• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

It does appear that with their partners being the Paldean starters that it is very likely that Riko and Roy are only for this series. I'm thinking that they will now adopt the Power Rangers/Super Sentai route of changing out the main cast every season, but with older characters making occasional guest appearances.

Problem with your argument that in this instance... we don't know who the father is.

While we do know both Ash and Serena and neither have blue hair.
I don't want to continue debate but your point don't change anything. A black hair woman and a black hair man can have a fair hair child in real life and in anime logic possibilities are wilder.

I may to visit my doctor for my eyes but this girl's hair isn't totally blue and for me it's black more than blue. It seems she has black hair and painted some part to blue as any other woman.

Joke or not is she look like Ash&Serena's potantial daughter? For me yes. Saying she can't be because of hair color don't make any sense neither in real life nor in anime.

If this new series does take place in the same continuity, it’d be interesting if they took an approach similar to Valt Aoi in the Beyblade Burst series with Ash where, while not being the protagonist, he’s a legendary trainer who still has an active supporting role in the series for the new protagonists.

If this new series does take place in the same continuity, it’d be interesting if they took an approach similar to Valt Aoi in the Beyblade Burst series with Ash where, while not being the protagonist, he’s a legendary trainer who still has an active supporting role in the series for the new protagonists.
That’s what I hope will happen too

It would amuse me to no end if they went the "Digimon Tamers" way about it and had Ash's adventures be a TV show in the Pokémon world that the protagonists all watched and were inspired by. :ROFLMAO:
Wait, this is something that really happened before? I did place this random idea somewhere on the forum. But like Southpark would say: "Digimon did it!".

I wonder if one of the characters is gonna catch a Pikachu and it's just gonna become a Shouldermon for no reason like Grookey. Seems weird to not have a Pikachu in this series considering he's the face of the franchise.
One of my friends IRL and I had this discussion. I agree with this wondering. Pikachu is the face of the franchise, even more than Ash. They gave Goh a Pikachu to help put him on par with Ash, but then had it evolve into a Raichu to separate Ash's Pikachu from Goh's. If Liko (the one that has the Ash hairpin) doesn't get a Pikachu at some point, I will be surprised. Sure, Roy could, but it is less likely.

Wait, this is something that really happened before? I did place this random idea somewhere on the forum. But like Southpark would say: "Digimon did it!".
In fact, it is never confirmed that "Digimon Adventure" was a TV show in "Digimon Tamers". It's just a theory from fans because characters in "Digimon Tamers" know about Digimon as a card game franchise.

I know the series is ages from airing, thus it's pretty pointless to post much, but considering my hopes for the series are unlikely to even happen, I may as well post them now :p

So, even though it's been confirmed that this not a Scarlet and Violet series and we're going region hopping again, I am still HOPING that they'll find some way to incorporate elements from the newest games. After two series in a row completely sleeping on the game's main plots, I really don't want to see a repeat of that here. So I had an idea for how they can do their little region hopping and acknowledge Scarlet and Violet.

I'm hoping that Riko and Roy will have a goal similar to the Treasure Hunt in SV. Perhaps they each want to find their own personal treasure and that leads to them traveling the world to do different things. This allows them to follow the main story of SV but in their region hopping format, which actually could expand upon it in an interesting way if done well enough. It also isn't as vague as Ash's stupid goal in that it can actually have a tangible ending by the time Riko and Roy need to go adios.

Second, and this has like a .0000000001% chance of happening, but I hope Riko and Roy will not be traveling companions. I would love if they possibly started out in the same location, like maybe cough a school, but split off into their own separate adventures. They could meet up every so often, but I hope they won't travel together. One reason for this is, again, to reference SV. There, the entire academy gets the Treasure Hunt assignment, but it's independent study. The students may meet up every so often, but their primary journey is alone. This would also allow us to see more of the adventures and different regions in different ways, very much how SV's story is open and can be done in ay order even though there are still the same tasks for each player. In the same way, this would allow for both Riko and Roy to take on Starfall Street, Path of Legends, and Victory Road, but in different ways and at different times should the show actually incorporate them.

Example: maybe in one episode Riko is in Sinnoh doing stuff while Roy is in Kalos doing something else. Then in another episode, they can both be in Paldea but one is battling Brassius while the other is battling a different gym leader on the other side of the map. And this could apply to all 3 stories and any major events. Again, I think this would be a perfect way to region hop, show off all of the regions, ease up on fillers, and acknowledge SV's story. And to go even further, they could even show off some of the stuff that was ignored in the past two gens. Riko and Roy could decide to take on the Island Trials and Galar Gym leaders that we barely got to see in SuMo and Journeys. And maybe even stuff like musicals and the Pokeathlon. Probably not going to happen, but it would be a great way to give the new kids and their Pokemon lots to do.

Lastly, and this is super minor, but I hope there won't be a set base area similar to Kukui's house or the lab in Journeys were everyone stays at all of the time. I'd like to see the protagonists constantly traveling, similar to past series. BUT if there MUST be one, please don't make it fcking Kanto. Let it be either in Paldea or Galar. Paldea makes the most logical sense, but if not, put it in Galar since we barely saw any of it in Journeys. And hell, on that note, Kanto should be getting the least amount of screentime in this series. Paldea, Galar, and Alola deserve to actually get their time to shine. Kanto, Sinnoh, and the other regions we've already seen plenty of can take a back seat. Knowing this franchise, I doubt this will happen, and we'll likely get the most episodes in Kanto, but MAN I hope they'll show the newer and more neglected regions some love.

Alright, can't wait for these dreams to be slashed into pieces as more info comes out. :bulbaWave:

In fact, it is never confirmed that "Digimon Adventure" was a TV show in "Digimon Tamers". It's just a theory from fans because characters in "Digimon Tamers" know about Digimon as a card game franchise.
I thought that was a dub only thing?

If there was ever any real doubt, it was put to rest in Hunters when Takato acknowledges having known of Taichi and Daisuke before the team-up.

Wait has it been confirmed that they will be region-hopping like in Journeys? I assumed that was just fan interpenetration of the promotional blurb.

I know the series is ages from airing, thus it's pretty pointless to post much, but considering my hopes for the series are unlikely to even happen, I may as well post them now :p

So, even though it's been confirmed that this not a Scarlet and Violet series and we're going region hopping again, I am still HOPING that they'll find some way to incorporate elements from the newest games. After two series in a row completely sleeping on the game's main plots, I really don't want to see a repeat of that here. So I had an idea for how they can do their little region hopping and acknowledge Scarlet and Violet.

I'm hoping that Riko and Roy will have a goal similar to the Treasure Hunt in SV. Perhaps they each want to find their own personal treasure and that leads to them traveling the world to do different things. This allows them to follow the main story of SV but in their region hopping format, which actually could expand upon it in an interesting way if done well enough. It also isn't as vague as Ash's stupid goal in that it can actually have a tangible ending by the time Riko and Roy need to go adios.

Second, and this has like a .0000000001% chance of happening, but I hope Riko and Roy will not be traveling companions. I would love if they possibly started out in the same location, like maybe cough a school, but split off into their own separate adventures. They could meet up every so often, but I hope they won't travel together. One reason for this is, again, to reference SV. There, the entire academy gets the Treasure Hunt assignment, but it's independent study. The students may meet up every so often, but their primary journey is alone. This would also allow us to see more of the adventures and different regions in different ways, very much how SV's story is open and can be done in ay order even though there are still the same tasks for each player. In the same way, this would allow for both Riko and Roy to take on Starfall Street, Path of Legends, and Victory Road, but in different ways and at different times should the show actually incorporate them.

Example: maybe in one episode Riko is in Sinnoh doing stuff while Roy is in Kalos doing something else. Then in another episode, they can both be in Paldea but one is battling Brassius while the other is battling a different gym leader on the other side of the map. And this could apply to all 3 stories and any major events. Again, I think this would be a perfect way to region hop, show off all of the regions, ease up on fillers, and acknowledge SV's story. And to go even further, they could even show off some of the stuff that was ignored in the past two gens. Riko and Roy could decide to take on the Island Trials and Galar Gym leaders that we barely got to see in SuMo and Journeys. And maybe even stuff like musicals and the Pokeathlon. Probably not going to happen, but it would be a great way to give the new kids and their Pokemon lots to do.

Lastly, and this is super minor, but I hope there won't be a set base area similar to Kukui's house or the lab in Journeys were everyone stays at all of the time. I'd like to see the protagonists constantly traveling, similar to past series. BUT if there MUST be one, please don't make it fcking Kanto. Let it be either in Paldea or Galar. Paldea makes the most logical sense, but if not, put it in Galar since we barely saw any of it in Journeys. And hell, on that note, Kanto should be getting the least amount of screentime in this series. Paldea, Galar, and Alola deserve to actually get their time to shine. Kanto, Sinnoh, and the other regions we've already seen plenty of can take a back seat. Knowing this franchise, I doubt this will happen, and we'll likely get the most episodes in Kanto, but MAN I hope they'll show the newer and more neglected regions some love.

Alright, can't wait for these dreams to be slashed into pieces as more info comes out. :bulbaWave:
No, nothing has been confirmed and anyway I doubt very much that they will continue with the format of visiting other regions that have already been visited.

The timeline for Tamers on Konaka's site says that Adventure and 02 aired in the Tamers universe, Takato says it's cool to see Adventure era Taichi side by side with Daisuke in Hunters, and the Adventure PSP Game has Takato amazed to be with Taichi and Agumon because Digimon is all the rage in his world.

It's not a theory from fans, it's just true.

I have a feeling we will be focusing on Paldea. Getting Liko and Roy to take on the Gyms. Frankly, I would like to see the two of them (if they choose to travel together through Paldea) battle each other to determine who would take on each Gym. Just a thought that it would be interesting.

I have a feeling we will be focusing on Paldea. Getting Liko and Roy to take on the Gyms. Frankly, I would like to see the two of them (if they choose to travel together through Paldea) battle each other to determine who would take on each Gym. Just a thought that it would be interesting.
I don't think that we'll be seeing any Gym Battles this generation.

I don't think that we'll be seeing any Gym Battles this generation.

I think with Ash gone, the Gyms are open again because our new protagonists are newbies. They can't make the Gyms a cakewalk like Ash.

Part of the reason why I argue for Ash to not do Gyms after all he has accomplished is because there is no way to make the Gyms an exciting prospect for the audience when A) Ash would easily steamroll them if he's kept to World Champion level or B) Ash struggling against them would undermine his achievements of the past even with a brand new team.

I think with Ash gone, the Gyms are open again because our new protagonists are newbies. They can't make the Gyms a cakewalk like Ash.

True. However, there are hints in the trailer that the new season won't exclusively focus on Paldea.

For example: Although the protagonists will have the Paldea starters, it seems they will choose them between all the starters (who appear in the trailer).

Back
Top Bottom