• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Some people who calls "Riko is Satoshi's daughter" theory as jumping into conclusion seems very quick to jump into conclusions themselves about their fellow fans.
Exactly, especially with the limited information on this show so far. It’s wait and see, but there’s many jumping into conclusions already

It will be like when many thought Journeys was gonna be a total reboot of the anime when it was first announced, but that of course was not the case

By the way on another topic, I hope for the opening for this new series, it is not the opening throughout the WHOLE series. I liked '1, 2, 3' of Journeys, but even with new versions, it eventually got stale.

Last edited:
First look at the official artwork of Liko and Roy from Pokemon (2023) via CoroCoro

Fo_BoJGWAAIfUAT.png

Some people who calls "Riko is Satoshi's daughter" theory as jumping into conclusion seems very quick to jump into conclusions themselves about their fellow fans.
That’s a false equivalence. While there’s little information pertaining to the new series, there is nothing to suggest that this is a sequel series or a next generation series and those who theorize that she’s his daughter formulated that based on an exceptional reach based on nothing more than a hair clip. To say those who point out that the one group is jumping to conclusions are the same is being disingenuous and ignoring the entire context.

We're also supposed to get new information this week, so we might get some footage tomorrow. Getting something on Pokemon Day is also a possibility, but I wouldn't be surprised if they put more focus on the games instead of the anime, especially when we probably won't get any dub for the new series until late this year.

In Serebii forum, Dephender makes a translation from the magazine:

"What kind of adventures will unfold in the new Pocket Monsters series scheduled to start in April?!
"Roy travels with Liko. Who will his partner be...?"
"What is the meaning of the pendant shining on Liko's chest"?
"The series is set in the entire Pokémon world, including the Paldea region, the setting of Pocket Monsters SV"
"What is the connection between the two protagonists and the alternately colored Rayquaza?!"

PS: It isn't really new information.

Last edited:
Sucks that there was no new information in the magazine, but I am interest by the line about Roy's partner. We keep seeing Liko with only Sprigatito and we basically see her choose it in the trailer so it seems to obviously be hers. Meanwhile, Roy constantly is pictured with both Fuecoco and Quaxly. It makes me wonder if maybe he'll somehow be put into a spot where he ends up picking/obtaining both as his first Pokemon. Would be interesting.

I find it interesting that in some pictures Riko has her pendant over her chest whilst others have her wearing the wrap around bag instead. Makes me wonder if there's any significance to that like she tries to hide the pendant when in public, or if I'm just overthinking it and that line art of her is from the first episode or something where she just doesn't have the pendant yet. :unsure:

I find it interesting that in some pictures Riko has her pendant over her chest whilst others have her wearing the wrap around bag instead. Makes me wonder if there's any significance to that like she tries to hide the pendant when in public, or if I'm just overthinking it and that line art of her is from the first episode or something where she just doesn't have the pendant yet. :unsure:

She already has the pendant (look at her neck), it's just hidden under her shirt.

I really doubt the bag is necessary to hide the pendant. That should just be the way she carry her bag.

Back
Top Bottom