• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Since it's an in-universe news broadcast, that is very unlikely to happen.
Like I mentioned before, you don't know if the exclusive breaking news is supposed to be in-universe yet. That is an assumption on your part. It is not fair or accurate to claim that as a fact and present it as such.

Now the exclusive breaking news isn't guaranteed to be an announcement for the next series either, but I think that is much more likely to be the case and makes far more sense. We're already near the end of the Master Class and that has been treated as the climax for Journeys. There isn't much left for them to do beyond the aftermath of the battle, wrapping up Goh's storyline and having a farewell episode. Not to mention we're way past the point where they normally announce a new series. I'm sure part of that is due to the production problems the anime has been dealing with for awhile, but with little left for them to do with Journeys at this rate, it makes sense to at least announce it. We won't know for sure what the exclusive breaking news is supposed to be until the episode airs, but the idea of it supposed to be just a news broadcast in-universe makes no sense to me. I doubt that they'd hype up a clip show episode like that unless it involved something important like a new series.

Like I mentioned before, you don't know if the exclusive breaking news is supposed to be in-universe yet. That is an assumption on your part. It is not fair or accurate to claim that as a fact and present it as such.

Now the exclusive breaking news isn't guaranteed to be an announcement for the next series either, but I think that is much more likely to be the case and makes far more sense. We're already near the end of the Master Class and that has been treated as the climax for Journeys. There isn't much left for them to do beyond the aftermath of the battle, wrapping up Goh's storyline and having a farewell episode. Not to mention we're way past the point where they normally announce a new series. I'm sure part of that is due to the production problems the anime has been dealing with for awhile, but with little left for them to do with Journeys at this rate, it makes sense to at least announce it. We won't know for sure what the exclusive breaking news is supposed to be until the episode airs, but the idea of it supposed to be just a news broadcast in-universe makes no sense to me. I doubt that they'd hype up a clip show episode like that unless it involved something important like a new series.
It's probably just going to be the official reveal that Leon will use Eternatus in the final match.

It's probably just going to be the official reveal that Leon will use Eternatus in the final match.
Are you just trolling at this point? You're basically ignoring everything people have told you and treating your assumptions as fact. People have already told you there was no point in revealing in a special announcement that Leon was going to use Eternatus. They already told you it was never stated the announcement was in-universe. Also, if he was, it would be teased in the actual episode. If they didn't have a special announcement to show Professor Kukui using Tapu Koko, they wouldn't have a special breaking news announcement to say Leon is using Eternatus.

Are you just trolling at this point? You're basically ignoring everything people have told you and treating your assumptions as fact. People have already told you there was no point in revealing in a special announcement that Leon was going to use Eternatus. If he was, it would be teased in the actual episode. If they didn't have a special announcement to show Professor Kukui using Tapu Koko, they wouldn't have a special breaking news announcement to say Leon is using Eternatus.
I'm not even expecting a Scarlet and Violet series at all.

Why would they reveal that in a clip show episode though? That's a big reason why this theory makes no sense to me. Instead of using a clip show to reveal Leon using Eternatus, wouldn't it make more sense to reveal that during the match itself? That would make more of a surprise for both the audience and the characters. Revealing it to the audience beforehand only for the characters to still be surprised about it when Leon uses it during the battle just seems backwards to me. I can't really see them making a big enough deal about Leon using Eternatus to describe it as exclusive breaking news either.

If there was a Scarlet and Violet series they would have already announced it.
Not necessarily. It's pretty clear that they've been having production problems for awhile. The fact that they're going to have four recap episodes within a relatively short span of time is a pretty huge red flag. It's also possible that their original plan to not show the non-Ash battles only to decide later on to include them affected things. I don't know if it was a last minute decision exactly, but not having those battles initially planned out could have been a problem. Not to mention having a lot of battle heavy multi-part matches would take a heavy load on their production team too. These kind of production problems could have easily forced them to delay the next series until later this year. They could still have the next series ready to start right around when Scarlet/Violet release due to Journeys' fast pace, but the idea that it wouldn't be ready until December with all of these production problems is also quite plausible.

It's also possible that they didn't want to announce the series during the middle of the Master Class, especially when they were hyping up Ash's battles in particular. Since they're almost done with this tournament, at least revealing that the next series exists makes sense and wouldn't necessarily give away the results of Ash vs. Leon either.

I’m just expecting Journeys to continue with SV content thrown in.
While that wouldn't be impossible, it just seems rather unlikely to me. I really don't see them continuing with Journeys at this rate. Regardless of the outcome of the battle, Ash will get to battle with Leon, which has been his goal for the series, and I don't see them doing the PWC again either. There wouldn't be much of a point to just repeating the tournament when Ash already got to the finals. The fact that they rushed through so much of it definitely doesn't make me think that they're interested in doing it again. I don't see Goh sticking around either. I love Goh, but I think it would make more sense for his character to work with Project Mew full time. It would allow him to learn more about Mew, continue to capture Pokemon off-screen and basically allow him to continue working on his goal on his own. I can't see them continuing the world tour aspect without the PWC or Goh. Not to mention it was probably also done partly to tie in with the anime's 25th anniversary. They barely had any interest in doing anything with Chloe in Journeys, so I cannot see them doing anything more with her at this rate.

Plus, the anime tends to shake up the status quo every few years. This didn't start with Journeys or with SM, but every new series helps to shake things up with new characters, new locations, new Pokemon and new storylines. I think just throwing Paldea into their world tour mix for Ash and Goh to occasionally go to wouldn't be enough of a shake up for the anime. Not to mention it would be rather depressing for another new generation to be treated like Galar was. There's just not much left to do with Journeys, so it makes far more sense to do something different instead of more of Ash and Goh's adventures around the world.

I’m just expecting Journeys to continue with SV content thrown in.
Donno about that, there is not much to gain cause all main characters got their own path now, in a way Goh isnt even watching Ash's last showdown, and Ash isn't part of the Mew Project.

For me it is better to get over with JNs and start fresh. It was a mess /downfall as a whole anyway. But who knows..

I just want the Starters to be split among an active cast again. Ash not having a Starter Pokémon this saga was outrageous, especially given how good collectively the Galarian group is in battle.
I swear if we get another bait and switch with what happened to Sobble, I'm going to be quite upset.

I just want the Starters to be split among an active cast again. Ash not having a Starter Pokémon this saga was outrageous, especially given how good collectively the Galarian group is in battle.
Yeah, I agree. It was so wrong to give all three to a character that doesn't even really battle or compete in anything.

To be fair, I don't think giving Ash all of the starters in previous series has really worked out that well either. Goh not being into battling certainly didn't help matters with their lack of screentime, but I think that giving one character all three starters and having their screentime drastically reduce after they evolved, which is basically an issue with Journeys as a whole too, were the bigger issues. The Kanto, Johto and Unova starters had more consistent screentime than the Galar starters, but writing wise, I don't think that all three groups were handled significantly better.

I am still so confused as to why they gave Goh Grookey only for it to do nothing. I know that they wanted him to have a cute marketable shoulder Pokemon, but I just don't understand why they bothered to evolve Cinderace or Inteleon if that was still the ultimate goal. The evolutions themselves aren't pointless. I think that were some good moments and episodes that came from their evolutions, but it's the whole "Goh must always have a cute unevolved Galar starter" that makes them more questionable than they should be.

That being said, I definitely want them to split the Paldea starters among the main cast. The starters are typically handled better when they're split among the cast as opposed to giving all three of them to one character. And I still want Ash to get one of the Paldea starters at least. It still felt weird to me to not give Ash one of the Galar starters. It isn't necessarily a bad idea to not give Ash a starter Pokemon, but at the same time, I still think that a Rillaboom could have easily taken Dracovish's place. I don't think that the lack of a starter Pokemon really benefited Ash's Journeys team, especially when it has its own fair share of issues and they only gave him the usual five captures despite the world tour gimmick and they weren't focused specifically on Galar Pokemon.

Like HM said above, I agree that Ash not being given one is not the issue. With Ash catching Pokémon like Dragonite and Gengar early on, having him catch an unevolved starter on top of those didn't really seem fitting. In short, the problem is with the screentime instead of the distribution.

Like HM said above, I agree that Ash not being given one is not the issue. With Ash catching Pokémon like Dragonite and Gengar early on, having him catch an unevolved starter on top of those didn't really seem fitting. In short, the problem is with the screentime instead of the distribution.
I do think that giving Goh all three starters was a bad choice though. My point was that giving even Ash all three starters has never really worked out well in the past, so Goh not being battle active wasn't really the main problem. It didn't help, but usually only one or two of Ash's starters would be handled well whenever he got all three despite being more into battles.

They gave Ash a newly hatched Riolu and an unevolved Galarian Farfetch'd afterwards, so I don't think it would have been difficult to give him an unevolved starter. His opponents for the PWC for the first two classes were mostly one shot characters, so it wasn't like Ash really needed to get fully evolved Pokemon to stand a chance against these opponents. I think that they were going for popular Pokemon more so than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom