• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

At last he can't use all of them.
After the Goodbye episode if character of Go changes I can see him using some major ones.

He's bound to capture more Pokemon down the road that want to battle, it's only a matter of time. I remember Scyther being a bit on the competitive side being one of the ones that wanted to compete in that Battle Frontier competition. Darmanitan as well, perhaps (though he's already got a good Fire-Type in Raboot).

There's bound to be some popular/marketable Pokemon he'll get that will help him in catching more powerful Pokemon in the future, too.

Hey, guys. I'm just wanting to know whether or not you think that Ash's Alolan team will make their first time visit in the Galar region, and that Ash's Melmetal will Gigantamax for the first time? Why?

This is my wishful thinking about the moveset of Ash's upcoming Riolu:
Reversal
Endure
Metal Claw
Copycat
It's unlikely but I really hope it will have Copycat. That's the only thing I love about Cameron's Riolu/Lucario.

I oddly was imagining a move set for it

Hatch with: Bullet Punch, Foresight and Reversal. Learn Blaze Kick later... never get Aura Sphere even after evolution!

never get Aura Sphere even after evolution!

Its Not Realistic GIFs | Tenor

It has to learn Aura Sphere since it's Lucario's most popular move and fits Lucario's aura motif perfectly.

Hatch with: Bullet Punch, Foresight and Reversal. Learn Blaze Kick later... never get Aura Sphere even after evolution!

I would like to see a Physical move equivalent for Aura Sphere if anything. If you're going to give Ash a Lucario, at least let it manifest Aura in more creative ways.

It's going to have Aura Sphere one way or another but I do like your suggestion about Bullet Punch. It's a good Steel type move for Riolu to have when it hatches. :)

Ash with Riolu was highly expected in sinnoh but I am happy to finally see Ash has one
He seems a pretty happy Pokemon and I hope a strong one too
As for Go he caught another Pokemon I wish he’d actually use some of them

I noticed something in the last 2 regions that might impact this series.
Kalos
Greninja: Base Speed 122
Talonflame: BS 126
Hawlucha: BS 118
Goodra: BS 80
Noivern: BS 123
In Kalos, Ash got a Slow/Medium Speedy mon, the rest were fast sweepers
Alola
Rowlet: BS 42
Lycanroc: BS 112
Incineroar: BS 60 (Torract BS 90)
Melmetal: BS 34
Naganadel: BS 121 (Although i don't really count this one, since no impact on the League/Trial run at all)
So in Alola, he got slow to medium ranged speed mons, with Lycanroc being the exception with Naganadel not being counted

This is interesting, since it might impact the current series. He might get Fast to Medium ranged mons this series, with one tanky Pokemon.
So far
Dragonite: BS 80
Gengar: BS 110
Lucario: 90
Speculated Inteleon: BS 120
Speculated Rillaboom: BS 80
So in this current series, Ash might get Pokemon that have between 70 and 120 speed.

I noticed something in the last 2 regions that might impact this series.
Kalos
Greninja: Base Speed 122
Talonflame: BS 126
Hawlucha: BS 118
Goodra: BS 80
Noivern: BS 123
In Kalos, Ash got a Slow/Medium Speedy mon, the rest were fast sweepers
Alola
Rowlet: BS 42
Lycanroc: BS 112
Incineroar: BS 60 (Torract BS 90)
Melmetal: BS 34
Naganadel: BS 121 (Although i don't really count this one, since no impact on the League/Trial run at all)
So in Alola, he got slow to medium ranged speed mons, with Lycanroc being the exception with Naganadel not being counted

This is interesting, since it might impact the current series. He might get Fast to Medium ranged mons this series, with one tanky Pokemon.
So far
Dragonite: BS 80
Gengar: BS 110
Lucario: 90
Speculated Inteleon: BS 120
Speculated Rillaboom: BS 80
So in this current series, Ash might get Pokemon that have between 70 and 120 speed.
This isn’t really relevant for a few reasons...
1. A Pokemon's speed is variable in the anime. Vikavolt is depicted as fast whereas it’s slower than Venusaur in the games.
2. Alola's average speed stat was lower than Kalos, Alolan Pokémon is General were significantly slower than Kalos so they had to choose from slower Pokémon overall.

Ash with Riolu was highly expected in sinnoh but I am happy to finally see Ash has one
He seems a pretty happy Pokemon and I hope a strong one too
As for Go he caught another Pokemon I wish he’d actually use some of them

I just thought it was funny how Riolu didn't really like Ash and how despite Ash's experience it took some coaxing to get Riolu to behave.

What do you guys think Riolu's moveset will be if he evolves into a lucario? I want it to be .....
Flash Cannon
Aura Sphere
Thunderpunch
Bone Rush

Given how feisty that Riolu is, it kinda seems like the type that'll get up and personal with its opponents. I'd say it'll learn Metal Claw which will later upgrade to Meteor Mash instead of Flash Cannon. I don't think it'll have another Special Attack other than Aura Sphere.

Bone Rush seems to be a staple for most Lucario we've seen and allows for good battle scenes, so that stays.

As much as I'd like to see it have a coverage move like Thunderpunch, I kinda doubt it'll get it. I can see it having Extremespeed to give it more speed/movement, though.

Back
Top Bottom