• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

You know I just realized something when Ash caught Palpitoad and unless something happens later on if he get's traded or something I don't know. Well anyways we all asked ourselves if he would of captured Archen which he didn't but what we should of ask was if he would capture Tirtouga I mean if there is a turtle around ash is going to capture it! But this ties into the problem mention earlier he already has two water types he doesn't need three. So I hope this theory to be correct so here it goes we now ash captured Palpitoad on a whim but what if wasn't just that maybe he plans to give to Shooti? I mean he wanted on and as a thanks for bringing up the Aqua jet problem he might give it to him, I mean it's a big if but it would work, and this leaves up open for a new water-type and since the pattern of Ash always capturing the Turtle (Squirtle, Torkoal, and Torterra). So opinions?

Ash catch turtles, with legs. He has not seen a tortoise. There is a difference between a turtle and a tortoise, that a tortoise lives in the sea, while a turtle can walk in land. I think the difference is not much, but it might be enough for him to not catch it.

Ash catch turtles, with legs. He has not seen a tortoise. There is a difference between a turtle and a tortoise, that a tortoise lives in the sea, while a turtle can walk in land. I think the difference is not much, but it might be enough for him to not catch it.

They're both reptiles with shells. I don't think it matters whether it can swim or not.

They're both reptiles with shells. I don't think it matters whether it can swim or not.

It might not be the shell that makes the difference, but the flippers instead of legs. The only Pokemon with flippers Ash caught is Lapras, which he released back in the orange islands. Ash has not caught a sea base Pokemon since, which means one who has to stay in water. Squirtle, Kingler, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel and Oshawott all can walk on land, which also might hurt Tortouga.

It might not be the shell that makes the difference, but the flippers instead of legs. The only Pokemon with flippers Ash caught is Lapras, which he released back in the orange islands. Ash has not caught a sea base Pokemon since, which means one who has to stay in water. Squirtle, Kingler, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel and Oshawott all can walk on land, which also might hurt Tortouga.

Hey, it's the anime, I'm sure they can find a way to get it moving on land. They might just ignore it altogether or give it a move that can allow it overcome this weakness (Aqua Jet?) or just have it evolve quickly.

Hey, it's the anime, I'm sure they can find a way to get it moving on land. They might just ignore it altogether or give it a move that can allow it overcome this weakness (Aqua Jet?) or just have it evolve quickly.

I still do not think it be done, which will be his 3rd water Pokemon and 2nd rock Pokemon.

Like I said him catching Palpitoad screwed up with pattern and him having 3 Water types is not needed that why I suggested trade or gift for Shooti since he wanted one

tirtouga is not a tortoise he is a sea turtle, and anything related to either or Ash has caught. the walking on land argument is not working because its evolution can walk like blastoise can. if he trades palpitoad or gets rid of it and can corral a tirtouga i think it would change the whole outlook of the series

I'm with sontoriginyu on this one. It's not impossible for Satoshi to capture a fossil pokémon, but still, I don't think he'll get the turtle because he's already got Mijumaru, Gamagaru and Dangoro to cover whatever the turtle could bring to Satoshi's team.

I don't see Satoshi getting another water type since he's already got two of them in his roster; three waters is a bit much imo. It's still entirely possible that he'd end up trading Gamagaru for Purotoga, though... in fact, that's probably something I'd like to happen, since I believe the latter fits him more than the former. Though at the same time, I question the possibilities since a Pokemon like that seems limited in battle capacity because it probably can't effectively battle on land.

Granted it would be nice to see how Satoshi would work with a Pokemon like that, especially when you remember his troubles with Naetle's speed when it evolved.

I don't see Satoshi getting another water type since he's already got two of them in his roster; three waters is a bit much imo. It's still entirely possible that he'd end up trading Gamagaru for Purotoga, though... in fact, that's probably something I'd like to happen, since I believe the latter fits him more than the former. Though at the same time, I question the possibilities since a Pokemon like that seems limited in battle capacity because it probably can't effectively battle on land.

Granted it would be nice to see how Satoshi would work with a Pokemon like that, especially when you remember his troubles with Naetle's speed when it evolved.

thats what i was trying to say

323472290.jpg

Anybody think the bug/grass next to Luke is suspicious? Maybe Satoshi's Kurumayu evolves and gets released to go to Luke...

323472290.jpg

Anybody think the bug/grass next to Luke is suspicious? Maybe Satoshi's Kurumayu evolves and gets released to go to Luke...

I would like to see Swadloon evolve, but I think its probably another trainer's.

Also I really think you are dreaming with Ash releasing it, I know you really don't like it but I seriously doubt it will happen. And who knows maybe it will show off personality as a Leavanny and you will come to like it more.

I don't know... We've seen Burgh, than this one... what's so special about Ash's anymore? Maybe they're advertising Kurumayu a lot because it'll remain a Kurumayu, or maybe they'll leave it with Luke. I'd like that.

As for idea that it'll be interesting once it evolves, meh. I don't believe it will. If the writers didn't give it a personality until now, I don't see what they'd wait around to do so after it evolves.

Back
Top Bottom