• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Seeing subquests made me happy. Nice to see Exp. Candies back, I've missed them in BDSP. This seems like a good way to get them in place of Max Raids.

Learning when the best times to use agile/strong style is gonna be interesting. And of course then there's all this running around and dodging Pokemon that I'm not used to.

I just hope story progression isn't too much of a pain. Catching Pokemon looks more fun in this game than traditional games but still, I'm not usually the catch 'em all type.

Something I've been wondering since the trailer released is how many missions will there be? And will there be any variation to them? So far it looks like the missions are just "can you catch this Pokemon for me?", but I wonder as we progress if there will be any variation. Will we see missions where we have to find a Pokemon with a certain type of attack? Or will we have to find a certain Pokemon of a particular size? Will there be missions that describe a Pokemon but not actually give the name and we have to figure out what it is? I hope as the game goes on the requests are more than just find this one Pokemon. I'm also a bit worried that these requests are finite? I noticed in this trailer the requests are numbered, so perhaps there will be an end to them. If that is so, I hope once we reach post game maybe they'll introduce daily requests so the player may want to keep coming back.

Edit: Looks like we will have some variation in missions. I just missed it.

Last edited:
Something I've been wondering since the trailer released is how many missions will there be? And will there be any variation to them? So far it looks like the missions are just "can you catch this Pokemon for me?", but I wonder as we progress if there will be any variation. Will we see missions where we have to find a Pokemon with a certain type of attack? Or will we have to find a certain Pokemon of a particular size? Will there be missions that describe a Pokemon but not actually give the name and we have to figure out what it is? I hope as the game goes on the requests are more than just find this one Pokemon. I'm also a bit worried that these requests are finite? I noticed in this trailer the requests are numbered, so perhaps there will be an end to them. If that is so, I hope once we reach post game maybe they'll introduce daily requests so the player may want to keep coming back.
During the scene where they briefly flicked through some requests we did see some variation. One was about just catching a Wurmple. One had a guy asking specifically for a big Buizel. another required showing a complete Pokedex page for Starly. Also the voice-over mentioned some requests requiring you to find items instead of Pokemon and defeating a specific strong Pokemon in battle. so there's definitely some variety

Edit: Also just gonna drop this here instead of doing a new reply, it might be blurry but its the best shot i could get heres the list of main story Missions we very briefly see. Nothing too interesting of note.
Screenshot 2022-01-13 12.13.17 PM.png

During the scene where they briefly flicked through some requests we did see some variation. One was about just catching a Wurmple. One had a guy asking specifically for a big Buizel. another required showing a complete Pokedex page for Starly. Also the voice-over mentioned some requests requiring you to find items instead of Pokemon and defeating a specific strong Pokemon in battle. so there's definitely some variety
Oh, must have missed that. Thanks :)

I would like to add that the Wurmple request mentioned a guy wanting a Wurmple of his own instead of simply seeing one. So some requests might require you to actually hand over the Pokemon permanently.

Edit: Same with the Buizel mission actually. Please don't let there be any requests where you have to catch a super rare pokemon then just give it away.

Last edited:
Learning when the best times to use agile/strong style is gonna be interesting.
I mean I'm pretty sure it's just gonna be that you use Agile style to soften the opponent up and then use your free turn to finish it off with Strong Style.

Okay hear me out: Pokemon deflect your pokeball if you throw it when they are angry, and seemingly you still lose the pokeball. So imagine accidentally throwing your masterball at an angry pokemon and just losing it.
(I assume the work around, if the game even has a masterball which it very well might not, is that it just ignores the deflection.)

Anyways i was wondering, if all your pokemon faint do you proceed to also Black Out like usual. Or do you just get kicked out of the battle and have to run back to base camp with no pokemon to defend you.

The fact that you have your own house in this game asks the classic RPG with a child-protag question. Where is this kids parents. Do wonder if this is going to be one of the Pokemon games we get on occasion where the Protag a teen. Or if the protags parents really just let their 10 year old get a job where they get shipped off to complete wilderness to research dangerous animals. Wouldn't put it past the Pokemon world, at least they are getting paid unlike trainers of the future.
To be honest you also owned a house in Platinum too.

Seriously though, if your mom isn't hanging around somewhere, then maybe the Galaxy Group pays for your accommodations.

