• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Anime wise Liko and pals are definitely going to be making their way there soon enough. Considering they seem to be ignoring characters from the prior era as of now I wonder if this means that we'll see another character from the games making their anime debut in a similar fashion to Kabu in Galar.
Only ones I can think of are Emma from the postgame looker thing, and the battle facility boss people. Pretty sure everyone else showed up (Also the male protag I guess?)

I've gotta admit I was hella surprised by the announcement of Pokémon Legends: Z-A so it's good to see them getting another crack at Kalos and I'm excited to see what sort of plans they'll have for the game.

Anime wise Liko and pals are definitely going to be making their way there soon enough.
Don't get your hopes up. I don't think there will be an anime promotion for this game anytime soon, since it's still far from its release (we don't even know its plot).

Hear me out guys

Liko with a Fenniken as Kalos promotion!

Liko with Meowscarada, Hattrene and Delphox would go so hard as a Witch/Magical Girl team
Why not go further and make it an RPG-themed team (which some people speculate), especially if they set up Liko's team to be the next Six Heroes.

Meowscarada is the speedy fighter

Hetterene could be the Healer/White Mage

So Delphox as the black mage could work

IDK if I expect this to happen, but I hope they make use of PLZA to do something with Xerneas and Yveltal (Even if decently minor) like they did with Dialga and Palkia in Journeys due to PLA.
I say this because I just realized how LITTLE those two did in the XY anime outside of the movies, it was litterally barely anything greater than cameos (Yveltals one not even happening untill the special episodes).
Even something super basic like the aformentioned Journeys thing would be nice.

I do think some XY anime characters can and will show up for Legends: Z-A promotion, even without Ash in the picture. When Ash was announced to leave the anime, they never said anything about other characters not being able to come back. Nobody outside of the Original Series cast was featured in a way that made it feel like they had full closure anyways. And I think the majority of them would work in Horizons:

First off, I think Clemont and Bonnie have to return if they visit Lumiose for a Legends: Z-A arc. They're too intertwined with the city itself not to show up. Plus I could see them working well with the Horizons cast. Clemont and Orla bonding over machines would be cool for instance. Also maybe Bonnie can finally reunite with Squishy/Zygarde this time around.

I would love Serena to make another return too. Given that they let Dawn have 4 returns in Journeys for the Sinnoh games, it's only fair they let Serena have time in the spotlight for a Kalos game. She is a bit trickier to make work without Ash, and I can't see any of the Horizons characters doing performances so she can mentor them like she did for Chloe. My best guess is that if she returns they'll have Dot want to interview her for the channel because of her fame as an idol performer as teased in JN105.

Alain also feels like a great dark horse candidate, given that he originated in episodes that were standalone from Ash to begin with. He would definitely mesh well with the current plot line and characters too. I'd love to see him take on Amethio or something.

New calendar.

Sparkles for ep 45.

GHeQjo6aQAAW5Pd.jpg

Honestly Ash SHOULD NOT RETURN in Horizons. He’ll just shove Roy & Liko aside without them establishing themselves for fans to get used to. Plus I feel there’s no need to continue Ash’s journey after he beat Leon and became world champion. Sure he won his first league and became world champion but I felt he was dragged down by terrible companions in both Sun & Moon, and Journeys.

I would love Serena to make another return too. Given that they let Dawn have 4 returns in Journeys for the Sinnoh games, it's only fair they let Serena have time in the spotlight for a Kalos game. She is a bit trickier to make work without Ash, and I can't see any of the Horizons characters doing performances so she can mentor them like she did for Chloe. My best guess is that if she returns they'll have Dot want to interview her for the channel because of her fame as an idol performer as teased in JN105.
Sure Serena might return but most likely it won’t be the same Serena from the anime. It might her game/Masters counterpart. I don’t see any of Ash’s companions making appearances in Horizons. If they do, they’ll have the same names but different characters completely, more like their game or manga counterparts.

I said it in another thread, but if Ash does appear in Horizons, I want it to be a cameo or as a rather minor role. The oldest that I ever expect to see Ash would be as a teenager. As for any major characters prior to Horizons, they would appear as new characters with the same name.

They won't introduce alternate version of previous characters in HZ. There's no story sense to bring back Ash-era characters in non-Ash anime other than fanservice.

There's plenty of ways to promote Kalos and avoid previous characters, plus we don't know what new characters ZA will introduce.

Sure Serena might return but most likely it won’t be the same Serena from the anime. It might her game/Masters counterpart. I don’t see any of Ash’s companions making appearances in Horizons. If they do, they’ll have the same names but different characters completely, more like their game or manga counterparts.
?????

How would that even work? Unless they're exploring the multiverse now, this timeline already has an established variant of Serena, and it's the one from XY and Journeys. Not to mention she's one of the anime's most popular characters. They wouldn't retcon her existence for a game version nobody has any attachment to.

Either we see the Serena, or we don't see Serena at all. Same with any other characters that previously appeared in the Ash era of the franchise. This isn't a new timeline.

How would that even work? Unless they're exploring the multiverse now, this timeline already has an established variant of Serena, and it's the one from XY and Journeys. Not to mention she's one of the anime's most popular characters. They wouldn't retcon her existence for a game version nobody has any attachment to.

Either we see the Serena, or we don't see Serena at all. Same with any other characters that previously appeared in the Ash era of the franchise. This isn't a new timeline.
I feel OLM has started with a clean slate in Horizons. While that doesn’t prove whether or not Horizons takes place in the same universe of timeline with Ash, I feel any character Ash traveled with might not be the same person. Who knows but so far I’m not convinced Ash is even alive in Horizons.

Back
Top Bottom