• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I am really hoping they bring back his older Pokemon for the league because i am largely unimpressed by his current ones. Its been years since we have seen many of these guys in action.
They kind of have to, there just isn't enough balance for him to get through the league without someone pulling a rock or electric type on him

Just curious, anyone still think a main character may catch a Torchic, for some reason I like the idea of Ash catching it

its likely that someone in the group will catch it but not Ash, he already has a fire type for this region. i expect Ash to have a Talonflame soon.

Just curious, anyone still think a main character may catch a Torchic, for some reason I like the idea of Ash catching it

Clemont if anybody does.
I just can't see it with Ash since he has Hawlucha and Fletchinder, it would take the two types they have unique to the team instead of making them just another flyer.

Seems a bit unlikely but with XY083 focusing on a Chespin, could be Clemont's evolving, probably too soon to think about

It seems to be unlikely. There shouldn't be any additional changes to the main cast until Serena acquires her Eevee. And it is possible for Serena to obtain one at some point between XY083 and XY088.

It's for that reason that I also think Clemont's Bunnelby evolving into Diggersby is unlikely.

I think that in general, considering the lack of new Pokemon in Kalos, the chances of Ash getting a Key Stone and Mega Stone, for either one of his old Pokemon or a newly caught pre-Kalos Pokemon, are worth considering.

I think that in general, considering the lack of new Pokemon in Kalos, the chances of Ash getting a Key Stone and Mega Stone, for either one of his old Pokemon or a newly caught pre-Kalos Pokemon, are worth considering.

Do we know the average of pokemon caught before the 6th Gym (pre X/Y) then?

Serena's Eevee is probably going to evolve into Sylveon just because
A- Its girly, pink, and fits Serena's clothing(pink, white, and blue)
B- Sylveon advertises X and Y, the new fairy type, AND Pokemon Amie, as if X and Y needed more advertising
C- That Eevee is a great dancer and has a passion for it, has a pretty feminine personality matching Serena, and Sylveon's Pokedex entry states Sylveon's moves are elegant and graceful, perfect for dancing. Plus a Sylveon's design matches the Eevee's personality (dance, fashion, performing)

I have a feeling that Eevee will be Serena's new favorite pokemon, as it's tail is great for brushing and grooming and the Eevee and Serena both love fashion, dancing, and performing. But this is just my own opinion.

Serena's Team Prediction
Delphox, Pancham, Sylveon, Mudkip

B- Sylveon advertises X and Y, the new fairy type, AND Pokemon Amie, as if X and Y needed more advertising
C- That Eevee is a great dancer and has a passion for it, has a pretty feminine personality matching Serena, and Sylveon's Pokedex entry states Sylveon's moves are elegant and graceful, perfect for dancing. Plus a Sylveon's design matches the Eevee's personality (dance, fashion, performing)

I have a feeling that Eevee will be Serena's new favorite pokemon, as it's tail is great for brushing and grooming and the Eevee and Serena both love fashion, dancing, and performing. But this is just my own opinion.

Serena's Team Prediction

That Mudkip is a little outta the blue, even if ORAS promoting was a priority with Serena, why a Mudkip specifically?

It just occurred to me that Ash has four old Pokemon that can Mega Evolve: Glalie, Charizard, Sceptile, and Heracross. One of them could be the 6th on his team.

If Ash got a new Megable Pokemon, my hope would be for Gallade.
I still think it's going to be Charizard Y though.

Serena's Team Prediction

That Mudkip is a little outta the blue, even if ORAS promoting was a priority with Serena, why a Mudkip specifically?

Because Mudkip didn't get much development compared to the other starters in Advanced. And Shota has Treecko so that knocks him out of the running and Torchic shares a type with her small team. Mudkip is unique and can bring two new types(if they evolve it)

I rather think Ash will get a Chesnaught after Clemont evolves his Chespin. Maybe before 8 badge or before the turnament.

I rather think Ash will get a Chesnaught after Clemont evolves his Chespin. Maybe before 8 badge or before the turnament.

With all due respect, that doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would Ash capture the fully-evolved form of a Pokemon from an active teammate's roster that is capable of doing the exact same thing? Seems extremely convoluted.

If Clemont does evolve Chespin, why not have IT be the one who goes all the way to Chesnaught?

Ash will not get one base stage Kalos Pokemon that will remain as is
Pikachu is mid stage
Hawlucha is never evolve
Ash is getting Mega Lucario, by studying Mega Evolution

i think that ash using mega evolution is a stong possibilty, however i don't see it happening until after the league, i think that he will be defeated by a mega pokemon and decide he needs to use mega evolution to be stonger and then charizard or sceptile might return, but i don't think that will happen till after the league so he still needs to catch another pokemon, i would like to see him get a phantump or something

If the anime was looking to promote ORAS by giving Serena a Hoenn starter, then they didn't exactly strike while the iron was hot. It's been nearly eight months already since ORAS was released, and I'm assuming that there'll be a fairly substantial gap between Serena getting her Eevee and her next capture - by which stage ORAS will be old news and eyes will be on Nintendo for announcements about a third version/sequel for XY. It seems like the window of opportunity is closing.

Speaking of how late it's getting, it strikes me as a bit odd that we're nearly two years into XY and Quilladin has yet to make its anime debut.

That's true. May and Dawn have gotten their starters when their remakes were still new. I guess the writers just didn't think about Serena very much, after all, her career goal isn't very well thought and she only has 2 Pokemon. And speaking of Quilladin, either A)Clemont's chespin will evolve, which is highly unlikely, or B) a char of the day/ new rival of Serena's will have one. May had 3 rivals in her respective region and Dawn also had 3. Serena only has two, so it is likely.

Back
Top Bottom