• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

a shiny Phantump for Ash this time? or will it evolve before the league?
a trade episode where Ash wants it back would be nice.
a Trevanant would be much better for the Legue.

Last edited:
an episode on a white Phantump after already meeting a Trevanant, which happens to be a grass type, which Ash doesnt have what he usually always has in his team.....
Im really hoping he does get it, it will scratch it off his usual typing list and will scratch off him actually owning a ghost type. (i dont count Haunter)

I think Ash may catch that shiny Phantump and later prior league( or during the league) it evolves into Trevenant. If he doesn't catch it, then, I hope he catches Bergmite and evolves it into Avalugg in same scenario as stated above.
Also, I hope Goodra returns like Gliscor returned in DP.

Also, I hope Goodra returns like Gliscor returned in DP.

That would be a scenario Id love to see but I highly doubt that would happen. Gliscor returned simply for the fact it was in training, like Charizard used to be and how Squirtle kinda is, they were away but to be called upon when needed. Goodra was released to stay with its friends and help protect the badlands. I highly doubt we will ever see Goodra again sadly :cry:

Goodra only has a 50/50 chance of returning but I doubt it. Bergmite is my next guess.

New merchandise, I'm assuming it's related to the movie.

Ce14DDJWIAA--Nx.jpg

Though Riolu seems a bit random.

That Riolu does seem very random, considering that we've already seen the megas in trailers and the Slurpuff could be Sawyer's. Maybe everyone's early predictions of XY are correct, but the chance is still very slim.

It could be apart of the Movie short, honestly I really wouldn't think of anyone catching it in the Ash.co

Ash would be the only candidate, and it makes sense. Honestly, I expected Ash to have an aura relationship with a Riolu/Lucario before Ash-Greninja at the start of the season. But yeah, it's unlikely.

That Riolu does seem very random, considering that we've already seen the megas in trailers and the Slurpuff could be Sawyer's. Maybe everyone's early predictions of XY are correct, but the chance is still very slim.
But how could the slurpuff be sawyer's he is most likely getting a cameo like the other rivals but if it and riolu are part of the cast I'll be surprised but if not pokemon short

Sawyer could have a main role in the movie. We never know. It is unlikely, but I'm sure they have advertised many other cameos before.

Sawyer hasn't even been implied to be in the film. If he was going to show up for a noteworthy role, we'd know by now I'm sure. At best he might make a cameo, but cameo =/= main role.

Riolu and Slurpuff are just random Pokemon that appear in the movie (there is no short).

Since when is there no short, despite the fact that there was a short like poster advertised alongside one of the original posters of M19? And why would they not make one this year?

Also, I hate to burst the "Sawyer making an appearance in the M19" bubble, but I'm pretty sure that's just Racel's Slurpuff, just like how the Gardevoir is Chymia's Gardevoir. Who's Riolu that is or whether or not it will be wild is still up for debate. While I would love it if Ash had it, it would seem a bit weird for him to get one soon. I guess Riolu could tie in with Jarvis, since Lucario was one of the first Pokemon to be known to Mega Evolve and Jarvis can Mega Evolve Pokemon in a special way. But then that would probably mean that Riolu will play a pretty big role, even though it hasn't been advertised all that much. It could just play a similar role to the Torchic in the most recent Pikachu Short.

Since when is there no short, despite the fact that there was a short like poster advertised alongside one of the original posters of M19? And why would they not make one this year?
Quoting Dogasu:

Dogasu said:
Conspicuously missing from the movie's official website is information on any Pikachu short. Is it possible we're just not getting one this year at all? The other movies that didn't get Pikachu shorts attached to them (Deoxys through Keldeo) still had Pikachu posters released anyway so the simple fact that a poster exists for this year's film doesn't necessarily mean we're getting one.
If the short existed, we would already have more solid information than a vague poster from four months ago.

The movie staff may have realized that the recent shorts haven't had a positive effect on ticket sales.

Quoting Dogasu:

If the short existed, we would already have more solid information than a vague poster from four months ago.

The movie staff may have realized that the recent shorts haven't had a positive effect on ticket sales.

That's just an assumption. We could still get a title soon. Also M07-M15 did have Pikachu Shorts, with the exception of M10, they just weren't released with the movie, but on DVD's and/or airplane flights. So, yes, we will most likely get a short this year and Riolu could very well be in it.

I am 95% sure that there will be a short. I don't see why they wouldn't, and they have the perfect opportunity with Squishy in the cast.

My mind boggles at how overexposed that dog-on-legs Riolu/Lucario line is. Thank God most people seem to have stopped taking the bait over Satoshi catching one.

Back
Top Bottom