• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Game in 2017

What pokemon game do you want to see in 2017 after Sun and Moon

• Gen 4 Remake

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Sun and Moon Sequel

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Pokemon Eclipse

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Pokemon Kanto Sequel

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Pokemon Spin-off (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2017)

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • None of the above, 2017 will have a break year

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters
If Stars is real, when would people want it to be released?

I think that it'll be Friday, the 17th of November with Europe on Wednesday, the 22th of November.
I say never in my opinion. I haven't seen concrete evidence of Stars so I wouldn't predict a release date yet.

I hope stars is a launch title or very close to it.

I can just use the cash I saved up for breath of the wild to buy it since the latter got delayed.

Okay, since they're a rumor of Pokemon Stars and Speculation on DP remakes, In my mind I can't think what game will come out next year. So far we're getting hints on DP remake and Datamine leakers for Pokemon Stars. Basically GF can release one pokemon game only, it could go both ways, but pokemon is evolving with newer materials, so I don''t think that's the case, If you can choose one game only, What game do you think they'll release next year, either DP remake on 3Ds or Switch or Pokemon Stars on Nintendo Switch. What do you think?

If Stars is real, when would people want it to be released?

I think that it'll be Friday, the 17th of November with Europe on Wednesday, the 22th of November.

Let's make that November 17th for Europe and the 22th for the rest of the world this time, shall we? ;)

Since they said late 2017, I assume it's going to be November too, though.

DP "hints" but like,

- Redesigns for Colress, Grimsley, and Burnet
- Dimensional Research Lab references the Dream Radar
- Female Backpacker Trainer class is back (previously it was only in Gen V)
- Join Avenue is back (Festival Plaza)
- Scaled EXP is back
- Shaking grass is back in some form
- We can battle Game Freak Morimoto again
- Alola is the second region based on a U.S. state; Unova was the first
- More prominent storyline approaching Gen V levels
- An Aether employee specifically mentions working in Driftveil to help stolen Pokémon (i.e. they were in Rood's Team Plasma)
- Two Unova Pokémon now have weather Abilities; what was popular in Gen V? Weather teams
- Portals to the opposite game's world - also done in BW (rather than just alluding to the other version like Archie/Maxie)
- Only one fishing rod; what was the other Gen with only one fishing rod? Gen V
- Battle Tree is reminiscent of the White Treehollow
- A Backpacker in ORAS who gives us a Globe decoration tells us to "come to Castelia one day" and what are the Gen VI Backpackers now famous for? Giving us an item from their region while telling us (in the form of a suggestion) that it's where we're going to visit two releases from now

I think it is Unova that is confirmed; this evidence cannot be denied

I'm totally not serious by the way

Last edited:
Yes, Unova has more hints than Sinnoh. But, that does not mean that Unova would be next (I would want to see a Unova remake tho).

But Stars has more credibility than Sinnoh remakes. Also, we know that Stars hasn't any evidence. Stop reminding us of the same statement over and over.
Actually go to this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGGGnh6myAc

Also there's rumor wel actually dataminer talked about that pokemon gyms will appear in Pokemon Stars, walking with pokemon will appear, and Pokemon star will cover Marshadow and Nekrozma will have a story involving them too.

But Stars has more credibility than Sinnoh remakes. Also, we know that Stars hasn't any evidence. Stop reminding us of the same statement over and over.
No it hasn't. Stars is in the same boat as dp remake. Don't tell me to not do something.

Stars at least has people backing it up. The only hint DP has are references in the games. Fun fact so do Kanto and all the other regions
People backing up Stars means nothing. They have no idea if it is real or not. Stars is just as real as DP remakes at the moment.

Who know what'll happen we might see DP remake or Pokemon Stars?
Why don't everybody in this thread right now give out predictions and speculations on DP remake and Pokemon Stars. Let's keep this going, give out your speculation and predictions till it hurts, it could be anything, you can use the materials from The Generation IV Remake Discussion, Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread, and Generation VII confirmed!. You can come up with your own ideas, like for example @Esserise came up with this
"So let's have these sequels set ten or so years later, and in the intervening time, distortions have begun to appear all over the Sinnoh region. This has caused an influx of Pokémon that have fallen into Sinnoh from all over space and time (this reinvigorates the regional Dex). There are eight key distortions around the region. The Gym challenge is now intertwined with this plot, and before you can challenge a Gym, you must now assist the Gym Leader in dealing with the distortion in their area. This leads to what is functionally a Totem battle, but reskinned as 'Interdimensional' or something to that effect"
. @Esserise came up with this too
Human/Pokémon fusions like Lusamine/Nihilego's merger, and if that's something they might build on. For my part, I would really rather that they did not, and left it as something particular to Lusamine, but with one potential exception - Cyrus merging with something could make a lot of sense. He always talks about "making the power of the Legendary Pokémon his own," and what better way to do that than to fuse with one?

What's amusing to me is that, in my aforementioned proposal for DP sequels, I suggested that the force behind the distortions could be revealed to be Cyrus, having turned into an Ultra Beast-like being after spending a long time in the Distortion World. This was back when we all thought there'd be some fundamental connection between the UBs and the various human characters, but I feel like a version of my idea could potentially still survive, though not quite as I'd imagined it. I want to see what kind of ideas you have for DP remake prediction and Pokemon Star predictions.

Finally @Esserise said
Well to be clear, I don't want them to follow the same exact mold. I just don't think traditional Gyms should cut it anymore.

Several pages previous in this thread, I actually proposed an (extremely ambitious and improbable) idea for Sinnoh sequels, but there is one part of it that I think could work just as well, with a little tinkering, in order to spice up the Badge quest:

> "So let's have these sequels set ten or so years later, and in the intervening time, distortions have begun to appear all over the Sinnoh region. This has caused an influx of Pokémon that have fallen into Sinnoh from all over space and time (this reinvigorates the regional Dex). There are eight key distortions around the region. The Gym challenge is now intertwined with this plot, and before you can challenge a Gym, you must now assist the Gym Leader in dealing with the distortion in their area. This leads to what is functionally a Totem battle, but reskinned as 'Interdimensional' or something to that effect."

Even though sequels aren't going to happen, I'm sure there could still be a way of writing such distortions into the plot in straight-up remakes. I actually wrote the above text long before SM came out, but conveniently, the UB battles in those games function pretty much exactly like I was picturing for this concept - powerful Pokémon emerge from a wormhole and surround themselves with an aura using the runoff energy from the wormhole they emerged from.

It doesn't really need to replace the Gyms, it just needs to exist alongside them and invigorate them enough to keep them on the level of activity that Trials involve. Besides, several of the cities with Gyms in Sinnoh also have certain landmarks that could function similarly to Trial sites (except in this case, they'd be the places where the distortions are appearing). Oreburgh has the mine, Eterna City has the forest, Hearthome could use Amity Square (tying that in a bit more), Pastoria could use the Great Marsh...

Furthermore, I'd stress that these distortions would be a recent development in-universe, and not something that would normally be a part of the Badge quest, which should help to make it feel less like Sinnoh just decided to copy Alola's Trials for the hell of it. They would only really be intersecting with your Badge quest by coincidence, and you just happen to be a conveniently timed assistant for the Gym Leaders, who are already investigating them.

Both of those are really good ideas, nice @Esserise :), let's see if you can come up with something, because I'm so hyped on what pokemon we'll get next year. I wanna see you guys come up with ideas like @Esserise did, like I said it could be anything

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom