• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Judging by that poster, it seems that Ash's Froakie will evolve, most likely all the way to Greninja, making him the first Water type that Ash has owned to evolve since none of Ash's previous water types have evolved. I'm actually surprised that Serena's Fennekin is evolving at all, as I was expecting none of her Pokemon to evolve, especially Fennekin since it seemed like she was going to be one of those "cute appeal" Pokemon. Will she evolve all the way to Delphox? Probably not. It seems unlikely Chespin is going to evolve, which is a shame since I really like the Chespin family, though it does seem like it's going to be the "cute appeal" starter this generation.

I do wonder who the Treecko and Rhyhorn belong to, but I'm guessing both are own Serena possibly since Ash already owned a Sceptile and there's no point in owning a second one, and Clemont already has Chespin (which it looks like they don't get along). For Ryhorn, I say Serena will get it because it's known that her mother (in both the games and the anime) rode on them and seems like an inheritance thing.

As for Pokemon not shown, we know Clemont is likely getting a Luxio, which will make it the first full-time Electric type owned by a main character that isn't an electric rodent, and that at least makes sense for Clemont for own, as it would be pointless for an Electric Gym Leader to not own any Electric types beyond a Dedenne. Will Ash get a Goomy though? I'm unsure, since the Goomy episode could be just another "Pokemon of the day" episode, plus it could be owned by any main character, not just Ash in particular.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope that the poster doesn't indicate any new captures. Why would they give the group a Treecko when we already had Sceptile in AG? Mudkip should have been the obvious choice over the other two starters considering what little screen time Brock's got in AG/BF.

Everything else I'd be fine with, though.

In fact, please let Braixen happen. Please ._.

Looks to me Serena would be getting the Saihorn and Kimori, if anything. I hope this is a good sign!

Well we already knew Froakie was evolving.

Fenniken evolving is a surprise. The other 2 additions are odd. My guess would be they would go to Serena.

That's if this poster is legit. Sure does look that way

Laughs, Perhaps Treecko and Chespin will have a Rivalry? :) I Like all these New Additions EXCEPT Ugly Feminine Fox with a Twig Up it's Butt. As much as I'm NOT a Bonnie's Dedenne Fan, it looks Cute on Ryhorn hehe. Frogadier is here Cool. The Tradition of Water Types is Broken. And Nice to see Bunnelby Tho on this Poster :)

The image doesn't look fake :) which is nice. I was not expecting Fennekin to evolve. Treecko is probably going to Serena (May - Squirtle, Bulbasaur; Dawn - Cyndaquil). I was expecting her to get a Hoenn starter but always thought it would be Mudkip..

I'm surprised about the Rhyhorn, though. It's probably her mother's, since they showed that the Rhyhorn liked Serena and also Grace and Rhyhorn were shown in Mega V (Serena Version)

Laughs, Perhaps Treecko and Chespin will have a Rivalry? :) I Like all these New Additions EXCEPT Ugly Feminine Fox with a Twig Up it's Butt.

Actually, the twig is just stuck in the tail. I have several Braixen in my game and I know them well. And it's a wonderful burning magic wand, imo! How the twig never gets burned to a crisp will forever be a mystery of the Pokemon World.

I'm Sorry, I DIDN'T Mean to cause Controversy, I really did not. I get if U are a Fan of Braixen, did NOT mean to Offend anyone. But this Incident is Over.

Judging by that poster, it seems that Ash's Froakie will evolve, most likely all the way to Greninja, making him the first Water type that Ash has owned to evolve since none of Ash's previous water types have evolved.

Kingler would like a word with you.

I do wonder who the Treecko and Rhyhorn belong to, but I'm guessing both are own Serena

Am I the only person who thinks that Sihorn might go to Satoshi? It's a pretty powerful Pokemon and can learn fire-type moves if it needs to fill that hole in this team.

Rhyhorn should really belong to Brock. Being a Rock type Gym Leader :p.

