• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

You know, if Ash does get a Litleo, that'll mean that he'll have two region-native Pokemon of the Fire-type, which didn't happen in the Unova region, not like the Grass-types and Water-types.

Starters-wise this is my prediction: Chespin will never evolve (it is pretty much the new "Oshawott"), Froakie will fully evolve (it's clearly the "Treecko" of this series) and Fennekin will probably evolve once... I can't see it fully evolving (although maybe at the very end of the series similarly to May's Blaziken, and even that I kinda doubt)

To me, Fennekin is evolving for animation reasons. A bipedal Pokemon can do a lot more in pressentations and runways than a cuadruped one, and she could do nice combinations with her stick.

Goomy is truly an interesting capture, it could provide some nice "dopey" and humour moments, but I don't think it will have sap sipper, as it would be a hard thing to animate for the enemies' physical grass attacks. It will probably evolve to Sligoo as they could be similar in personality and battle style., but I don't know if it will make it to Goodra, as they have very different facial expresions and battle style (but if Swadloon evolved despite having this problems, it can happen).

Goomy is truly an interesting capture, it could provide some nice "dopey" and humour moments, but I don't think it will have sap sipper, as it would be a hard thing to animate for the enemies' physical grass attacks. It will probably evolve to Sligoo as they could be similar in personality and battle style., but I don't know if it will make it to Goodra, as they have very different facial expresions and battle style (but if Swadloon evolved despite having this problems, it can happen).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here about Sap Sipper.

Alder's Bouffalant already had Sap Sipper and we already see it.

I don't see why it would be hard to animate a Pokemon taking no damage from Grass attacks, and possibly sparking to indicate that it got a power boost (if that's necessary).

Edit: And it would be a lot easier to animate than Hydration which is even more conditional, although Gooey would probably be the easiest ability to animate, but I doubt Goomy will have that ability.

Besides what are the odds that Goomy would be battling lots of grass types anyway.

I don't see why it would be hard to animate a Pokemon taking no damage from Grass attacks, and possibly sparking to indicate that it got a power boost (if that's necessary).

Edit: And it would be a lot easier to animate than Hydration which is even more conditional, although Gooey would probably be the easiest ability to animate, but I doubt Goomy will have that ability.

Besides what are the odds that Goomy would be battling lots of grass types anyway.

I forgot about Bouffalant, you are right. Still, I don't see Ash using Goomy against Ramos, it would be a pretty cheap strategy.

I forgot about Bouffalant, you are right. Still, I don't see Ash using Goomy against Ramos, it would be a pretty cheap strategy.

Um...how exactly? If you were going up against a grass gym and your pokemon had the ability that both negates Grass type moves and boost it's attack, you'd be an idiot not to use it.

Is it cheaper than using a Fire/Flying type?

Sunma47 on twitter posted a picture of a cake, with the main cast and their Pokemon on it.

Here's the picture.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/d0035b1004c2d2af8c8be5cd6a6ac8b1/tumblr_inline_neq8r5lFpV1s9sqqw.jpg

It looks like there is a Goodra behind Ash, plus some people believe that Frogadier, Braixen and Luxray are also on it.

Here'a someone's thoughts on what the hidden Pokemon could be.

CdOYxsc.jpg

A Goodra by May at the latest? That wouldn't give Goomy or Sliggoo much screetime. I don't see the point other than to create yet another disobedience plot.

I doubt that there is really a Goomy attached to Goodra's arm.

The art on the cake is from the front cover of an episode script, most likely the episode where Ash Catches Goomy.

I highly doubt Ash will catch a Goomy and then evolve it twice ridiculously fast

The art on the cake is from the front cover of an episode script, most likely the episode where Ash Catches Goomy.
It's from the front cover of all episode scripts, or rather the latest ones (which pertain to episodes that will air in Spring). As translated by Adamant:

Masafumi Mima said:
Also, we were celebrating the one year anniversary of Pocket Monsters XY, and the producers brought a cake that had the entire cast on it. I took a photo. However, the thing is, the cake had the picture from the front cover of the episode scripts color painted on it. That means it was full of spoilers, lol. That's why I had to edit the photo a bit before I was allowed to upload it. Maybe this is a bit too daring? I really wanted to upload a photo of it, though.

Oh ok. I wasn't aware of that.

Well shit, a fully evolved Pseudo before Talonflame?? That sounds crazy. If it's true then the writers sure are switching things up this time around. Though we already knew that.

Given that Ash always has the fully evolved regional bird and Greninja's massive popularity, this team has some serious potential by the time the league rolls around

I wonder if Goodra will be depicted as being all that special. Most fans consider it to be the weakest pseudo-legendary, and even Iris' Dragonite had its shortcomings.

Why are Serena and Clemont blocked out tho?

Yeah, that's a Goodra if I hadn't seen one. Its right feeler can be seen between Jessie and Chespin.

On another note, this is the image that was used for the cake. Some Pokémon, like Chespin, were redrawn into alternate places but the fact that both Froakie and Fennekin are not present are telling.

What we know so far:

Ash
- Pikachu
- Frogadier
- Fletchinder
- Hawlucha
- Goodra, assuming Ash catches Goomy and evolves it twice

Serena
- Braixen
- Pancham

Clemont
- Bunnelby
- Dedenne
- Chespin
- Luxray

Last edited:

I highly doubt Ash will catch a Goomy and then evolve it twice ridiculously fast

Even though this was clarified, I just wanted to say that it makes no sense.

We have NO indication of when Serena's Fennekin will evolve, but we do know about Goomy, it seems pretty obvious (as of now) that Ash will be catching a Goomy before Fennekin evolves, now I could be wrong, but if that is the case, then this cake wouldn't be so whited-out, if it revolved around Goomy's capture. Because it is very likely that Braixen is on the cake, so this could not revolve around Goomy's capture episode. Plus as it was already said by the "Voice Actress" (I think) the cake revolved around the main cast's Pokemon so Goodra wouldn't have been on there anyway.

But you should be aware of this since it was clarified, so feel free to ignore this post.

Edit: That said, what would make you think initially this cake would be about Goomy's capture episode, even if this was based on a script of a single episode, why couldn't it have been an episode where Ash already has Goodra?

All I see is that there is no where that say that Ash and co will be capturing Goomy or Goodra, but only that it is spoiled. I am wondering if they are trying to trick us and saying that it be like the Larvitar and Tyranitar from Johto.

All I see is that there is no where that say that Ash and co will be capturing Goomy or Goodra, but only that it is spoiled. I am wondering if they are trying to trick us and saying that it be like the Larvitar and Tyranitar from Johto.

Why would they trick us and why else would there be so much merchandise of Goomy's evolutionary line coming out soon? I'm pretty sure that someone is going to get Goomy.

Chespin being stuck in his current form isn't a massive surprise, given that he's being played as the XY successor to Oshawott (adding Luxio to the equation also lessens Clemont's need for a bigger powerhouse-type pokemon). It does make me wonder when/how Chespin's evolutionary line is going to factor into the anime, however, as right now I don't hold out much hope for Mairin's evolving either. Will we get a new rival with a Quilladin at some point down the line?

Here's a picture of the Episode script. I can see Frogadier, Luxray and Goodra.

B1YN_cYCUAArfQ4.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom