Scrafty
Krookodile (evolves fully before Ash captures it so it's not more "Ash" evolutions)

And what I'd like Ash to get (some combination, if not all, of these three)(these are the ones that I'm not predicting, but would like to have Ash catch, the ones listed above are what's really likely to happen):

Cubchoo, Pawniard, Deino

Back
Top Bottom