• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon in Odd Places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, one time at school, some people were talking about turtles for some reason, and one of them mentioned Squirtle. For a fun little joke, I blurted out "WAAAARTORTLE!!!". They all stared at me, and I remembered how a lot of people really don't like Pokemon that much. Needless to say, I was embarrassed. After about a minute, one of them said "Isn't that the one that looks like a turtle that has old man's beard for a tail?"

And another time, this kid had Pikachu for a desktop on his laptop. He didn't like Pokemon, so I asked him why he had it. He replied, "Pikachu is the best, man. Don't diss him." I explained that I actually do like Pokemon, and he just nodded, and said, "Well, Pikachu's still the best. Sandther is the next best, but he doesn't hold a candle to the 'Chu." I told him there was no such Pokemon, and he just made a confused face at me, and asked, "But I thought he was that Pokemon with the Pinsers on his head...?"

On Heroes, there's a character named Hiro Nakamura...

(Okay, before you start asking me what that has to do with Pokemon, know this: I was watching the credits at the end of my Pearl game, for God knows what reason, and I noticed that one of the Game Freak designers is named... Hiro Nakamura. To which I was like, "Isn't he a little busy saving New York?" Yes, I know that's a longshot, and yes, I know I'm a pathetic nerd.)

That was at the LA airport? I thought that plane was only used in Japan!

I believe there is one assigned for international flights - the oldest livery version. I once saw a photograph of it at Singapore's Changi Airport, and Wikipedia has a photograph of it supposedly taken at London's Heathrow Airport.

On the way to work this morning I passed a woman that had the whole back window area of her car filled up with Pokemon plushes, she must of had at least 3 Dozen stuffed in there o_O

A few weeks ago I brought FireRed to the dentist's office to play in the waiting room, about 2 minutes later a kid came in with his mother, playing LeafGreen. Apart from his mom, we were the only 2 people in the waiting room! I took advantage of the situation to do a quick back-and-forth trade to evolve my Graveler, Stoner. Luckily I wasn't called to see the dentist until after I got Stoner back.

at school one day a few kids where discussing thier char/mander/mealeon/izard(s) and a barged in with "Pika-?" and they all stared at me and a ran of saying "CHUUU~!" it was funny...

the next day I have my DS in my purse and I was secretly looking through the pokedex on it (there were fishes in the tank in the hallway outside the room that I though looked like pokemon so I wanted to double check) and the teacher comes up and she's like, "are you playing pokemon?" and I'm like, "um... no..." and she's like "don't diss the 'chuu..." and I was like o_O

later on, I'm walking with my friend and we go in a store and buy some Pokemon cards, and as we are looking through them on our way out we see the Pokemon plane and we stared blankly at the sky for the next 20 minutes... o.o

On Heroes, there's a character named Hiro Nakamura...

(Okay, before you start asking me what that has to do with Pokemon, know this: I was watching the credits at the end of my Pearl game, for God knows what reason, and I noticed that one of the Game Freak designers is named... Hiro Nakamura. To which I was like, "Isn't he a little busy saving New York?" Yes, I know that's a longshot, and yes, I know I'm a pathetic nerd.)

Doesn't he mention Pokemon at one point in the series?

My sister-in-law sometimes call's my crazy cat "Skitty." It's just telling me that she tends to be freaked out a lot, not as a nickname. =P

From a Winamp skinner's deviantART scraps.

And that's not all. In the application skinning community, I keep running into people using Pokémon avatars - I saw one with a Mr. Mime avatar on deviantART, another one on an internet forum using a Cradily, and yet another person on yet another forum using a Sandslash; on the screenshots thread of yet another forum, someone posted a screenshot with a Gyarados wallpaper.

And this is probably one of the last places on the internet where you will hear the Seaking meme (note comment thread below)
; someone else on that web site uses an Abra avatar too.

Guess like I'm not the only Pokémon fan in that community...

There's a Naruto charcter named Kabuto. Coincidently he's one of my favorite characters.

At the county fair I saw one of those rabbit water bottle thingies with Pikachu on it. It said "small animal water bottle". I guess Pikachu fits the bill.

To quote from a comic review column:

Barda playing Pokemon is the best part of "Birds of Prey" [HASHTAG]#109[/HASHTAG]

I've gotta go get that issue now.

GrnMarvl's post reminds me of how Bart (current(?) Kid Flash) has a Gauntlet shirt.

Anyways, to be on topic, I saw some Pokemon prizes at the fair I went to yesterday.

Doesn't he mention Pokemon at one point in the series?

My sister-in-law sometimes call's my crazy cat "Skitty." It's just telling me that she tends to be freaked out a lot, not as a nickname. =P

Since I started late in the show (5 or 6 episodes in), maybe. Guess I'll find out when I get the boxset next week.

But Masi Oka did tell Wired that he was trying to get more anime and game references worked into the show, so there may be more yet. (and this all REALLY belongs in the Heroes Season 2 thread)

On the way to the library today, I noticed a Mexican restaurant called Los Picachos. Say it fast.

I was at church once, falling asleep like always. Then the Priest said "Pika Pika" I was like o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom