• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Yeah, I’m seeing so many people claim that she’s Ash’s daughter - is it just speculation or was there some other source to suggest this?
I think the main basis for this is just the hairclip? I've also seen someone point to her blue eyes to suggest she's an Amourshipping child... but that all feels like a massive stretch. I doubt she actually is Ash's daughter, it just seems like a fun little nod to OS.

I might watch an episode or two of this series, but I really don't have any intention of following along for the long run.

I kept watching Pokémon because Ash was the character I've grown up with my entire life, who I just adored and always wanted to be like. At this point, now being fully grown up, I cannot imagine myself getting invested in two new characters the same way. I can appreciate the fact they're continuing the anime for kids today and maybe these two will become their version of what Ash and his friends were to me. But for me, the time has come to move on.

Also, I will say if that is Ash's kid it's a pretty big ick. The worst thing a show can do is step into fanfiction territory (and I saw this as an avid fanfiction reader and writer.) Hopefully she's unrelated and they just let her do her own thing. Even if I'm not interested in watching the series, I think it's cool the main protagonist is finally a girl and she should be able to stand on her own.

Not a huge fan of the boy's design, did they really need to give him that weird red tuff of hair? That shiny Rayquazza does have me interested, though. I wonder what its appearance means.

I have seen it all.

Japanese version of the anime with subs on the official English Pokemon YouTube channel.

Wait, really? Which episodes? The early episodes or the newest episodes???

As for this new series and Ash ending...it's kinda surreal. All of us have grown up with Ash and his friends, even if there were times when he really overstayed his welcome, so I'm sure the parting will be bittersweet for a lot of us. But I am genuinely curious to see the direction this new series is going to go in.

I'm going to bet the shiny rayquaza will play a similar role to ho-oh in the og. Now why its rayquaza specifically I have zero clue.

Side note I wonder how long the dub watchers will have to wait, I hope they abandon the releasing in batches format.

Side note I wonder how long the dub watchers will have to wait, I hope they abandon the releasing in batches format.
Here’s to hoping the dubs retain the original music and themes. Not that I think Ash’s presence was the reason why that didn’t happen in the first place, but I’m hoping a more faithful dub approach is taken for the new series.

Fun fact: I first saw the tweet when I was at the gym mid rest between my lateral raises set and I was so shocked I dropped the 10kg barbell I was holding on the floor and it nearly hit my foot. It missed by like, roughly an inch. That was gonna be fun, lemme tell you.

Just... Wow. Omg. I truly don't know what to say. We've always talked about Ash leaving but it always has been this.... distant, hypothetical possibility that I guess pretty much everyone knew deep down it was never gonna be real but.... it is. He's actually leaving the anime. For real. No bait. No hypothesis.

I genuinely don't know what to say, I'm not gonna lie.

Yo I know this is waayy into the future but how cool would it be if one of the new protagonist fought Ash in a red-like fight after they've become champion or somethin?

While still shocked by such earthquake, I am no longer appalled or outraged.
For me this is a new Anime, instead of being another Series.

I decided to wait for them to reveal more about the new protagonists.
Backgrounds, personalities, goals; and including the reveal of the seiyuus.
Before deciding if I would watch it or not.

Though why I was pissed at first was the issue Journeys had with creating and developing new characters.
If that trend keeps on then we may end up with 'Two' controversial/divisive or hated protagonists.
If the audience don't care about or hate the characters, then the story won't matter to them.
And this time the staff won't have Satoshi's safer route, or the Nostalgia pandering, to ease things.

Let's hope they had learnt something and don't mess up developments this time.....
Unless they had to resort to pull Satoshi out of retirement in order to save the series.
(Insert Thanos 'could not live with your own failure' meme)

Honestly, I'm really excited for this new series. The new character designs are really cool and I have a suspicion based on the placement of said characters on the poster that the main protagonist is the girl, Riko. Which, finally! There isn't enough information yet to say definitively if this series will be promising, but I feel as if the fact that they are willing to start with a clean slate leaves a whole bunch of possibilities for the writers to explore. It feels new and fresh and exciting all at once.

I'm still in a half state of shock, however. I personally just couldn't see the anime continuing with Ash after his battle with Leon, albeit I kept that opinion to myself: yet it STILL managed to surprise me. I think this retirement of Ash and Team Rocket is long overdue, but I will definitely still miss them. Team Rocket's silly dynamics with Ash, their unique relationships with their pokemon, Ash's Pokemon, the various dynamics between Ash and all of his friends each series...oh, and the memes about Ash never aging, of course. XP

Here's to hoping that Ash, Pikachu, Team Rocket, and all the characters everyone knows and loves will get a final sendoff in the "final chapter" of Ash's journey. I'm hyped already!

The thing I'm most surprised is that Pikachu (or rather the species) is very likely to have it's role massively reduced come next series even with it still being the mascot.

But then again I would very well be judging all future Pikachu's in the anime with watchful eyes as a Pikachu fan especially after how far Ash's has come and grown as his partner so maybe it's for the best, lol.

I like the new girl she looks rather cute I wonder what her goal will be.

I hope that the rivals and battles turn out well.

Just saw someone say the tera orb crystal necklace of Riko was a thunderstone to try and prove she is Ash's daughter.
The internet man, it's a wacky place, cant even have nods to Ash in the design with the hair clip.

I will say though if she somehow is his daughter, I garuntee they will never reveal who the mom is.

I think I am in many ways conflicted on their decision, I think their was a natural changing over point.

A point where Ash had grown and developed as a character and it would be logical point to wrap his arc as the main character up and that was dp.

From the beginning of the show until the end of dp the character had gradually grown and developed to where he was in many ways a different version of himself than what he was at the beginning.

It would have seemed completely logical within his arc at that point in the series if he won the league rather than losing in somewhat of a ridiculous and forced way.

That instead he won the league and it progressed to be similar to what they have done currently with him beating the champions.

They could have feasibly done it in about a dozen episodes and feature numerous callbacks and return appearances.

From their dawn would become the new main character joined in the next series by a new trainer and ash possibly continuing as recurring character.

But either way I believe myself and many would have knee jerk reaction to the change it is instinctive response for many.

But I hope they able to do something a least partly rewarding to wrap up his arc.

And I certainly hope the best for the series going forward that they introduce some well written characters that the writing for the series as a whole is consistent in quality as I also hope for all aspects.

Instead in my opinion they treated his character erratically and inconsistently since then, so it feels less earned and impactful and to me don't feel a natural ending point for the character.

But I am likely misguided in some aspects truthfully since dp I have watched the show very erratically.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom