• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon following you

I don't want it to be the first Pokemon in the party. What's so hard about creating an extra option in the Party Menu that says "follow"

Why if I want to battle with one Pokemon but have another one follow me?

Yeah, an extra sprite on the screen would totally suck all the joy out of the game.

Not like everyone wants to be forced having their Pokemon follow them. You should be given the option since these Pokemon don't suffer from 'Pikachu' syndrome.

I don't see why they'd force it on you. It's quite likely they'll have an option to keep it in or let it out. I just think it would be cool going around with around 200 pounds of Meganium to back me up. Or, failing that, Giratina's cool too.

I don't want it to be the first Pokemon in the party. What's so hard about creating an extra option in the Party Menu that says "follow"

I will admit, it will look funny when I am training my magikarp into a gyrados prior to the second badge. Oh well, I'll get over it.

If it bothers you that much, switch out right before a battle.

Do you think theres a way to not have one follow you? Just wondering.

And what about using HMs? Like surf and rock climb? Will you have to return the Pokemon or something?

Do you think theres a way to not have one follow you? Just wondering.

And what about using HMs? Like surf and rock climb? Will you have to return the Pokemon or something?

Does it really bother you guys so much to have a pokemon follow you?

It won't bother me if it follows me or not. But it is nice they do get to follow you but it's also nice if you get tired of it to have an option not to have them follow you.

I think it would be weird if they didn't have the option of getting rid of it but I don't really care one way or the other. I actually quite like this addition, seeing as I didn't get to play Yellow, this'll be fairly new to me at least.

I never said it bothered me, please stop trying to attack everyone. Its annoying.

Anyway, does anyone know? Because I was just wondering.

There'll probably be a follow thing in the Options menu, Mooites. I'd be surprised if not, since you can switch off battle animations. Another assumption of mine: if there's an egg in your party, your second pokemon will follow.

I never said it bothered me, please stop trying to attack everyone. Its annoying.

Anyway, does anyone know? Because I was just wondering.

No need to be defensive. I'm not attacking. I'm just curios as to why people seem to want to turn off a feature like this. It's cool. It's something a lot of fans loved about pokemon yellow. It's why I bought pokemon yellow.

No need to be defensive. I'm not attacking. I'm just curios as to why people seem to want to turn off a feature like this. It's cool. It's something a lot of fans loved about pokemon yellow. It's why I bought pokemon yellow.

I think its cool too. And I deffinitely want to try it out! But I just want to make clear that Im not saying I dislike it just because I have some questions about how it'll work out.

Cool :)

Okay, well I'm glad we got that cleared up.

If we can turn it off, it'll probably be in options like with battle animations.

I think that maybe a good thing about this is that since all the Pokemon will have overworld sprites and stuff because in G/S/C Day-Care you are able to see your Pokemon while they are in their and now that they all have their own overworld sprite they can still do that now right?

I never played Yellow, but does your Pikachu ever get in the way? I mean, if your Pikachu is behind you, and you turn around and walk south, will Pikachu act as an obstacle, or just it switch places with you?

Okay, thanks. Is there any video of the following animation, and does it look weird in 3D? I guess the answer would be no, else GF wouldn't do it, but is there video anywhere?

I think that maybe a good thing about this is that since all the Pokemon will have overworld sprites and stuff because in G/S/C Day-Care you are able to see your Pokemon while they are in their and now that they all have their own overworld sprite they can still do that now right?

It also lets GameFreak use any Pokemon in the storyline or background art, instead of falling back on Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and more Pikachu like they usually did.

May seem a little useless, but I guess it means all 493 Pokedolls for your bedroom.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom