• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I was diagnosed with autism a couple of years ago. Man it feels good to let that out.

So I have an idea for Ash if he does decide to plan for possible battles coming sooner or later, even though he's probably going to lose the league again. Use Hawlucha for Ilima (if he does use non-Kanto pkmn) and Squirtle and Kingler for Kiawe. Of course he has many options, but this is just a few I thought of.

I think Ash should at least use two Pokemon from each of his previous regions, maybe even use Charizard vs Charizard against Kiawe

If we don't get Mega X vs Y, i doubt we get regular vs regular. I have a feeling the writers don't want too pair up the same Pokemon against eachother since it gets confusing for the viewers.

If we don't get Mega X vs Y, i doubt we get regular vs regular. I have a feeling the writers don't want too pair up the same Pokemon against eachother since it gets confusing for the viewers.

Mega was a bit different since they didn’t want to give Ash a Mega to steal spotlight from Greninja...

Anime is pretty ambigious about the ride pokemon. They used their ride pokemon to fight all the time.
That's true, but it doesn't mean they "own" them. Garchomp isn't Ash's Pokémon, he doesn't have a Poké Ball for it and it's not part of his team. The only Ride Pokémon that we could say is owned by someone is Kiawe's Charizard. But still, that makes 5 out of 6 Ride Pokémon that are not actually owned by their rider. We can't definitively say Gladion's team now includes Noivern until next week (and even then they might keep it ambiguous).

Yeah, I think we're too far in to expect a basic stage mon now. Expecially since Poipole could end up leaving for home like every other Ultra Beast once the Necrozma arc is over. That would put him back to four with less than ten episodes to go before SM100.

And I'd be ok with that. We're in a series where Ash isn't constantly under this quietly looming time constraint to get eight badges before the region's conference begins. The fact that he's evidently able to do the island challenge at his leisure (we know he was able to skip at least one class to go to Ula'ula) would mean he has no need to travel Alola in the same fashion as the other six regions, meaning the variety he typically finds will be more restricted because he's staying in one place.

Therefore, Ash not having a full team by this point is something I have personally expected.

Yeah, I think we're too far in to expect a basic stage mon now. Expecially since Poipole could end up leaving for home like every other Ultra Beast once the Necrozma arc is over. That would put him back to four with less than ten episodes to go before SM100.

And I'd be ok with that. We're in a series where Ash isn't constantly under this quietly looming time constraint to get eight badges before the region's conference begins. The fact that he's evidently able to do the island challenge at his leisure (we know he was able to skip at least one class to go to Ula'ula) would mean he has no need to travel Alola in the same fashion as the other six regions, meaning the variety he typically finds will be more restricted because he's staying in one place.

Therefore, Ash not having a full team by this point is something I have personally expected.
Why did you except that?

Back
Top Bottom