As I suspected, someone (most likely Serena) will get a Gen III starter to promote ORAS.

We already know Froakie was going to evolve. Braixen would also be a nice add for Serena, mainly because she only has two Pokemon (soon to be [possibly] three) so this would give her something.

And Pikachu remains unevolved, who saw that coming? :p

Am I the only person who thinks that Sihorn might go to Satoshi? It's a pretty powerful Pokemon and can learn fire-type moves if it needs to fill that hole in this team.

Ash catching Rhyhorn would be interesting. However, wouldn't Fletchinder cover the fire requirement already?

Since Serena seems to be getting serious about her goals now, some extra additions and an evolution would be good. I'd like to see how she'd handle stronger Pokemon such as Braxien.

Oohhhh Fennekin evolution and the addition of Rhyhorn and Treecko! I figure Serena will catch a Rhyhorn, but who will Treecko go to? Obviously not Ash because he already has his Sceptile, but will Treecko go to Serena or Clemont.

As of now, it seems like the teams are

Ash: Pikachu, Frogadier, Fletchinder, Hawlucha
Clemont: Bunnelby, Chespin, Luxio <3, Dedenne(for Bonnie)
Serena: Braixen, Pancham, Rhyhorn, Treecko???

Truly glad Fennekin is going to evolve. Hopefully Braixen will evolve before the end of the series, I would love to see my favorite Pokémon in the main cast.

Ash catching Rhyhorn would be interesting. However, wouldn't Fletchinder cover the fire requirement already?

Dammit, you're right. I make such stupid mistakes in regards to the Pokemon on characters teams sometimes.

But yeah, I think Sihorn will go to Satoshi. Regardless of the fact Serena's mother owns one, it would be a nice capture for him. I'm eager to see him use a Pokemon that goes for power over speed well (yes, I have remembered Dodaitose but have also remembered its abysmal track record).

Ummmmm, I really don't see Rhyhorn going to Ash. I'd almost bet on Ash filling out his team with Kalos pokemon. The only exception is if he catches a Pokemon with a potential mega evolution.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's just Grace's. Wouldn't make sense to go to Ash and even though Serena did the whole Rhyhorn racing thing, it doesn't really fit in with her goal now.

Maybe Grace just appears near Lumiose city.

Why people so sure Rhyhorn is going to Serena? It could just be Grace appearing, it looks even more unlikely Ash getting a Rhyhorn, I agre with Ashs Battle Coach, he will probably fill his team with Kalos mons, for now Skiddo or Goomy.

So here's the rest of the Calender

http://i.imgur.com/v17DuRj.jpg

So it looks like the calender could mean nothing at all. We know that Froakie is evolving and Luxio is joining Clemont. Treecko is curious as it's the only Hoenn starter there which seems odd, so it may be getting a capture. Nothing is confirmed though.

Fennekin may not be evolving, but a Braixen appearing with Frogadier means it might. Again, not confirmed.

Other pokemon appearing that could be possible captures are that Goomy, a Bergmite, Spirtzee, Litleo, Skiddo, Espurr, Phantump, Noibat and Amaura.

Obviously not all these pokemon are going to be caught, it may be that none of them will be caught. I'd almost disregard this Calendar now until we get some actual info on further captures.

The only ones that interest me are the Braixen and Treecko, and they could literally be nothing.

I find it certain for Ash to catch Litleo and Skiddo, Serena to catch Espurr, Treeko, and Jigglypuff, and Clemont to catch Goomy.

I find it certain for Ash to catch Litleo and Skiddo, Serena to catch Espurr, Treeko, and Jigglypuff, and Clemont to catch Goomy.

You find it certain? based on what exactly?

Ash already has a fire type, he doesn't need another. The only info we have on Goomy is that one lands on Ash's head. It's really not much to go on but if that were to suggest a Goomy capture, it would go to Ash.

All we know about Skiddo is one is appearing at some point, most likely at the Skiddo ranch. And where did you get Jigglypuff from?

Back
Top Bottom