• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Director - Saori Den
Creative Director - Daiki Tomiyasu
Action Director - Tetsuo Yajima
Series Composition - Dai Satou
Character Design - Rei Yamazaki
Sub Character Design - Kyoko Ito
Sound Director - Masafumi Mima
Music - Conisch

Also the staff for the new series.

So we've got a new director, new character designers (Shuhei Yasuda's gone) and new composer (no Yuki Hayashi either).

Conisch was a composer for Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal, Sonny Boy and Scar on the Praeter and was previously involved with the franchise with his work on Twilight Wings.

This is the first time Rei is taking the helm as a character designer and the same for Kyoko who was a animation director for JN.

Director - Saori Den
Music - Conisch
Pretty good resumes all around. I assume Saori Den and character designers are women. It's also nice to see Regina's voice as the new protagonist.

At this point I expect it too much to get sad over more Charizard.
Anyways looks like it should be a fun series.
Liko wants to explore for... something. And Roy wants to battle legendaries (Hopefully including the paldean ones).
Cant tell if the animation quality is better than journeys or not. And if it's just because its the first episode if it is.

Director - Saori Den
Music - Conisch

Also the staff for the new series.

So we've got a new director, new character designers (Shuhei Yasuda's gone) and new composer (no Yuki Hayashi either).

Conisch was a composer for Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal, Sonny Boy and Scar on the Praeter and was previously involved with the franchise with his work on Twilight Wings.

This is the first time Rei is taking the helm as a character designer and the same for Kyoko who was a animation director for JN.
No more Hayashi Yuki :(

Glad we finally got a trailer showing some footage from the show! I would have liked to see more of Roy, but aside from that I'm pleased. At least we learned a bit about what he wants to do on his journey, whereas with Liko it was a bit more vague. Hopefully we'll start seeing more trailers. And it was nice to finally hear he characters' voices. I'm so pleased to be seeing a lot of Paldean Pokemon right off the bat. Already better than Journeys in showing some new Pokemon.

So far the animation looks really good. Especially the scene with Friede flying with Charizard and Sprigatito vs Ceruledge one. The characters do not look like your generic protagonist either. I am kind of hyped by what we have so far. It looks promising as of now.

I'm a little worried that they might focus more on Roy and Friede. Roy seems to have the plot with Rayquaza and Friede is the one with the Genwunner nostalgia. I'm glad that we finally have a female protagonist again though.

I wonder what school Liko goes to. They have already established that she is from Paldea but it doesn't seem like the school from the games. Unfair that she gets to wear a skirt but we don't lol.

The trailer was pretty good. It was nice to hear Riko and Roy's voices, as well as getting more staff information. Roy wanting to challenge some Legendary Pokemon does make me wonder if he'll be more battle active than Riko, but it's too early to say when her goal sounds more vague by comparison. The poster looks pretty cool and having a few Paldea Pokemon there hopefully means that they won't ignore the new Pokemon in favor of older ones. It also looks like Sprigatito and Fuecoco are basically confirmed to be the partner Pokemon for Riko and Roy given what we see from the trailer and the poster. Quaxly not being associated with either of them does make me wonder what role it will have. It also looks like there's a blimp or something on the corner where all of the Pokemon are falling through, so it's possible that could be their home base, or at least how they travel between regions.

I'm not surprised that Ikue Otani is still voicing Captain Pikachu. She has voiced Pikachu outside of the anime for years and even though the main series games don't seem to have Pikachu speak anymore, or at least they haven't for both Legends Arceus and Scarlet/Violet, they still probably wanted to keep Pikachu's voice consistent. It is kind of sad to imagine that she'll be playing a Pikachu in the anime without Rica Matsumoto alongside her though.

Getting official subbed trailers for the anime does make me wonder if it is more likely for official subs to happen. It's probably more likely that TPCI wants to announce new details for the series themselves instead of letting everything be translated by fans, but considering that we probably won't get a dub until late this year, depending on when Netflix releases the rest of Journeys, it would be neat to have official subs. I wouldn't bet any money on it, but it would be nice and it would appeal to plenty of fans out there.

Dai Sato is a pretty big get when it comes to writing. He is a frequent collaborator with director Shinchiro Watanabe and got his big start writing episodes of Cowboy Bebop. He was also the head writer of Eureka Seven.

Also, no surprise that XY director Tetsuo Yajima is in charge of action (I'm assuming that means he will help plan out the battles).

Another trainer with a Chrizard! Oh boy haven’t seen one in the anime in long time! /s

As long it’s mostly used as a ride Pokemon and it doesn’t hog too much screen time from Paldean Pokemon or becomes unexplainably OP, I won’t mind too much.

Now waiting to see who the inevitable Lucario trainer is going to be this series, or the Eevee that won’t evolve?

Charizard may as well the third mascot of Pokemon at this point

Anyways, I am HYPED for this new series. Visually, it is looking nice so far. It does seem to resemble the style shown in Journeys, but with more color shading. And great to know it is confirmed Sprgatito will be going to Riko. Riko's VA voiced Regina in Journeys, while Roy's VA voiced Korina in XY and Journeys.

I would have wanted Captain Pikachu to be voiced by someone else, but good to know Otani will stick around

Also great to see Tetuso Yajima back on board as action director. One thing that many will know of Yajima is how great he is when it comes to directing battle scenes, especially with the 3D camera that was used throughout XY. Hopefully we see a return of that

Have they confirmed Ikue Ohtani as Capt Pikachu’s voice? I know it sounds like her. Kind of feel it’s sacrilegious for her to be back on the main cast not as Satoshi’s Pikachu!

Back
Top Bottom