• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Can we talk about the increadibly random decision the dub made to change Rakua to Lakua? Hell it's even slightly harder to say imo.
Just learned about it from the wiki.

Last edited:
I always thought it was the other way around, L's get changed to R's rather than R's to L. Hence why Riko was a thing for a bit before official dub stuff went with Liko. But I might be wrong, or maybe its both ways?

I always thought it was the other way around, L's get changed to R's rather than R's to L. Hence why Riko was a thing for a bit before official dub stuff went with Liko. But I might be wrong, or maybe its both ways?
It's happened before in M21. Lisa was changed to Risa in the dub. It's happened with 4kids too. Again, occurs in a lot of dubs, you could say Pokémon is knida blatant about it.

It looks like we might not have to wait too long to watch the 2nd batch of episodes on Netflix. The official Pokemon/Netflix just announced on Instagram that new episodes are coming on May 10.

Not sure if I mentioned this here before but uh, heres my predictions on how HZ will go.
If gen 10 is 2026 (30th anniversary)

1 Year of the first three Heroes
6-7 Months of Terastal Debut
1 Year of the latter three Heroes
6-7 months of the Rakua stuff.

We would be in about March-April, maybe May of 2026 I belive, so they need one more arc (Before Rakua? Need an excuse to not go immedietly, Z-A Arc?)

If ZA is early 2025 and Gen 10 late 2025 however. They need either 1 Hero in the current Arc, or perhaps they get Rayquaza in the final arc.
1 Year first three Heroes
6-7 months Terastal + 1?
6-7 Months Last 2
6-7 Months Rakua, Plus Rayquaza?

We’re good on episodes until the end of June. Then another two-week break.

GKcybZq.jpeg

Ash's milestones were so much more exciting and engaging compared to Liko and Roy's. Ash treated his first capture Caterpie like he caught Arceus, and as audience, we all were enjoying to witness how Caterpie improved himself and overcame his insurances within a short span of time that he spent with Ash. Even though the writers stopped caring for him after he evolved into Butterfree, we as audience were made aware of how big of a step it was for Ash's journey. Even though half of the gym battles were lacking actual battles in a fair sense, we knew each of these badges carried Ash one step closer to his ultimate goal to participate in Indigo League. I wish Horizons had given us the same sensation. I like the new series, but I don't feel enthusiastic to see where Liko and Roy's adventures lead to.

The Lakua arc is lacking a lot. The episodes focusing on Lucius's Pokémon do not really feel like a big deal. His Pokémon join Liko very easily, and it was an odd decision to reveal all the six Pokémon in an episode only half way through it. I hope that there is a pattern to be revealed later, but also these Pokémon feel extremely random. What is the connection with shiny Rayquaza, why they shifted its focus from Roy to Liko out of nowhere, what is the motivation to chase down all these Pokémon, why Liko, Roy, or Friede should care about that, why Explorers are after it... Maybe I have missed some details, but lots of these are just on the table and need to be explained.

I am watching the anime because I've been watching it weekly for the past 15 years, but my excitement has gradually faded over the years and at this point I mostly do it as a routine rather than something I am looking forward to unlike the early days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom