• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I mean I wouldn't be suprised if thats just because its the most popular one (In japan, based on the popularity poll).
I feel like if Sprigatito evolving takes a while, Fuecoco evolving also would. Seems like it would be imbalanced otherwise imo.

Especially assuming Fuecoco evolves all the way. Roy having this big final evolved starter while Liko still has sprigatito as sprigatito seems super wonky.

Meowscarada was evolved because its Trainer was an established battler. That’s it. These shorts have never been confirmed to be influenced by the main anime and there’s little reason to assume this one is either.

Also, Floragato’s entire gimmick is that it uses a yo-yo. What’s not kid-appealing about the 90s?

Meowscarada was evolved because its Trainer was an established battler. That’s it. These shorts have never been confirmed to be influenced by the main anime and there’s little reason to assume this one is either.

Also, Floragato’s entire gimmick is that it uses a yo-yo. What’s not kid-appealing about the 90s?
Basically they gotta get kids to buy Sprigatito plushies. This is still an anime whose primary purpose is to advertise merchandise, so don't expect much.

What will was going to happened to Ash, Pikachu, Jessie, James & Meowth? I missed them.

And they will never return outside of a hard reboot.
Considering that they just left a few months ago, it feels way too soon to say that they'll never return outside of a hard reboot. It really wouldn't be hard for them to include Ash and Team Rocket coming across Liko and Roy at some point during Horizons either. Not to mention they could still appear in a future Pokemon movie, even if it would be AU Ash and Team Rocket instead. We're still in pretty new territory, so it just feels like a bit much to be so certain of what they'll do with Ash in the future.

Considering that they just left a few months ago, it feels way too soon to say that they'll never return outside of a hard reboot. It really wouldn't be hard for them to include Ash and Team Rocket coming across Liko and Roy at some point during Horizons either. Not to mention they could still appear in a future Pokemon movie, even if it would be AU Ash and Team Rocket instead. We're still in pretty new territory, so it just feels like a bit much to be so certain of what they'll do with Ash in the future.
There's no place for their stories to go from here except to start over completely from scratch.

There's no place for their stories to go from here except to start over completely from scratch.
Not really. Ash himself didn't think that he had reached his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master. That was kind of a big point to the end of the To Be A Pokemon Master mini series. His story doesn't really have a conclusive ending, but rather a more open ended one since he's just out having off-screen adventures. It's especially weird to make this claim about Team Rocket when they had little focus in Journeys too. I don't think that the writers replaced Ash necessarily because they felt that he had no where left to go story wise. Even with becoming the number one ranked trainer in the world, it doesn't mean that Ash is unbeatable or couldn't have any believable struggles against new opponents, especially when they always have to retcon new regions and Pokemon into the anime. More importantly, I don't think that the writers would really care about where he could go story wise after keeping him around for over twenty years either, especially when I don't think that they planned Journeys to be Ash's sendoff from the start.

Besides all that, they can still easily bring Ash back for a couple of episodes or save him for movies. It would not be difficult to do either option there. Ash is too iconic to the anime to never appear again. I don't think that it would be that difficult or impossible for him to become the main lead again even without a reboot, but at the very least, I think the chances of Ash appearing sometime down the road is quite possible.

What Ash going to catch in offscreen over the series of Horizon?
Who knows? Like I said before, Ash isn't a part of the show anymore, so if he ever does return, then we'll be able to see what he's been up to in offscreenland. But if he really is gone for good, then those are things we'll never see and are left up to our imaginations.

Ash with Latios, just cuz.
I swear to God, if they actually end up doing that (or same thing, but with Latias, or both of them,) I'll be even more disappointed with To Be a Pokemon Master than I already am.
Yeah, I think that if Ash returns he'll be using Pokemon he already caught rather than reveal new captures.
And, if anything, it'll be that one of his older Pokemon evolved (a la Poipole,) learned a new move, or unlocked a new form (like Pidgeot or Heracross gaining the ability to Mega Evolve.)

Back
Top Bottom