• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I’m a little confused about the idea that Liko still needs to find a goal. She has one already: to find out more about the pendant. It isn’t as easily quantifiable in terms of progress as, for example, Ash earning gym badges, but it is still a goal that she is already working towards.
I was under the impression that she was still looking for a goal she could do with Sprigatito. Finding out more about the pendant isn't nothing, but I'm not sure how well it would work out if that was her only objective in the series.

I was under the impression that she was still looking for a goal she could do with Sprigatito. Finding out more about the pendant isn't nothing, but I'm not sure how well it would work out if that was her only objective in the series.
For the time being, it seems she's focused on learning about the pendant and befriending Dot/Nidothing. I don't think as well that it could work as her only objectives.

Roy for now seems to have interest in tracking down the other Pokemon used by this hero.

I'm just glad that the first capture of the series was for one of the new Pokemon. Plus, I like Wattrel. I still hope that both Liko and Roy teams will be primarily of Paldea Pokemon. I wouldn't be against Liko gettting a Galar Pokemon instead for her first capture, especially when plenty of Pokemon from that generation haven't been featured in the anime yet, but I just hope that they won't try to give them a lot of older Pokemon at least. They have plenty of other characters in the cast to showcase older Pokemon instead.

I'm just glad that the first capture of the series was for one of the new Pokemon. Plus, I like Wattrel. I still hope that both Liko and Roy teams will be primarily of Paldea Pokemon. I wouldn't be against Liko gettting a Galar Pokemon instead for her first capture, especially when plenty of Pokemon from that generation haven't been featured in the anime yet, but I just hope that they won't try to give them a lot of older Pokemon at least. They have plenty of other characters in the cast to showcase older Pokemon instead.
I do hope they get to catch Pokémon that are underfocused and not just franchise mascots everywhere. Shows how it was a good plan to have Friede own a Pikachu and Charizard, the two definitive mascots, so that they’re still in the main cast but also they don’t get shoehorned into Liko and Roy’s own teams.

I do hope they get to catch Pokémon that are underfocused and not just franchise mascots everywhere. Shows how it was a good plan to have Friede own a Pikachu and Charizard, the two definitive mascots, so that they’re still in the main cast but also they don’t get shoehorned into Liko and Roy’s own teams.

So far i find the Pokemon selection on the airship really good mix of fan favorites (Pikachu, Charizard, member of the Rockruff line) and underrepresented Pokemon (Slugma, Nosepass).

i do want Liko's pokemon to be outside of Paldea. She already has sprigatito which is Paldea originated. Besides, catching new pokemon is part of the journey of horizons.

needless to say, after the amnesia plot, Liko desperately needs a new pokemon so Sprigatito can learn to have new friends and more importantly Liko can have some extra protection that can help her when the explorers come to harass her again.

If Liko ends up making her first capture in Galar, I hope it’s a Toxel. Toxel never got to make an appearance in Journeys (aside from a being a background character). I feel Toxel would be a great addition for Liko!!

If Liko ends up making her first capture in Galar, I hope it’s a Toxel. Toxel never got to make an appearance in Journeys (aside from a being a background character). I feel Toxel would be a great addition for Liko!!
I was disappointed by how many Galarian Pokemon either didn't appear or were reduced to background characters with no movement or dialogue, Toxel would be a nice addition I feel

Back
Top Bottom