• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Re: Captures, evolutions and releases.

Do we know if the Dragonite is in the same episode as the Onix stuff? If so it would explain why the Magnemite is still there, it might follow Iris around.

Nothing indicates that Dragonite or Hydregion will appear in that episode!! And I think there will be a episode that focuses specially on them! This is more about Meloetta and her other forme!
And seems like there is no Meloetta there! at least not in the scan!

Is Dawn gonna catch a new pokemon ?
She didn't caught any pokemon in Hoenn .
I think she might catch atleast one Unova pokemon !

I hope Ash catches that Onix
I hope Iris catches that Magnemite
I hope Dawn captures more Pokemon
I hope Cilan captures more Pokemon
I LOVE when they catch pokemon! The more the merrier :) 1 Big Happy Family!

I hope Ash catches that Onix
I hope Iris catches that Magnemite
I hope Dawn captures more Pokemon
I hope Cilan captures more Pokemon
I LOVE when they catch pokemon! The more the merrier :) 1 Big Happy Family!
-Ash capturing Onix mean he losing Boldore !
-Iris has no need for Magnemite , She should get ether a Flygon or Altaria !
-Dawn should a Unova pokemon that has a great beauty.
-Cilan doesn't need any pokemon , He's not a Battler ,

...no it doesn't.
Especially given that Waruvile and Gamagaru already share a Ground-type and they're both reserves.

I doubt Ash will catch a Onix! Boldore and Onix are to similiar! There is a huge difference between Waruvile and Palpi! Completly different move pool!

And I think this episode is more about Meloetta and here transformation that makes her a catch for TR!

But the Iris Magnemite situation is concerning I hope it's just coincidence! but this is the season of surprises! :D

I doubt Ash will catch a Onix! Boldore and Onix are to similiar!

Because Tsutarja and Kurumiru were so different?

There is a huge difference between Waruvile and Palpi! Completly different move pool!

Both having Ground-type attacks is a similarity, as well as STAB moves of their other type.

That and even though Gantle is on the team, Waruvile still has a powerful Rock-type move in Stone Edge, so its not as if they're particularly restrictive in terms of typed moves. There's really no reason why an Iwark couldn't share moves with the rest of the team. Fukamaru and Goukazaru already did this with Dig in DP.

While I don't really want Satoshi to catch an Iwark, to rule it out because he has a Gantle is absurd.

Eww at the possibility of Satoshi catching an Iwark... I just... this would just be a really uninteresting. Gen I Pokémon are soooooo 1997, they're so yester it's like not even funny. I really don't want Satoshi to catch any Pokémon or Hikari to catch a Pokémon that isn't from Gen V. That being said, I would actually be okay with Dent or Iris catching previous gen Pokémon because it'd make sense they'd be excited about seeing those Pokémon they've most likely never seen. That being said, there's what? 493 pre-gen V pokémon... not Coil, please, there's a lot of great Pokémon for them to catch, but don't give Dent crap. :s

So, as to what I'd like to see. Satoshi catching nothing new, maybe releasing Hahakomori, Gamagaru or Gantle. Dent with an Eevee, an Absol or a Riolu would be cool. Hikari, I think would fit well with either Kojondo, Lepardas or Dredear. Even better... a Washibon that evolves into Wargle to replace Togekiss. XD

Also, looking at the non-legendary Pokémon that will yet have to debut when we reach season 2 (Jalorda, Daikenki, Lepardas, Cinccino, Lanculus, Nutrey, Gigiaru, Shibibeel, Washibon, Wargle, Valchai, Dihead and Sazandora), I can definitely see some of them debuting as evolutions of Pokémon we've already seen like Jalorda being Shooti's, Daikenki being Cabernet's and Cincinno being Bel's. It's also strange to me that a lot of them aren't fully evolved Pokémon so it would be weird seeing them in the League with Satoshi's opponents, so it's weird to think that the League and the Junior Cup won't have that many debuts.

I'd like to see Cilan catch a Gyarados just for the sole reason that it could make for an awesome episode about the Fishing Connoisseur Cilan trying to catch a rampaging Gyarados. A Gyarados would give him a hard time when trying to catch it, but Cilan won't give up due to his pride as a Fishing Connoisseur. Well basically I'd just like to see Cilan catch a Water-type Pokémon from fishing in general so I wouldn't mind what he gets.

Also, I already said this in the other capture thread, but Cilan with a dog-based Pokémon (preferably Growlithe - Arcanine or Poochyena - Mightyena, but I wouldn't mind anything else) and Cilan getting another Grass-type Pokémon because he fits that type well (he was even described as being grass-scented). Heck, I would love it if the writers continue giving Cilan Pokémon which nobody would ever expect him to catch.

A Magnemite joining the team 15 years after it's debut is weird, but I'm not going to lie, it's a Pokemon I'd like to see them handle as a main character.

I'd like to see Cilan catch a Gyarados just for the sole reason that it could make for an awesome episode about the Fishing Connoisseur Cilan trying to catch a rampaging Gyarados. A Gyarados would give him a hard time when trying to catch it, but Cilan won't give up due to his pride as a Fishing Connoisseur. Well basically I'd just like to see Cilan catch a Water-type Pokémon from fishing in general so I wouldn't mind what he gets.
Meh, Gyarados can learn a plethora of Dragon-Type moves and is treated as a faux Dragon-type along with Charizard in most media, so it would be a "slap in the face" to Iris :p

Meh, Gyarados can learn a plethora of Dragon-Type moves and is treated as a faux Dragon-type along with Charizard in most media, so it would be a "slap in the face" to Iris :p
Hey I would accept anything just for the possibility of the Fishing Connoisseur Cilan taking on a Gyarados.

Speaking of Iris: Get another Dragon-type. Miss budding Dragon Master, I would even accept that Dragonite.

I can see Iris getting a non-Unova Dragon type. No guesses on what Ash or Cilan may get, as I'm not too picky on that, but I get see them some previous generation Poke.

I just hope there are no releases.

I hope all characters will get an Onix.

Seriously, what's the big deal with Onix?
Nothing !
People just wanna see Ash traveling with a huge pokemon in his roster since majority of a Series Ash travel with Small pokemon in his Roster !
Anyway ,We can discuss attack here right ! That was said in the Closing Post of the thread ''New Move'' !
So , What Ice type Move Oshawott Should learn ?
After Yesterday's episode , I think Ash should really have a Pokemon with Ice type Move !
I'm surprise that Pignite haven't learn a Fighting type move !
I mean Seriously Pignite!
What your evolution worth for ? Learn a Fighting type move already , you Pig !

...no it doesn't.
Especially given that Waruvile and Gamagaru already share a Ground-type and they're both reserves.
It because Ash got plenty of chance to catch a Onix before but He never shown any interest !
He even encounter a Wild Steelix that can Withstand Fire but he still didn't caught it.
Plus , There is a place near his hometown which was famous for giant Onix ! That where Bruno's train !
But Ash was still uninterested in Capturing those giant Onix even though those Onix were bigger then Average Onix !
But Now , He Suddenly wanna catch One !
Why Writer gonna do it now when he can give Ash a Onix long time age ?
Appropriate Answer-
Because , They are planning on to get rid of Ash's Only Rock type Pokemon , Boldore !
Since It need trade to evolve, Writer probably planning on Ash to trade his Boldore to Someone !
So , They are giving Ash another rock type Pokemon before taking away his Only Rock type pokemon Away !
Thats Why I said !
If Ash gets a Onix then he will lose Boldore !
Because The only reason behind writer to give Ash a Onix now is to take away his Boldore !

Last edited:
Well we still have to see season 3. Which will happen. Probably a journey to the league. Cause there need to be 3 movies. Not 2. Now Palpitoad and Krokorok will probably evolve. If not then he will have Emboar and Serperior.

Expect the Onix-pected, maybe? :lol:

Kidding aside, im really hoping that there'll be no releases, those episodes are way too sad, IMO.

Evolution-wise, i could see a Serperior in Ash's roster before league. Oshawott should have been a Dewott by now if they ever plan on evolving it, heck, i could even imagine a Samurott who lusts on other Pokemon (maybe, a new Brock, and it may be more hilarious if they throw a Max by using either Pignite or Serperiorto kick his ass each time he lusts) but oh, well that can never happen.

Capture. Oh Iris needs another Dragon-type, but i could see a something gimmicky on this. Maybe a Pokemon who's not a dragon at first or a Pokemon which the Anime considers a dragon-type. Horsea, Trapinch, Swablu, Feebas, Treecko, Magikarp (Oh, please! I wanna see a Stunfisk-Magikarp interaction if ever Iris got one), Aerodactyl or SKorupi (ive always thought Drapion as a dragon) comes into mind. With Dawn coming back from Hoenn, i could see a greater chance of them travelling back to Hoenn and Treecko for Iris is highly-possible.

Ash clearly doesn't need another capture, just focus on his team and bring some pre-Unova Pokemon like Gible and Totodile.

Cilan, im not really sure. All i ever wanted for him is a Klink, nothing more.

Satoshi will get one, because he said so in the preview.
Iris will get one, because it's a giant snake and resembling a dragon.
Dent will get one, because it's vaguely resembling a giant, hard as rock sausage.
Hikari will get one, because she's awesome.

Satoshi will get one, because he said so in the preview.
Iris will get one, because it's a giant snake and resembling a dragon.
Dent will get one, because it's vaguely resembling a giant, hard as rock sausage.
Hikari will get one, because she's awesome.
He want one and he get one is two different thing !
Not everyone get's what's he want !

Back
Top Bottom