• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon.jp.com B&W and Other Site Updates

Re: Pokemon.jp.com B&W Site Updates with New Legendary Mascots

Trilobyte said:
Those look like Digimon, but I don't give a fuck.

SO these be the first confirmed english names right?

That's exactly what I said, well the first part. As some people have pointed out they look like crosses between several different Pokémon, which I find weird.
I'm also sick of legendary dragon Pokémon...bring on something else. As long as the white one isn't "light"-type, I will not die.
Zekrom looks like a weird evo of Palkia considering it's bottom half.
Anyway, I is mucho pleasedified ^_^

I actually said today, "I don't care, I don't wanna wait, I want new ones now!", anyone else?

Considering that nothing about Reshiram is distinctly like any of the existing types, I don't see why it can't have a new type. The possibility of a Light type has yet to be refuted, and isn't less likely than having a pure Flying-type Pokémon.

Flying.

Zekrom looks like a weird evo of Palkia considering it's bottom half.
My thoughts exactly. Possible Dark/Dragon type, we haven't got one of those yet.

No clue what Rashiram could be if there's no Light type. Maybe Normal/Dragon? That'd be new.

Considering that nothing about Reshiram is distinctly like any of the existing types, I don't see why it can't have a new type. The possibility of a Light type has yet to be refuted, and isn't less likely than having a pure Flying-type Pokémon.
Color of the Pokemon=/=New type.

Using that logic, something like Clefable should have been a new type. Just because it's pure white doesn't mean it's a new type -_-

Lemme just put a stopper on the omgcopying crap.

EVERYONE copies off of Robert Heinlein. Everyone. So to say that GF is copying off other animes? Oh well. Nothing is ever original anymore.

Reshiram is going to be a pure Flying or a pure Psychic type (look at the pink reflections, there are a lot of psychic pokemon that have some pink on their body). Zekrom is going to be a pure Dark type for sure.

And how I always choose the first version (Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond and now Black) that means that I'll have to capture Reshiram (Although I like more Zekrom, I hate breaking the traditions and I'm not going to make the change in this generation) but I also choose the third so probably I won't have a Zekrom till 2013 when the 3rd version cames out.

Oh goshhhh I can't stop posting because I can't contain my excitement! This is shaping up to be the best entries in the Pokemon RPG titles.

I also get a Angelic vibe from Reshiram. Love its pterodatyl(sp) wings as well. :D

Woah, didn't expect this so soon. I mentioned before that I'd be basing my choice from the mascot's appearance.

Pokemon White for me.

This makes me wonder what the third mascot's going to look like

p.s.
hate the tails

Reshiram_and_Zekrom_speed_by_kuroseishin.jpg

What is this I don't even

IT HAS BEEN TWO AND A HALF HOURS.

HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING THIS.

They look original to me, and I say Zekrom could be dark/steel because it has an overall mechanical look and Reshiram be Pure flying, since it seems angelic.
Also, in response to my own previous post, I say their shiny versions could be purple and goldish
picture.php
picture.php

I can't bother to go through all these pages so maybe someone already found it... but-
http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/...rect)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=11268404#

Go to the bottom of this page
See the little Zorua/Zoroark banner? Now, their banner is above a smaller banner with a Pokéball - click on this smaller banner
You'll see the game boxes - and it proves that the white Poké is the mascot of Black, while the black Poké is the mascot of White
Opposite of what most would expect...

I can't bother to go through all these pages so maybe someone already found it... but-
http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/...rect)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=11268404#

Go to the bottom of this page
See the little Zorua/Zoroark banner? Now, their banner is above a smaller banner with a Pokéball - click on this smaller banner
You'll see the game boxes - and it proves that the white Poké is the mascot of Black, while the black Poké is the mascot of White
Opposite of what most would expect...

Already linked.

It looks like a Shadow.

Well, I guess it's shiny version could be purple or red. A lot of black pokemon become those colours in their shiny forms.

It's white. Arceus is white and a normal type. For all we know Reshiram is a normal type as well.
Arceus is a Normal-type Pokémon that can become any type. If it weren't for that ability, it would most likely have a more interesting type than Normal. I don't see a Normal-Dark duality working well at all, whereas a new type would help Reshiram's popularity.

CypherFDP said:
Its wings are only slightly more impressive than Zekrom's. They could both have Flying as a secondary type.

ιɴsσмɴιαc said:
Just because it's pure white doesn't mean it's a new type -_-
That was certainly not my point. I only argued that I don't see how a pure Flying-type Pokémon after all this time is more likely than a new type.

These new Legendaries are effing EPIC.

They're... god, they're Darker and Edgier, but they're so cool I don't even mind.

This happens every generation.

No one likes the new Pokemon, then after a few hours, they end up being part of everyone's avatars and signature banners, hehe.

Before you know it, they end up being eternal classics of the fandom, and three years later, the cycle repeats.

Ken Sugimori and the rest of them work really hard coming up with new designs for new species of Pokemon! Backstories and legends, connections to the environment and other species of Pokemon, Pokedex entries, height/weight/footprints, front view, side view, behind view, top view, bottom view, etc. :)
HOLY CRAP.

Animation + Melee

Never thought I'd see YOU posting again!

Also, this is completely true. Groudon and Kyogre, Palkia and Dialga... Everyone said the same things and once again history will repeat itself.

I'm looking at Zekrom, and trying very hard not to see it as the design team trying their hand at refining Palkia to look less clunky or something. Visually there are just too many similarities between to two pokemon for my taste. That said, while I'm not really fond of it, it's better than Palkia anyway. At least it looks like it can feasibly move.
Reshiram is alright, and I like it's upper body design, so I definately feel it's the better of the duo.

I must say that for any qualms I may have with the appearence of these monsters, I do very much like how each of them sticks to a very basic color scheme.

That's my two cents anyway.

Back
Top Bottom