• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

This is going to maybe sound weird but one thing I wonder is is that this game is going to bring a back a sense of menace to the world.
A few of the games (gen 1 and 4 at least) had the idea that traveling in the wild without your own Pokémon to protect you is dangerous. Your mom in Platinum suggests terrible things would have happened if Rowan hadn't stopped you and Barry from trying to go through tall grass.
In general the world feels safer in modern games despite the increased focus on world ending threats. I wouldn't say this is something that bothers me, so to say, but I'd definitely find a feeling of genuine danger refreshing.

Now, the reason I think this might be happening is that there's ample evidence this game is going to have focus on conflict between humans and Pokémon; we have Laventon describing Pokémon as "terrifing" instead of how professors in prior games talk, and we know the player will be targeted in battle--combined with the Hsuian Zorua line apparently being driven by "malice" towards humans and other Pokémon.

I'm not saying we're getting an M or T rated game but I wonder if it might have a Majora's Mask creepy vibe.

In general the world feels safer in modern games despite the increased focus on world ending threats.
I think the fact that you are constantly being followed by an handful of people definitely makes the world feel safer in recent generations. Definitely miss that feeling from the earlier generations where it felt more like it was your own adventure and you were alone a lot of the time and not you and a bunch of people walking with you.

That one's nothing special. It's not like we haven't had Pokemon who supposedly want to murder you before.
Yeah but this time they can actually attack the player character directly.
This isn't just a Pokédex entry. They'll actually try to take you out.

Yeah but this time they can actually attack the player character directly.
This isn't just a Pokédex entry. They'll actually try to take you out.
This is easily my favorite aspect of Legends: Arceus. The outside world is actually dangerous and Pokemon are fully ready to use their powers to attack you.

This is easily my favorite aspect of Legends: Arceus. The outside world is actually dangerous and Pokemon are fully ready to use their powers to attack you.
And yet the clans seem just as happy-go-lucky as the average NPC from previous games. Why is the professor so afraid when he obviously interacted with Pokemon in other regions? I'm sure that the explanation will be satisfying.

And yet the clans seem just as happy-go-lucky as the average NPC from previous games. Why is the professor so afraid when he obviously interacted with Pokemon in other regions?
I'd say it's possible to be afraid of lions, bears and sharks while not being intimidated by a bear cub, or a dogfish. I think many sensible animal handlers are able to recognise and respect the dangerous nature of their charges while being fascinated by them.

And yet the clans seem just as happy-go-lucky as the average NPC from previous games. Why is the professor so afraid when he obviously interacted with Pokemon in other regions? I'm sure that the explanation will be satisfying.
The clans aren’t really a good sample size to show the general attitudes of people towards Pokémon. It’s like conducting a survey about "How much does the average person fear sharks?" and ask only people who either sell shark food, shark merchandise, or are flat out shark fanatics or handlers. These are the people who have somewhat accepted the existence of Pokémon and are learning to integrate them in their daily life. It’s better for general gameplay (it’s pretty difficult to continue a game called "Pokémon"'s progression when half the NPCs are afraid of them) while still making sense and avoiding the chosen one troupe that "The MC is the only person unafraid of Pokémon.

The clans are a pretty biased sample size to judge Hisui's overall ambivalence to Pokémon.

Not anything substantial from this commercial, but some new clips from the game. I think that's the first time we've seen the volcano from up close. So that's nice. It's just nice to see the game again too. Now that we've reached the month of the release of the game, I'm sure we'll see some more talk about the game.

Not anything substantial from this commercial, but some new clips from the game. I think that's the first time we've seen the volcano from up close. So that's nice. It's just nice to see the game again too. Now that we've reached the month of the release of the game, I'm sure we'll see some more talk about the game.
SwSh's last month of marketing was very, very boring. With only one big substantial trailer in the end, featuring some bits of Mr. Rime and other new gen 8 Pokémon. Those were already known throughout all the leaked footage, though, as that was our primary source of information back then.

So, the build-up towards release could still be anticlimactic.

SwSh's last month of marketing was very, very boring. With only one big substantial trailer in the end, featuring some bits of Mr. Rime and other new gen 8 Pokémon. Those were already known throughout all the leaked footage, though, as that was our primary source of information back then.

So, the build-up towards release could still be anticlimactic.
^ I honestly think we know about as much as we’re gonna know until the game comes out. Maaaaaybe they’ll show us the starter evos but i don’t think we even got those before SwSh

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom