• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I don't think the gang kept the starters after they left Cynthia's tent. They didn't appear at all in the second episode. Seemed like it was just a demonstration thing

Yeah...Ash or Dawn's Quilava not becoming a Hisuian Typhlosion (though Dawn's moreso) during the LoA special was a missed opportunity. I mean, the jury is still out for such a possibility, but it's highly unlikely. Which is a shame because Dawn could have had a very notable addition to her team that finally gave her something unique party-wise compared to her peers. It would have been one of the few times the writers not evolving something that should have would have been a moment of serendipity.

I have a theory. I think that the writer wants to give focus and development to most of the Pokemon on Ash's team before giving him another set to work with. As it is now, Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario and Sirfetch'd have gotten focus and development episodes which lives only Dracovish so the writer might give Ash some new sets of Pokemon to work with. There are plotline from Isle of Armor, Crown Tundra and Legends Areceus that the writer could use to give some time

I have a theory. I think that the writer wants to give focus and development to most of the Pokemon on Ash's team before giving him another set to work with. As it is now, Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario and Sirfetch'd have gotten focus and development episodes which lives only Dracovish so the writer might give Ash some new sets of Pokemon to work with. There are plotline from Isle of Armor, Crown Tundra and Legends Areceus that the writer could use to give some time
We'll see if they have enough time for that.

They don't have enough time left to do this.

A break is coming up.

We have usually a two/three week break during summer (Which means the are already losing 3/4 weeks).

We generally have a 2 week break in between series, sometimes its only 1 week though. Which means you lose already about 4/5 weeks).

Gen 3 anime ended September 14. 2006
Gen 4 anime started September 28, 2006
1 week gap

Gen 4 anime ended September 9, 2010
Gen 5 anime started September 23, 2010
2 week gap

Gen 5 anime ended September26, 2013
Gen 6 anime started October 17, 2013
2 week gap

Gen 6 anime ended October 27, 2016
Gen 7 anime started November 17, 2016
2 week gap

Gen 7 anime ended November 3, 2019
Journeys anime started November 17, 2019
1 week gap

And this doesn't even factor other breaks we might be getting. Realistically, we are looking at 25/30 episodes left at most for the current Journeys anime. Which means they can't afford arcs they need to set up, nor can they afford fillers, so starting from Journeys 102 (Which is a plot episode), the rest of the episodes should be plot related, but especially for the PWC (And considering we have around 8/9 opponents left for Ash, the Masters eight at least will most likely span around 10/8 episodes itself). Another funny thing about this as well is that they cannot afford to have Ash lose any of his Masters Eight matches before he faces Leon. Which also means this is it in terms of Ash's team.

Last edited:
They don't have enough time left to do this.

A break is coming up.

We have usually a two/three week break during summer (Which means the are already losing 3/4 weeks).

We generally have a 2 week break in between series, sometimes its only 1 week though. Which means you lose already about 4/5 weeks).

Gen 3 anime ended September 14. 2006
Gen 4 anime started September 28, 2006
1 week gap

Gen 4 anime ended September 9, 2010
Gen 5 anime started September 23, 2010
2 week gap

Gen 5 anime ended September26, 2013
Gen 6 anime started October 17, 2013
2 week gap

Gen 6 anime ended October 27, 2016
Gen 7 anime started November 17, 2016
2 week gap

Gen 7 anime ended November 3, 2019
Journeys anime started November 17, 2019
1 week gap

And this doesn't even factor other breaks we might be getting. Realistically, we are looking at 25/30 episodes left at most for the current Journeys anime. Which means they can't afford arcs they need to set up, nor can they afford fillers, so starting from Journeys 102 (Which is a plot episode), the rest of the episodes should be plot related, but especially for the PWC (And considering we have around 8/9 opponents left for Ash, the Masters eight at least will most likely span around 10/8 episodes itself). Another funny thing about this as well is that they cannot afford to have Ash lose any of his Masters Eight matches before he faces Leon. Which also means this is it in terms of Ash's team.
The alternative is Journey's doesn't end. If you notice the scene wih Dawn in the opening has all Christmas decorations in the background which would fit a December airing. Looks like the same Snowpoint area the Piplup/Croagunk filler was in.

The opening looks packed and as you said we may have more breaks coming up too. I'm starting to think we'll run into Gen 9

The alternative is Journey's doesn't end. If you notice the scene wih Dawn in the opening has all Christmas decorations in the background which would fit a December airing. Looks like the same Snowpoint area the Piplup/Croagunk filler was in.

The opening looks packed and as you said we may have more breaks coming up too. I'm starting to think we'll run into Gen 9

I am not talking about Journeys ending (Thats why i said current Journeys), but about the current format of it ending. I am talking about them needing to wrap up the PWC and the Project Mew arc. There isn't time to do more arcs+PWC+Project Mew+Chloe episodes.

Heck, PWC is most likely 8/10 episodes (Which leaves around 20 left)
I think we are getting a Dracovish focus episode outside of the PWC (Which leaves 19)
Chloe episode (Which leaves 18)
2 Project Mew episodes (Which leaves 16). I say 2, because i think Gary gets a separate episode before the Regigigas episode.

And then we have 16 episodes left to give us the episodes for the returning characters.

Do you think there's a good chance that any of the remaning Generation VIII Pokemon will ever potentially get the Togetic treatment? Or maybe even the Klang treatment? At best, they would probably have all Generation VIII Pokemon that are neither DLC nor Hisui make an appearance by the end of Journeys.

Do you think there's a good chance that any of the remaning Generation VIII Pokemon will ever potentially get the Togetic treatment? Or maybe even the Klang treatment? At best, they would probably have all Generation VIII Pokemon that are neither DLC nor Hisui make an appearance by the end of Journeys.
Probably. With not that many episodes potentially left and it taking over 100 episodes to introduce Grookey’s evolution, there’s a possibility we may not get to every Galarian Pokémon, let alone in a meaningful manner.

Back
Top Bottom