• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Re: Captures, evolutions and releases.

What's the problem with Dawn getting a Treeko?
Well , Another Snivy make's a better choice since she is a Coordinator !
After all , Serperior is best starter for a Coordinator !
I just don't hope she ended up taking Ash's Snivy !
I sometime wish Serperior to have same psychic ability as Milotic to it can float around the Air !
ASH !!!
Get another pokemon for Aerial support !
At least one more who can fly or Float around the Air !
Pretty Please !

If any Hoenn Starter needs to be captured, it's Mudkip, since it got significantly less than Torchic and Treecko.

And if, heaven-forbid, Ash gets Eevee, I'd like it to evolve into Flareon for Ash's "second" Fire Pokemon, and it's not as overused as some of the others.

EDIT: Also, I think Stunfisk might become the new Forretress...ALWAYS with Cilan, outliving his Starter Pokemon even, but never actually being used.

For Ash, I can see Palpitoad evolving for one reason or another. Boldore I COULD see evolving, but trade evolution was already covered, so I'm afraid seeing this happen would be more of the same. I'm hoping Scraggy can get some more development - at least one more battle with Axew, before evolving, which in turn, would act as motivation for Axew to do the same. Pignite could go either way, but I'd rather have it stay the same.

Best case scenario, Iris "releases" Excadrill to protect the Dragon Village from one thing or another, sort of like Bulbasaur. I'd rather have her get the hairballs out of ol' Axew than have her catch a new dragon.

And since everyone loves Cilan, he could be assigned whatever non-Unova Pokémon the writers decide they want to hype up. The honey-gathering Combee seems right up his alley, but it HAS to be female.

I'd also like to see Cynthia with another one of her game Pokémon. Lucario is an easy pick.

If any Hoenn Starter needs to be captured, it's Mudkip, since it got significantly less than Torchic and Treecko.

And if, heaven-forbid, Ash gets Eevee, I'd like it to evolve into Flareon for Ash's "second" Fire Pokemon, and it's not as overused as some of the others.

EDIT: Also, I think Stunfisk might become the new Forretress...ALWAYS with Cilan, outliving his Starter Pokemon even, but never actually being used.
If Ash get to catch another Kento Fire type then it should be Arcanine !
There no need to waste his Eevee .(If he catch's one )
He's Eevee should evolve into a new Eeveelution from 6Th Generation or A Espion !

For Ash, I can see Palpitoad evolving for one reason or another. Boldore I COULD see evolving, but trade evolution was already covered, so I'm afraid seeing this happen would be more of the same. I'm hoping Scraggy can get some more development - at least one more battle with Axew, before evolving, which in turn, would act as motivation for Axew to do the same. Pignite could go either way, but I'd rather have it stay the same.
Trip's Gurdurr also need's Trade to evolve but it's a Conkeldurr now and it's still on Trip's Procession !
So Ash's Boldore can evolved too without leaving Ash !
Plus , If Ash gonna trade Boldore anyway then he should trade it for a Metagross ! Because-
-Metagross is a Steel/Psychic type and Ash doesn't have ether type !
-Metagross and Gigalith share the same Body Structure ! Both of them are Four legged Spider Shaped pokemon. However Metagross have Stronger type and It can Float around the Air.
Which make Metagross a perfect pokemon for Ash to trade his Boldore with.
Pignite need to evolve because it has the worst design among all 2Nd Stage Starter pokemon !
FYI : Iris don't need to release Excadrill to protect Dragon Village . She can Leave Excadrill to the village Elder or her family in Dragon village !

I know that her village wants Axew to fully evolve, but do you think it'll be awkward that the fact he'll soon be too big to ride in Iris' hair?

tlLxW.jpg

This scan mentions Kanto and Houen Pokemon living in East Isshu. I'd say any captures will just be from those Pokemon.

I don't know about captures, but clearly some Sinnoh Pokémon will be featured early in the season, as evidenced by the poster (Riolu and Combee appear to be wild Pokémon). I don't see why Johto Pokémon would be excluded, especially as that is not the case in the games.

One thing's for sure; if Ash is catching a Pokemon from a previous gen, it'll be one that evolves in the next one. See Aipom and Gligar for previous examples.

I don't know What to discuss here since aren't gonna be any capture and Evolution before BW Season 2 !
There are little chance that ether Krokorok and Palpitoad might evolve in 2 remaining episode .
And BW season 2 has it's own Capture/Evolution/release thread !
So I will go far beybond here !
I'm gonna talk about next series and next Generation here !
If Lucario gain a evolution in Genration 6 then I want Ash catch a riolu and evolve it into Lucarion in season 2 and then take it with him in the next region where it evolve into 6th Generation pokemon !
I would like if Ash catch only one starter here !
If Oshawott doesn't evolve then Ash should catch the water starter !
Ash should have 2 new rival who has 2 other Starter pokemon !
One of them is a cute Girl while another one is a handsome boy and all 3 of them will be same aged !

I'm guessing Pokemon Fan is just saying that because they're showing pics of Wingull, Wailord, Staryu, and Krabby.

We already know that we'll be seeing Remoraid in the Best Wishes preview, for example, and then Combee and Riolu featured on the poster.

This scan mentions Kanto and Houen Pokemon living in East Isshu. I'd say any captures will just be from those Pokemon.

They said that Pokemon from other regions would appear, why would they give Johto & Sinnoh the shaft? Does the anime even know their fans?

They said that Pokemon from other regions would appear, why would they give Johto & Sinnoh the shaft? Does the anime even know their fans?
Their fans are 8, and haven't seen more than half the Pokemon in the anime, so including anything new (old) will be interesting to them.

It could be because Sinnoh and Johto pokes both got the most screentime last saga because of DP and HGSS respectively. Kanto and Hoenn have been on the sidelines since AG ended.

Oshawott MUST evolve! All this neglect by Vanilluxe, Meloetta, Buneary and this Piplup rivalry must give us something great development followed by a UP high evolution! :D
I could see an evolution in the TR vs Meloetta eps! When it tries to save Meloetta! :D

Please writers, let Oshawott go all the way it deserves it so much! I wanna a kick ass Dewott and Samurott!

Last edited:

I just hope that the Magnemite Iris encounters in BW87 won't be a capture.

I'm not really a fan of Magnemite nor its family, but the scan seemed to indicate that the Magnemite will still be hanging around with the gang, which probably means that Iris catches it. As long as it's not the same episode, that is.

Hopefully it's only hanging around for some other reason - giving her that Magnemite will only make her drift further away from her goal. She'll only be closer at becoming a Steel/Electric-type Master if it continues like that.

sVZwo.jpg

Do we know if the Dragonite is in the same episode as the Onix stuff? If so it would explain why the Magnemite is still there, it might follow Iris around.

Back
Top Bottom