Just thought of something, hope there is a name rater somewhere in Jubilife. Because you don't actually get the option to nickname your Pokemon when you catch them in the overworld. (We haven't seen if you get the option when catching them in battle though) Would suck if they just removed that feature.

Just thought of something, hope there is a name rater somewhere in Jubilife. Because you don't actually get the option to nickname your Pokemon when you catch them in the overworld. (We haven't seen if you get the option when catching them in battle though) Would suck if they just removed that feature.
I’m fairly confident it’ll just be like Let’s Go where you do it in the menu.

So is legends arceus definitely the meiji era then? I know that's the general consensus; I also know Japan had settlement(s) in Hokkaido many years before that.

My friend thinks it took place hundreds or even 1000+ years ago since it says human-pokemon interaction is rare...And I think it's hard to believe that people only started interacting with pokemon like 150 years ago.

But also pokemon's reflection of the meiji era and modern pokemon day doesn't necessarily correspond to our own time, it could in fact be hundreds of years ago instead of 150 and still be based on that era lol

So is legends arceus definitely the meiji era then? I know that's the general consensus; I also know Japan had settlement(s) in Hokkaido many years before that.

My friend thinks it took place hundreds or even 1000+ years ago since it says human-pokemon interaction is rare...And I think it's hard to believe that people only started interacting with pokemon like 150 years ago.

But also pokemon's reflection of the meiji era and modern pokemon day doesn't necessarily correspond to our own time, it could in fact be hundreds of years ago instead of 150 and still be based on that era lol
Based on basically all the clues we have seen with parallels to real world history and the technology that is available (save for the Arc Phone which has been called a mysterious device so its safe to say its not some commonplace item humans made). It definitely seems to be based on the Meiji era. However like you said pokemon history doesn't have to line up with real life history so the pokemon equivalent of the Meji era could have happened hundreds of years ago.

Okay hear me out: Pokemon deflect your pokeball if you throw it when they are angry, and seemingly you still lose the pokeball. So imagine accidentally throwing your masterball at an angry pokemon and just losing it.
(I assume the work around, if the game even has a masterball which it very well might not, is that it just ignores the deflection.)

Anyways i was wondering, if all your pokemon faint do you proceed to also Black Out like usual. Or do you just get kicked out of the battle and have to run back to base camp with no pokemon to defend you.

Imagine throwing a Master Ball at an angry Arceus and it just destroys the ball xD
But yeah I'm not sure if it will be added or not though

Based on the technology (such as the photography), probably the architecture, and the history of Hokkaido (which changed its name in the Meiji era)-- yeah, definitely lines up with Meiji.

Similar vein: The fact that new moves seemingly just get added manually when leveling in the overworld. Was that just because Starly didn't have four moves yet. Or are you gonna have to keep returning to a move relearner of some sort because the game keeps auto replacing your moves.
I'm split because on one hand that would be midly annoying, but so would the game pausing in the overworld to ask you to replace a move.

Similar vein: The fact that new moves seemingly just get added manually when leveling in the overworld. Was that just because Starly didn't have four moves yet. Or are you gonna have to keep returning to a move relearner of some sort because the game keeps auto replacing your moves.
I'm split because on one hand that would be midly annoying, but so would the game pausing in the overworld to ask you to replace a move.
Part of me wonders if the easy move relearners in Sw/Sh might be taken farther and the player can swap moves in and out on the go in the party menu.
Sort of like the spell memorization system some RPGs use.

I think a good way it would be to have the new move pop up simply notify the player that their Pokemon can learn a new move, then when the player chooses they can go in the Pokemon's summary page and learn the move from there. No making you travel anywhere or stop your experience to learn a move. You decide when you want to pause and learn. It would also give you some time to think about your choice if you need to.

It's pretty much the Meiji era. I also think that the wording of the tagline is off. It's not the story of "how people and pokemon learned to live together" as much as it is "how people from mainland Poké-Japan where there's probably a lot more regulations between people and pokemon have learned to live with pokemon that will literally kill them if they look at them wrong." It's probably only rare to see people interacting with the local pokemon population.

It's obvious from the starters we know that Johto, Alola, and Unova are doing their own thing and Mai has grown up with her Munchlax. It's not like this is the first time people have ever interacted or lived with pokemon in general.

Besides, if it was any further back then a 100 something years you'd probably be seeing people with pokemon wives/husbands or whatever.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom